Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

On the other hand,

How Florida Republicans Are Talking About Impeachment

Working-class Republicans see Donald Trump as a white businessman who made a lot of money. The investigations only strengthen their kinship with him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/opinion/florida-republicans-impeachment.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

22 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Hasn't she always been the First Lady in his mind? 

According to Ivana (old news from 2017), SHE is First Lady:

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2114616/word-war-erupts-among-trumps-wives-after-first-wife

“I’m basically first Trump wife. OK?” Ivana Trump said. “I’m first lady.”

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

“He lied,” said Trish Amato, who worked at a General Motors plant in the area that stopped production earlier this year. “He told everybody it’s all coming back,” said Amato. “It’s not. It’s harder and harder to find a job.”

Amato, who voted for Trump in 2016 but is having misgivings about supporting him next year, is one of hundreds of workers at the Lordstown plant who lost their jobs, and in many cases sold their homes and left the region, since Trump’s speech in Youngstown in mid-2017.

Dave Hutchins, a Republican who owns a soybean, corn and cattle farm in central Ohio, voted for Trump in the last presidential election and said he would likely do so again next year. But Hutchins said he was waiting to see the results of the trade talks before passing judgment on Trump’s first term in office.

“The farm vote is in limbo. Right now a majority are still supporting him but he’s got to come through. He started this thing. He’s got to finish it,” Hutchins said.

spacer.png

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Working-class Republicans see Donald Trump as a white businessman who made a lot of money. The investigations only strengthen their kinship with him.

So they have relatives who are fronts for organized crime?

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

“He lied,” said Trish Amato, who worked at a General Motors plant in the area that stopped production earlier this year. “He told everybody it’s all coming back,” said Amato. “It’s not. It’s harder and harder to find a job.”

Amato, who voted for Trump in 2016 but is having misgivings about supporting him next year, is one of hundreds of workers at the Lordstown plant who lost their jobs, and in many cases sold their homes and left the region, since Trump’s speech in Youngstown in mid-2017.

Dave Hutchins, a Republican who owns a soybean, corn and cattle farm in central Ohio, voted for Trump in the last presidential election and said he would likely do so again next year. But Hutchins said he was waiting to see the results of the trade talks before passing judgment on Trump’s first term in office.

“The farm vote is in limbo. Right now a majority are still supporting him but he’s got to come through. He started this thing. He’s got to finish it,” Hutchins said.

spacer.png

Yeah, I cringed at that line too. 

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd dance a fucking jig but if it was committed by a foreign power then I'd still consider it an act of war and demand retaliation. 

I hear what your saying, but I'm kind of an "enemy of my enemy is a friend" guy in this case.

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I hear what your saying, but I'm kind of an "enemy of my enemy is a friend" guy in this case.

You don't think that would mean you're no better than the Republicans who were perfectly fine with the Russians hacking the DNC and otherwise meddling in U.S. elections?

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You don't think that would mean you're no better than the Republicans who were perfectly fine with the Russians hacking the DNC and otherwise meddling in U.S. elections?

No.  Perhaps it's mental gymnastics on my part, but I see the DNC hack as attacking the US...I see Trump's death as a positive for the US and the world in general.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Tell us again how you gave up your salary and then proceeded to milk our tax dollars for all they're worth? And what was that $$ amount that your children took to the bank again? Never mind that it is illegal. Stick to hat and tshirt sales, DJ.

I tell myself not to be reactionary or cuss when I read his nonsense day after day.

But really he is such a consistent whiny little bitch it's difficult.

Seriously if you had a friend like that someone in your circle, they would get checked by someone... You know you are really sounding like a little bitch, pull yourself together. And they probably would.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

No.  Perhaps it's mental gymnastics on my part, but I see the DNC hack as attacking the US...I see Trump's death as a positive for the US and the world in general.

That's mental gymnastics with a backbreaking degree of difficulty. We're talking about the assassination of the U.S. President by a foreign power. If you don't care about that just because the man occupying the office is a vile piece of human excrement then I'd suggest you've lost your way. 

It would be one thing if, say, John Kelly put a bullet through his head before he could order the launch of the nukes at San Francisco. I'd call that the act of a patriot. But what if Putin gave him the polonium cocktail to keep him quiet about their criminal conspiracy? Would you want to let that slide?

6 minutes ago, SameSame said:

I tell myself not to be reactionary or cuss when I read his nonsense day after day.

But really he is such a consistent whiny little bitch it's difficult.

Seriously if you had a friend like that someone in your circle, they would get checked by someone... You know you are really sounding like a little bitch, pull yourself together. And they probably would.

In regards to the G7 Doral play, Trump's own party pretty much told him this was a no go. I'm actually disappointed Trump backed down so fast. Awarding yourself/your business a government contract would most likely sway some of the independents away from him. That and it would be a big fuck you to the emoluments clause, more than what is in the courts now. 

I think the play here is to mock Trump for backing down so easily. Keep on taunting him that he capitulated to the left once again.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That's mental gymnastics with a backbreaking degree of difficulty. We're talking about the assassination of the U.S. President by a foreign power. If you don't care about that just because the man occupying the office is a vile piece of human excrement then I'd suggest you've lost your way. 

It would be one thing if, say, John Kelly put a bullet through his head before he could order the launch of the nukes at San Francisco. I'd call that the act of a patriot. But what if Putin gave him the polonium cocktail to keep him quiet about their criminal conspiracy? Would you want to let that slide?

Slide? No.  Go to war because of it?  Also no.

I asked myself 2 questions when facing this hypothetical.

1)  Does it make the US stronger, or weaker? 

2)  Is it better or worse for the world at large?

In the case of Trump's death, I think the answer to both is a resounding "YES".

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Talking points are easy, just go around the room and shower Trump with praise and share what an honor it is to serve him. 

I guess that didn't work so well:

Old 'Spurs and Slurs' took care of ISIS. Murica!

More here as well:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-melts-down-in-cabinet-meeting-when-question-about-isis-it-was-me-who-captured-them/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

This is a good and reasonable discussion of whether we as a country would be in a better position if the US President, for the 1st time in history, was taken out by a foreign power and this not at all crazy and it's totally on the up and up and we have definitely thought this through..

Are you unfamiliar with the time honored Surly/Shaggy/Hornfans tradition of creating preposterous hypothetical and then debating them to death?  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Slide? No.  Go to war because of it?  Also no.

I asked myself 2 questions when facing this hypothetical.

1)  Does it make the US stronger, or weaker? 

2)  Is it better or worse for the world at large?

In the case of Trump's death, I think the answer to both is a resounding "YES".

Would removing Putin from power make the U.S. stronger or weaker? Would it be better or worse for the world at large?

Never mind him assassinating the U.S. President. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Are you unfamiliar with the time honored Surly/Shaggy/Hornfans tradition of creating preposterous hypothetical and then debating them to death?  

For the record, a weekend-long wild threesome with Sela Ward, Milana Vayntrub, and ole Brisketexan is not a preposterous hypothetical.  Ridiculous, maybe.  But not preposterous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Would removing Putin from power make the U.S. stronger or weaker? Would it be better or worse for the world at large?

Never mind him assassinating the U.S. President. 

Not sure how you became obsessed with the Putin angle, but yes on both accounts.  I would not shed a tear if he were gone.

But no way in hell Putin kills Trump while he's President.  In fact, he's doing everything in his power to keep Trump in office.  Now if Trump loses in 2020, then all bets are off.

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not sure how you became obsessed with the Putin angle, but yes on both accounts.  I would not shed a tear if he were gone.

But no way in hell Putin kills Trump while he's President.  In fact, he's doing everything in his power to keep Trump in office.  Now if Trump loses in 2020, then all bets are off.

Going away from the President for a moment, how many agents or allies do you think Putin has on US soil? I mean, the US had someone high up that was 'extricated' or whatever they call it; it's reasonable to believe that Vladimir has his own people stateside. How many would one need? If DJ was no longer President, how will the new Administration figure out who is pro-Putin and who is simply someone with a grudge? I'm a novice when it comes to things like that. Is it a little like coaching staff transitions with mostly wholesale replacement?

23 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I guess that didn't work so well:

Old 'Spurs and Slurs' took care of ISIS. Murica!

More here as well:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump-melts-down-in-cabinet-meeting-when-question-about-isis-it-was-me-who-captured-them/

I love how he talks about ISIS as if it were some perv hiding up a tree in the local park.  

Bitch, if you so good at capturing ISIS, git your ass over there and do it again.  

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Which one of out allies would do such a thing? Germany, Canada, France or some other foreign power that Trump antagonizes?

My money is on Greenland. No official military so they are all free agents. Free agents with a sense of humor and long memories. It will be a better resolution than even the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Going away from the President for a moment, how many agents or allies do you think Putin has on US soil? I mean, the US had someone high up that was 'extricated' or whatever they call it; it's reasonable to believe that Vladimir has his own people stateside. How many would one need? If DJ was no longer President, how will the new Administration figure out who is pro-Putin and who is simply someone with a grudge? I'm a novice when it comes to things like that. Is it a little like coaching staff transitions with mostly wholesale replacement?

You mean aside from Trump?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

My money is on Greenland. No official military so they are all free agents. Free agents with a sense of humor and long memories. It will be a better resolution than even the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

holy fuck, i've forgotten that our president seriously WANTED TO BUY GREENLAND.

if that's the kind of shit we are forgetting, times are about as tumultuous as ever.

• Like 1

his filibustering is exhausting today.

main takeaway - he's basically george washington.

re: the doral and g7.  it's interesting to me that they even act like it was a "decision".  when trump found out the u.s. was hosting the g7, he said it was going to be at doral because he owns properties.  he wasn't ever thinking it would possibly be someplace else.  he still seems shocked anyone had issue with it.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

his filibustering is exhausting today.

main takeaway - he's basically george washington.

re: the doral and g7.  it's interesting to me that they even act like it was a "decision".  when trump found out the u.s. was hosting the g7, he said it was going to be at doral because he owns properties.  he wasn't ever thinking it would possibly be someplace else.  he still seems shocked anyone had issue with it.

He IS shocked because he’s been openly enriching himself for three years and republicans always defended it. 

10 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

You mean aside from Trump?

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

holy fuck, i've forgotten that our president seriously WANTED TO BUY GREENLAND.

if that's the kind of shit we are forgetting, times are about as tumultuous as ever.

Yes, aside from Trump. Greenland was a play for the natural gas and the gateway to the Arctic reserves. Whether Trump thought of it on his own, or Putin floated it for fun (I'm only half joking here), if Trump was to be out of office, the push to grab resources and power isn't going to melt away.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd dance a fucking jig but if it was committed by a foreign power then I'd still consider it an act of war and demand retaliation. 

It would be better if it was at the hands of Eric Trump committing an Darwin Award act. "Hey guys check this out..." SS Agent, "Put that down it's C4 not clay for arts and craft, take it out the oven!"

Just heard Trump give a rambling speech, cutting the Dems and Obama. Claiming he'll win the election and the only way Dems can try to win is through this impeachment. Yada, yada, yada, same o stuff. I'm so sick of that guy - please go away. Bill Maher wondered if Trump could be bought off and paid to leave since all he cares about is money and personal enrichment. Trump said he was going to let the G7 use Dorel for free - that's the first time I've heard that. I guarantee you that wouldn't have been the case until he had to drop the idea of using it.  

• Like 1

It wouldn't have mattered if Doral were free to G7 attendees, with free food and unlimited drinks.  There is still value in brand promotion.  He'd tout that G7 "host" status from then on.  It would be a violation of the emoluments clause, regardless.

At let's not kid ourselves, that property would be upgraded for "security purposes" (with a fair amount of cosmetics thrown in) on our dime.  Technically, that wouldn't be emoluments because it would be US money, but anyone who thinks Trump does anything for free is a fool.

• Like 3

Trump's wet dream is Doral hosting the G7. He'd get to upgrade the property at the taxpayers expense. It would further promote his brand via him chirping about it until months after the event. There's no doubt he would make money off of it, even if it was promoted as being done at cost. 

He likes to place blame on the Democrats for balking at this idea, has gone as far as now saying the emoluments clause in the Constitution is a joke. Like I posted earlier, if I was in the media I would play Trump like a fiddle. Ask why he keeps backing down to the left and fake media on this issue? Challenge his business decision, heck challenge his manhood on that fact that backing down really makes him look weak to his base. It will drive him crazy, hopefully crazy enough to say "fuck it" and push to go back to Doral. Keep pulling at the thread labeled "Pull for Meltdown".

Lol lol he is a lunatic. Why would "some people" say that Miami is the largest airport? It's clearly not and that's a clear fact, not a matter of opinion. 

Reminded me of Ron Burgandy talking about how San Diego was discovered by the Germans and means “a whale’s vagina”.