Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

"Exact transcript" . . . wrong.

"story didn't come even close to matching up" . . . wrong.

Whistleblowers are gone . . . wrong.

Surely someone has taken Schiff's stupid paraphrase and matched it up with the White House "memo" of the call to prove they match.  If not, it needs to be done.  This is utter bullshit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I completely missed the Brexit news.  What happened?

Tentative agreement / Northern Ireland stays in the EU custom zone. Since then though parliament didn’t ok it and they had to ask for another extension 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Just another day when our lunatic president shows his ass on twitter again. 

Exactly.  I don't even read them anymore when they come in waves like that.  I just know that the president is watching TV and holding a bag of ice against his bruised ass.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DJ is meeting with the Cabal, um Cabinet today and lunch with the VP. Everybody got their talking points? The super secret meeting amongst the aides concerns is who is responsible today for "losing" the phone.

Talking points are easy, just go around the room and shower Trump with praise and share what an honor it is to serve him. 

The Mark "Esperanto" tweet led to this comment:

Which then led to this comment today by David Dale:

I'm having a hard time picturing Esper keeping up with the Trumpian map of the Middle East he has been given. How many days before he realizes he has jumped into a quagmire of which he will be lucky to escape? No worries about human lives, let's guard the money. Always the money.

On a different note, it also begs the question of when Ed Secretary DeVos is going to release the Sharpie version of Sherman's march to Atlanta in the new textbooks...

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol this day was always going to come.  Maybe the US shouldn't have helped create a power vacuum in Northern Syria in the first place by arming every terrorist they could find in the region?

What day?  The day we hastily retreated leaving our allies to fend for themselves, while allowing the Russians occupy the bases we left behind because there was no plan for said hasty retreat?  That day?

Cause if that's what you're talking about, it's clear why you support Trump... you're an ignorant simpleton who confuses tactics with strategy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What day?  The day we hastily retreated leaving our allies to fend for themselves, while allowing the Russians occupy the bases we left behind because there was no plan for said hasty retreat?  That day?

Cause if that's what you're talking about, it's clear why you support Trump... you're an ignorant simpleton who confuses tactics with strategy.

Neither Syria nor Turkey are going to allow the Kurds to have independence in Northern Syria.  Unless the US colonized that portion of Syria the Kurds were going to be betrayed at some point.  

49 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Some solid, if completely unsurprising, quotes in there:

From my vantage point, Mattis was playing a game of chess against a president fixated on “Rock, Paper, Scissors.”

Ex speech writer is dishing on DOTARD instead of Mattis, so Mattis can claim plausible deniability. Pathetic.

49 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

57 States!
-FCHorn

We dodged bullet (Hillary)!

-Onboard, Futureman, etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Neither Syria nor Turkey are going to allow the Kurds to have independence in Northern Syria.  Unless the US colonized that portion of Syria the Kurds were going to be betrayed at some point.  

There is a big difference between having a planned withdrawal and announcing an immediate, hasty retreat via Twitter that catches the entire military off guard.  If you don't see the difference, I can't help you.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

There is a big difference between having a planned withdrawal and announcing an immediate, hasty retreat via Twitter that catches the entire military off guard.  If you don't see the difference, I can't help you.

He gets it. He's just a contrarian asshole who secretly delights when anyone is killed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Surely someone has taken Schiff's stupid paraphrase and matched it up with the White House "memo" of the call to prove they match.  If not, it needs to be done.  This is utter bullshit.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, yoladu said:

This pretty much spells it out....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/donald-trump-adam-schiff/index.html

First off, it's clear that Schiff is not attempting to portray his summary of Trump's call as a some sort of verbatim retelling. Schiff literally says before he starts, "in not so many words, this is the essence of what the President communicates."

1) What Trump said: "I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are."

What Schiff said: "We have been very good to your country, very good. No other country has done as much as we have."

2) What Trump said: "I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very, very good to Ukraine."

What Schiff said: "But you know what? I don't see much reciprocity here."

3) What Trump said: "I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it."

What Schiff said: "I have a favor I want from you though."

4) What Trump said: "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great."

What Schiff said: "I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent. Lots of it. ... I'm going to put you in touch with people, not just any people, I am going to put you in touch with the attorney general, my attorney general Bill Barr."

5) What Trump said: "I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call, and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it."

What Schiff said: "I'm going to put you in touch with Rudy. You are going to love him. Trust me. You know what I'm asking. So I'm only going to say this a few more times. In a few more ways."

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 2