Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

No, not the Justice Department.  That dude ran the Legion of Doom.

Lex_Luthor_Superfriends.JPG

I'm pretty sure he also ran a strike team in Los Angeles and is now retired and posts about cholas on this site.  It's no wonder he's okay with abuse of power.

180?cb=20140203063336

• Like 1

I haven't thought of lynching as necessarily racial for most of my life. I first encountered the term in Western movies where there were plots involving a sheriff trying to prevent a lynching. 

Only in the last several years, it seems to me, that lynching has become unmentionable outside of the certainly horrible history of lynching black people. I may be out of step on this one, but I don't see Trump's usage as racist or even ignorant. There is a whiff of political correctness to the criticism.

Further, it's such a small thing compared to his lies about the impeachment process, his plenary power under Article 2, and his defense of the Charlottesville Nazi rally that I wouldn't care to waste much time on it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

6 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

No, not the Justice Department.  That dude ran the Legion of Doom.

Lex_Luthor_Superfriends.JPG

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I'm pretty sure he also ran a strike team in Los Angeles and is now retired and posts about cholas on this site.  It's no wonder he's okay with abuse of power.

180?cb=20140203063336

and was one of the more flamboyant Batman villains.

DLjOHJ7X4AAwiGR.jpg:large

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I haven't thought of lynching as necessarily racial for most of my life. I first encountered the term in Western movies where there were plots involving a sheriff trying to prevent a lynching. 

Only in the last several years, it seems to me, that lynching has become unmentionable outside of the certainly horrible history of lynching black people. I may be out of step on this one, but I don't see Trump's usage as racist or even ignorant. There is a whiff of political correctness to the criticism.

Further, it's such a small thing compared to his lies about the impeachment process, his plenary power under Article 2, and his defense of the Charlottesville Nazi rally that I wouldn't care to waste much time on it.

In a vacuum maybe, but he is a racist piece of shit and has said/done things that clearly identify him as being antagonistic towards blacks. Has nothing to do with being PC and everything to do with judging a person on their past words/actions.  

That is all beside the point that when you say or use that word, it’s going to bring this issue into the discussion. You don’t really get to say “ITS A LYNCHING!!!” then get the benefit of the doubt and clarify “oh no I meant the general practice of lynching, not just the practice of terrorizing African Americans that this term so strongly points to.”  

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

In a vacuum maybe, but he is a racist piece of shit and has said/done things that clearly identify him as being antagonistic towards blacks. Has nothing to do with being PC and everything to do with judging a person on their past words/actions.  

That is all beside the point that when you say or use that word, it’s going to bring this issue into the discussion. You don’t really get to say “ITS A LYNCHING!!!” then get the benefit of the doubt and clarify “oh no I meant the general practice of lynching, not just the practice of terrorizing African Americans that this term so strongly points to.”  

• Fuck You 1

As the GOP "alternative facts" machine rumbles across Twitter and Facebook like a tank, DJ has been hanging out in the Oval Office. Today he has an outing: he will be the keynote speaker this evening at the "Shale Insight" Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Today is not the last day of the conference, however. Thursday evening, the last topic is:

Climate, Poverty, Politics and the Energy Transition and the keynote speaker will be: Scott Tinker, PhD, Director, Bureau of Economic Geology The University of Texas at Austin and his talk will be introduced by the Senior Vice President of *Range Resources Corp. Hopefully, everyone will have not yet stored their baggage in the overhead compartment by the time Mr. Tinker begins. After the nomination of William Pendley to the BLM, I don't think too many people are worried about climate, politics and energy (**at least at that level). They got this.

After the keynote address, the President will return home to his bunker.

*Range Resources Corp recently settled ($3million) a contamination lawsuit in Pennsylvania.

** I left out poverty because it's not as if that was ever a concern. Ever.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Clarification

Regardless of history, Trump didn’t stumble into an inadvertent faux pas. He has spent the past years sending messages to the white nationalists in his base while claiming to be put upon by the PC crowd as he spews racism. HIs use of the word “lynching” was intentional and meant to be inflammatory. He and Stephen Miller seem to have an endless list of bigoted dog whistles to put out there—things that are known to white nationalists, but perhaps not the rest of us. “Lynching” is more blatant than that.

I don’t think there’s any 4D chess to his tweeting. But he does know that he can get his base to defend him on his racist crap, while impeachment hearings, slaughter of the Kurds, or whatever else is going on.

Misc Press Secretary #3:  The President misspoke.  He meant to say “lunching.”  You are witnessing a lunching here.  He was simply reminiscing about the wonderful lunch he had with the Clemson football team after last season’s national championship game.  This controversy is simply another attempt by the politically correct lame stream media to paint the President as a racist when nothing could be further from the truth.

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Misc Press Secretary #3:  The President misspoke.  He meant to say “lunching.”  You are witnessing a lunching here.  He was simply reminiscing about the wonderful lunch he had with the Clemson football team after last season’s national championship game.  This controversy is simply another attempt by the politically correct lame stream media to paint the President as a racist when nothing could be further from the truth.

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

Did you insert that loop above his head, part of the lighting, or me projecting?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did you insert that loop above his head, part of the lighting, or me projecting?

Oh, that’s the last safeguard of the Republic placed there by the anonymous Trump staffer who wrote “The Warning.”   So nothing to worry about, everything is under control.  Enjoy your holiday shopping!

Edited by Goredho

15 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Preach! Plus, I've got fresh baked brownies with ice cream on the side because chocolate solves a lot of problems and the liquor does the rest.

I would absolutely watch the end of the world with brownies and White Claw. That's just sensible.

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Maybe using movies made by white people about white people who are heroes to white people isn't the best place to get your history lessons on race-motivated attacks.  

Edited by Longhornfan1024

13 hours ago, Bookman said:

Anyone who in 2016 thought Donald Trump would be less corrupt than Hillary Clinton really needs to consider never voting again. They're just simply not capable of voting with the  minimum amount of skill needed for Democracy to work.

What about the people who still think that was the right decision?  Tar and Feather?   Lock them up?  Psych facilities?

• Like 2