Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It won’t work. He thinks it will, but that’s because he’s a mentally ill moron. 

I'm not sure what "work" or "not work" even mean in this context. Everyone is still trapped in this idea that our political system will somehow save us by unknown mechanisms. This is about power. Our system purports to distribute power to various branches, but other branches only actually have power over Trump to the extent they're willing to wield it. The Senate clearly isn't, and the Dems in the House will only do so if a clear majority of the electorate tells them its ok to do so. The courts can issue rulings against Trump every day but they can't actually enforce any of them.  The system was designed to survive an aspiring tyrant, it wasn't designed to survive an aspiring tyrant aided by political supplicants that controlled a house of Congress.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Except he's long been exposed to the world.  And 35% of the country, most of Congress, and much of the courts, is just ignoring what's been exposed.  I'm not sure why you think, even if comes out, and I'm not confident it will, that information from say Deutsch Bank could possibly move the needle.  Hell, trump getting on stage and siding with Putin over US intelligence, telling Putin to hack Hillary's emails, firing Comey, and I could go on for days didn't move the needle.  Most of the Senate and 35% of the country is saying that the Mueller report exonerates trump.  Facts are irrelevant, and no one is changing their mind.

If he didn't care about being exposed, truly exposed in his mind, he wouldn't fight so hard to keep folks from testifying to Congress, he wouldn't be challenging everything in court, and he wouldn't be acting like a fucking emo on twitter.

• Like 1

No one wants to stop him from doing anything.  He cannot be charged with a crime.  He owns the senate, the military, and the police.  The courts are hanging by a thread.  
This is fine.

Your mental health is worse than trump’s.
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm not sure what "work" or "not work" even mean in this context. Everyone is still trapped in this idea that our political system will somehow save us by unknown mechanisms. This is about power.

This is one of the most troubling things. There are mechanisms in place that work. Congressional oversight, OIG at DOJ (to police themselves), impeachment, etc. Instead of relying on them we're making up new ones as we go. Pelosi's poking the orange bear every day. TrumpBarr starting a new investigation into the investigators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

And while they're waiting around for Trump to self destruct for real this time Bill Barr will be having them arrested and thrown in prison on some trumped up bullshit. They don't understand what they're fighting.

Nah, Bill has been checked a few times and he has backed down.  Justice dept is not going along with his BS.  

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Who does he want Barr to investigate?  Trump was directly asked yesterday who he is referring to when he talks about people committing treason and being locked up, and his response was James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

Besides having worked at the FBI on the original investigation, what do James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page have in common?  Their chapters in Donald J. Trump's Book of Life are complete.  They have nothing else to add, they cannot add anything, they are no longer a threat to Donald J. Trump in any form or fashion whatsoever.  He is lashing out at people who cannot fight back.

Barr's investigation has no impact on elections happening in 18 months, elections that could see Donald J. Trump losing and then NYAG/SDNY/etc. running a train on him.  Or should he somehow win, said elections could still see the Dems flipping the Senate and impeaching and convicting him.

Barr's investigation has no impact on Edgardo Ramos ruling against Trump this week in Deutsche Bank and Capital One sending Trump's records to the House.

Barr's investigation has no impact on Schiff and others investigating he and all of his business dealings (and his family's dealings) in Congress.

Barr's investigation has no impact on the New York Attorney General (and other state AG's) investigating his business dealings.

Barr's investigation has no impact on the SDNY running a train right through Trump Org.

Barr's investigation has no impact on Nancy Pelosi constantly baiting Trump into saying and doing stupid shit.

Barr's investigation has no impact on what Mueller can and will say to the House.

Oh, make no mistake, Trump is certainly cornered!  That's why he lashes out on twitter.  That's why he posts stupid fucking twitter memes.  That's why he's trying to keep the wool pulled over his base's eyes and run out the clock prior to November of 2020.

Is this investigation right?  It feels shady as shit.  Is it legal?  Not a lawyer, but it feels like it's within Barr's power.  But it's a far cry from Trump having Pelosi, Schiff, Ramos, various state AG's, etc. locked up and it's a damn far cry from preventing elections in 18 months.  This investigation involves people whose parts in The Chronicles of Donald J. Trump are over, people who cannot fight back other than to mock him on twitter, who can no longer investigate him.

This investigation is the equivalent of me going on Timmy Kowalski's Facebook page and saying "Fuck you for making fun of me in 7th-grade gym class and making me feel insecure for only having a 5 and a half-inch dick when I was 12 - I grew over an inch more in high school, so fuck you, you diabetes-having motherfucker whose parents were probably related before they married, and whose kids look like the southbound end of a northbound mule!!"  There's no point in me saying any of that - I haven't seen or thought about that fucking ginger in decades, and there is nothing he can do to affect my life now.

Trump is sending Barr after former FBI employees who can't fight back, who can no longer investigate him.  It's a beta-male move, the kind of thing a man like Trump thinks is a projection of power, when in fact it reveals the limitations of power.  Pelosi is still out there trolling him.  Schiff is drooling over Deutsche Bank and Capital One dropping off boxes of documents.  Ramos is still ready to tell Trump's lawyers to get fucked.  The SDNY and various state AG's are still debating what lube to use on Trump Org, or whether to use any at all.

History is replete with tyrants who initially rose to power through democratic means before destroying democracy to retain their power. Hell, it's happening in various places all around the world right now. Those tyrants are always narcissistic pussies with extreme insecurities.  Those tyrants never have the immediate ability upon rising to power to bend the system to their will. They have to poison and corrupt it.  And they're always loudly opposed by the majority of the public.  But they're frequently successful, despite their glaring flaws and despite public opposition, because their elected political opposition fails to realize what they are and actually act to stop them. Again, we're talking about power. The fundamental reason tyrants take power is that others let them. All throughout the developed world countries have developed systems to attempt to divide up power, and every one of those systems is capable of failing if the various parties to whom power is distributed refuse to wield it.  We've spent two and a half years watching Trump claim more and more power for himself, and the Dem leadership is asking his fucking kids to stage an intervention.  They refuse to wield the power they've been given. 

He's not going to suspend elections in 2020, so we the people do still have an opportunity to stop him. But the GOP is going to cheat in every way they think they can even conceivably get away with. Voter suppression measures will be rampant. Russia has unfettered access to the voter rolls in swing states and the federal government is doing nothing to protect against that. Nothing is guaranteed.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 6

If any of you think our institutions are going to successfully prevent him from trying to jail someone like Pelosi, that is not a gamble we should be taking. It's so evidently clear that our institutions aren't doing the job we all thought they were supposed to unless something falls to a federal Judge that was appointed under Obama or prior administrations.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Your mental health is worse than trump’s.

He may well be but his posts are also more sane than ChickenSandwich's completely off-the-reservation takes.. Besides, his heart is in the right place at least, and he's never accused of being an overt liar.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

If any of you think our institutions are going to successfully prevent him from trying to jail someone like Pelosi, that is not a gamble we should be taking. It's so evidently clear that our institutions aren't doing the job we all thought they were supposed to unless something falls to a federal Judge that was appointed under Obama or prior administrations.

And the dirty secret about the courts is they only have power to the extent people think they have power. They can't enforce their decisions, they need Donald Trump's administration to do that. Does anyone think anyone in his administration is going to obey a court order when they know Trump's DOJ isn't going to arrest them for disregarding it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t think you understand how bad this can get.

I can picture most on here and they seem pretty normal.  Not saying thats accurate.  That being said...You’re painting a very unflattering portrait of yourself.  

I picture your grooming habits are those of an unkept child molester.  Take a breather.  Go outside.  You’re losing it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

He may well be but his posts are also more sane than ChickenSandwich's completely off-the-reservation takes.. Besides, his heart is in the right place at least, and he's never accused of being an overt liar.

Of course I agree with this take.  I like Hugo.  But nobody can spend this much time doing this shit and not start to have it affect their mental health.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Of course I agree with this take.  I like Hugo.  But nobody can spend this much time doing this shit and not start to have it affect their mental health.  

Lately, I've substantially limited my time in the CR just for this very reason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

What if Pelosi is jailed for committing a crime?

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Obviously I’m the crazy one.  Y’all have fun trying to pay attention to this shit.  I’m taking a vacation in a week so you won’t have to deal with me.  I will pray for our president. Peace. 

are you saying we won't have ole hugo to kick around anymore?

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

History is replete with tyrants who initially rose to power through democratic means before destroying democracy to retain their power. Hell, it's happening in various places all around the world right now. Those tyrants are always narcissistic pussies with extreme insecurities.  Those tyrants never have the immediate ability upon rising to power to bend the system to their will. They have to poison and corrupt it.  And they're always loudly opposed by the majority of the public.  But they're frequently successful, despite their glaring flaws and despite public opposition, because their elected political opposition fails to realize what they are and actually act to stop them. Again, we're talking about power. The fundamental reason tyrants take power is that others let them. All throughout the developed world countries have developed systems to attempt to divide up power, and every one of those systems is capable of failing if the various parties to whom power is distributed refuse to wield it. 

Quoted for truth. 

I think Pelosi repeating the intervention thing is probably the best thing we can do for this country.  It is the perfect amount of condescension coming from the person most poised to get under his skin.  He'll be steaming over that for a month.  I hope we're workshopping the sequel already.  Maybe Obama should tweet "I'm heartened that VP Pence is prepping to run things until next election ahead of Trump's cognitive decline.  Our mutual love of the country should rise above partisanship."

Can't wait for the Rs to hold hearings on Bidengate before the Ds hold TrumpRussia hearings.

This is exactly the play they are running from the Tiny GOP play book. “I no collusion you collusion. “ “Biden/ Beto Buttigege spied! Treason”

They run it over and over because it’s all they have and it works.

And all y’all keep saying “35% of the country supports him.” It’s in the high 40s when it comes time to pull the lever. Add in enough shenanigans and he might win again. That largely depends on the economy and luck.

Just now, Born to Run said:

And all y’all keep saying “35% of the country supports him.” It’s in the high 40s when it comes time to pull the lever. Add in enough shenanigans and he might win again. That largely depends on the economy and luck.

It's possible, but 2018 showed a lot of Trump states have a lot of guys willing to vote D.  He basically starts with about 180 electoral votes but those next 80 are going to be tough to come by.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

This is exactly the play they are running from the Tiny GOP play book. “I no collusion you collusion. “ “Biden/ Beto Buttigege spied! Treason”
They run it over and over because it’s all they have and it works. 

Yep. It has worked, and it is working. He can just say Strzok and his lover Page a few thousand times, and it will get him more support. Then conjure up some fantasy about Biden/Obama/Comey/Mueller/etc being in on the Deep State coup attempt, and people will believe that too.

Edited by retread

Yep. It has worked, and it is working. He can just say Strzok and his lover Page a few thousand times, and it will get him more support. Then conjure up some fantasy about Biden/Obama/Comey/Mueller/etc being in on the Deep State coup attempt, and people will believe that too.

Yep. They are investigating an extremely cautious, by the book investigation that sent people to jail and paid for itself. What was out in the open and public knowledge at the time was sufficiently concerning for any reasonable person to conclude said investigation was warranted.

It’s the unreasonable/ uninformed 1/2 of the country that defy all logic and norms. Stupid has no bottom.

58 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

What if Pelosi is jailed for committing a "crime"?

FIFY.  We've already seen that a good portion of America is too fucking lazy to try to weed out the Fox News / GOP disinformation campaign from the avalanche of stories about actual corruption and other misconduct by the Trump administration.  I can totally see a good portion of America beyond the Trump base sit on the sidelines as Barr tries to go after Pelosi / Schumer / other enemies for "crimes."  

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Obviously I’m the crazy one.  Y’all have fun trying to pay attention to this shit.  I’m taking a vacation in a week so you won’t have to deal with me.  I will pray for our president. Peace. 

Hugo, you don't need a vacation, you need a life.
I just counted. Yesterday, beginning at 2:17 a.m., you posted 67 times on this board.  67 That's not including your tweets and your posts God knows wherever else you are posting.  It can't possibly be healthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jexodus is not going so well (SIAP).  The extreme right and extreme left will never understand why their shared stereotypes of Jews don't line up with reality.

Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of Jewish voters believe Jewish Americans are less secure than they were two years ago, 71 percent disapprove of the way President Trump has handled anti-Semitism, and nearly 60 percent believe that he bears at least some responsibility for the shootings at synagogues in Pittsburgh and Poway. Two-thirds of the Jewish electorate remains firmly aligned with the Democratic Party, and there has been no change in the percentage of Jewish voters identifying as Republicans since JEI’s October 2018 poll; it remains at 25 percent. 

Finally, the results demonstrate Jewish voters’ view of President Trump and how they plan to vote in the 2020 election: 71 percent disapprove of President Trumps’ overall job performance, 70 percent view him unfavorably, 67 percent would vote for a generic Democrat over President Trump, and 65 percent would vote for Democratic candidate Joe Biden over President Trump.  

and

Israel is the lowest policy priority for Jewish voters.

https://www.jewishelectorateinstitute.org/poll-domestic-issues-dominate-the-priorities-of-the-jewish-electorate/

The extreme right and extreme left will never understand why their shared stereotypes of Jews don't line up with reality. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

Nearly three-quarters (73 percent) of Jewish voters believe Jewish Americans are less secure than they were two years ago, 71 percent disapprove of the way President Trump has handled anti-Semitism, and nearly 60 percent believe that he bears at least some responsibility for the shootings at synagogues in Pittsburgh and Poway. Two-thirds of the Jewish electorate remains firmly aligned with the Democratic Party, and there has been no change in the percentage of Jewish voters identifying as Republicans since JEI’s October 2018 poll; it remains at 25 percent. 

Finally, the results demonstrate Jewish voters’ view of President Trump and how they plan to vote in the 2020 election: 71 percent disapprove of President Trumps’ overall job performance, 70 percent view him unfavorably, 67 percent would vote for a generic Democrat over President Trump, and 65 percent would vote for Democratic candidate Joe Biden over President Trump.

well, jews are generally pretty smart, so this makes sense.  also lulz that biden is polling lower than "a generic democrat".

the right acts so confused when people try to explain to them that "jewish people" and "the state of israel" aren't exactly the same thing.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well, jews are generally pretty smart, so this makes sense.  also lulz that biden is polling lower than "a generic democrat".

the right acts so confused when people try to explain to them that "jewish people" and "the state of israel" aren't exactly the same thing.

If you will it Dude, it is no dream.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also lulz that biden is polling lower than "a generic democrat".

I think that is a real concern here.  Trump would lose if there was no one on the other side to attack.  The question "do you want Trump as a president?" has more no's than "Do you want Trump instead of this other guy president?"   Once a real person is there, they'll get painted with [whatever theme they come up with] and Trump gets some gains.

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think that is a real concern here.  Trump would lose if there was no one on the other side to attack.  The question "do you want Trump as a president?" has more no's than "Do you want Trump instead of this other guy president?"   Once a real person is there, they'll get painted with [whatever theme they come up with] and Trump gets some gains.

i think it's an annoyance, not sure it's a legit concern yet.

trump's numbers are stuck at 42.  it's uncanny.

in 2016, he was a bit of a wildcard, at least as a politician/public servant.  nobody knew exactly what they were getting.  people aren't confused anymore.

21 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Hugo, you don't need a vacation, you need a life.
I just counted. Yesterday, beginning at 2:17 a.m., you posted 67 times on this board.  67 That's not including your tweets and your posts God knows wherever else you are posting.  It can't possibly be healthy.

Oh, I’m a posting junky, no doubt about it but have you seen what has gone down in the last 24 hours? 

The President called for the death penalty of his vocal critics in law enforcement 

The Speaker of the House called for a staff/family intervention of the President 

The Attorney General has been granted access to completely undermine the intelligence community and further erode the public’s trust. 

The Justice Department charged Assange under the espionage act which threatens the freedom of the press. 

Trump bailed out more farmers with Soviet style subsidies for a trade war he started. 

And that’s before getting to the distractions of Iran, NK, abortion, war criminals, and posting doctored videos on twitter. 

Also the Austrian government collapsed and the British Prime Minister resigned. 

Your right though, we should concern ourselves we these things.

I’ll see myself out.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 7

i think it's an annoyance, not sure it's a legit concern yet.
trump's numbers are stuck at 42.  it's uncanny.
in 2016, he was a bit of a wildcard, at least as a politician/public servant.  nobody knew exactly what they were getting.  people aren't confused anymore.

Yep they’re getting a “businessman, who lowers taxes, fights hard for little guy, tough on China, wants secure borders and will stop socialism.”

Do you want that or the open borders, murdering babies, corrupt deep state, socialist Muslim loving crooks on the left?

That’s the narrative for a big chunk of the electorate.