Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which took balls of steel.  I have been meaning to ask @Hornius Emeritus about this, but over next to the 34th bridge crossing Shoal Creek, there is crude concrete bridge, which was apparently built circa 1850 - no surprise, but in the past 170 years it's lost wooden planks (you can still see where they were attached).  Anyways, back in 1850, that bridge was the extreme western edge of Austin, and it was there for troops/Rangers/etc. to cross the creek (which was a lot different back then - Seiders Springs, etc. were putting a lot more water into Shoal Creek).  When you crossed to the western side, there basically should have been a sign that said "Here be Comanches (and others)", as Comanches raided along Shoal Creek (everybody went there for fresh water).

I don’t know about the bridge, but Josiah Wilbarger and 4 other men were attacked on Walnut Creek in 1833.  2 men died, 2 escaped and assumed Wilbarger was dead because he had been shot in both legs by arrows, and in the neck by a rifle.  He was then scalped and left for dead.  He was found a day or so later and lived for another 11 years, finally succumbing to the wound on his head after hitting it on a barn door and getting an infection.  Talk about balls of steel.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don’t know about the bridge, but Josiah Wilbarger and 4 other men were attacked on Walnut Creek in 1833.  2 men died, 2 escaped and assumed Wilbarger was dead because he had been shot in both legs by arrows, and in the neck by a rifle.  He was then scalped and left for dead.  He was found a day or so later and lived for another 11 years, finally succumbing to the wound on his head after hitting it on a barn door and getting an infection.  Talk about balls of steel.  

I'm sorry, I'm going to hell, but that made me laugh.  The guy apparently survived getting shot twice by arrows, once by a rifle, and was subsequently scalped, but 11 years later he conks his head on a barn door, gets an infection, and dies.

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, I'm going to hell, but that made me laugh.  The guy apparently survived getting shot twice by arrows, once by a rifle, and was subsequently scalped, but 11 years later he conks his head on a barn door, gets an infection, and dies.

Pretty wild.

https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Josiah_P._Wilbarger

I can't recommend Empire of the Summer Moon strongly enough as a picture of the Comanches and Texans. The Rangers were amazingly courageous pursuing larger bands of Comanches after raids. The Comanches were at least a match for them until the Colt revolver evened the field.
It's a remarkable book.

Agreed!

1 hour ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Y'all joining in and dog piling on Hugo plays right into the hands of our disingenuous Trumpublicans and helps them discredit him.

He definitely posts a lot, but it's usually informative and it's always truthful. We need more posters that bring useful and accurate information to fight the constant right wing gaslighting. 

This^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, I actually don't wonder why it hasn't been overrun, because  I know why it hasn't been and will never be overrun by that crowd.  It's because over the past 15 years or so, in one form or another, under one domain name or another, we have been dealing with trolls who are worse than any Qanon or Trumpkin idiots.

These trolls have a name.  We call them aggy.  And while aggy has fully embraced Qanon and Trump, they are far worse than any typical non-saggy Qanon or Trumpkin, because they suffer from the biggest case of Little Brother Syndrome that has ever been witnessed in the past 3,000 years of recorded history.  They have fucking songs about us, that they sing while squeezing their nuts and dreaming of jizzing in a jar, so they can put it on top of a rickety pile of wood.

When you've been exposed to aggy like we have, your non-aggy Qanons and Trumpkins come across as temporary specks on the windshield of life.  Trumpkins will fade into the woodwork when he's gone, and Qanon is already cracking under the realization that many of the "leaders" of the leaderless Qanon are just using Qanon to make some easy money.

But aggy is proving to be eternal.  Those fuckers live on pork rinds, Dixie Chicken, and the notion that by riding Alabama's cock, they are somehow better than us, but they will never overrun us, no matter how many dozens of times, or even hundreds of times,  they spam the shit out of whatever forum we follow.

Post of the year.  Outfuckingstanding.

This is no great revelation, but it did make me chuckle at the time:  I was walking in a parking lot the other day, and noticed an "SEC" bumper sticker on the back of a car.  I immediately thought "must be an Aggie", looked on the other side of the bumper, and there it was -- an aTm sticker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is no great revelation, but it did make me chuckle at the time:  I was walking in a parking lot the other day, and noticed an "SEC" bumper sticker on the back of a car.  I immediately thought "must be an Aggie", looked on the other side of the bumper, and there it was -- an aTm sticker.

That would be pretty amazing if it happened in Alabama. 

Serious question for the remaining Trump supporters. When you hear him on national tv call himself “an extremely stable genius”, how can you think anything other than that this is a mentally ill person. Seriously. Explain it to me.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

‘The Liberal Fear of Russia as Allies’ by Rocko.

I bet that was a thread to behold.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/174822-The-Liberal-fear-of-Russia-as-allies

It’s a laugher.

best post in thread:

By the Walrus 

I worked at NATO for three years. I was an intelligence analyst and briefer (and not good at it, I'm a pilot, so I'm unclear why I was assigned to that role), and provided daily "situation" updates to the IMS generals and admirals, and, when necessary, directly to ambassadors.

Putin's power-base is closely linked to aggressive anti-American and Anti-NATO rhetoric. State-controlled media, opposing message suppression, youth camps...all of it. He's tapping into the general Russian feeling of regret surrounding the loss of co-hegemony. Surveys have suggested that Russians, as a general population, prefer power to happiness (or at least are unable to separate the two ideas). I'm not sure why anybody would think it was in our national interest to indulge that.

Does NATO pose a credible threat to Putin? Without a doubt. Pulling together the ol' gang would be near the top of his list of objectives. We saw Putin poking NATO in the eye in both Georgia and Ukraine. While these aren't members, they were on accession schedules. Very bold, very risky, and he got away with it. What if the U.S. didn't mind, so much, intervention in full-fledged members? Trump spoke directly to the Baltics, which would be a Putin jackpot. Why would we betray our partners? Why would we undermine European stability? What would that say about our credibility as a global power? About our values as a nation?

Make no mistake--Putin is a bad guy. Does the U.S. support and embolden other bad regimes? Of course...you have to look no farther than Saudi Arabia. But can you give me an example of a despot who is also heavily anti-American that we support? Seriously, kissing Putin's ass isn't that much different than saying, "why not be friends with North Korea." It's just realpolitik, right?

Is NATO expensive? Sure. Is it money well spent? I think so. When I looked across the NATO cafeteria and saw Hungarians drinking coffee with Germans and Brits, and thought about the last century, it was pretty easy to get over both the expense and inefficiency. And what's this nonsense about our NATO partners hating us. That is certainly not my observation.  

Should we be alarmed by Trump's stated admiration for an oppressive authoritarian leader? Should we be concerned about aligning with Russia over our NATO partners? I think so, on both counts, but then I'm a freedom-first kind of American. I embrace freedom before efficiency. I recognize that not everybody is wired the way I am.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

this is all totally normal.

Trump has long insisted that he is treated unfairly by the news media, and if he sees something on television that bothers him -- "which he invariably will," one official quipped -- he instructs his staff to fix it, no matter if they are at the White House or flying over the Atlantic Ocean. Often, instead of looking over his remarks for upcoming bilateral meetings or paging through a briefing book, the President will fixate on the negative headline that day, griping that none of his predecessors has been through such treatment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/donald-trump-air-force-one-travel-foreign-trips/index.html

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jack Daniel died from kicking his safe. 

he's a toddler.

And before some of his earlier trips as President, advance teams ensured that host governments worked to avoid presenting the President with food that might seem challenging, such as fish with the head still attached.

Independent of everything else, how is a guy with his background such a fucking bumpkin when it comes to food?

Sadly Trump is the only choice for most of America. With the left abandoning  the middle class for illegal immigrants, they are left with no choice. 

All the evidence you need is to look at the city/states the presidential candidates represent.  They are the worst offender at what is supposed to be their platform. 

They are the champions of income inequality, unaffordable housing and homeless population, while also being the worst offenders. When the left abandoned the middle class they left American no serious second option. Maybe Stacy Abrams will enter the race to save us, she keenly pointed out all the democrats have is identity politics, and to abandon them would be suicide.

Sheep. It’s not about Trump, it’s about the failure of the other side. Maybe one day they will find reality and the middle class will get their voice back. 

Every where the democrats rule, destruction of the middle class follows. 

2600 vs 480 voting counties. American spoke loud and clear. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 7

Sadly Trump is the only choice for most of America. With the left abandoning  the middle class for illegal immigrants, they are left with no choice. 
All the evidence you need is to look at the city/states the presidential candidates represent.  They are the worst offender at what is supposed to be their platform. 
They are the champions of income inequality, unaffordable housing and homeless population, while also being the worst offenders. When the left abandoned the middle class they left American no serious second option. Maybe Stacy Abrams will enter the race to save us, she keenly pointed out all the democrats have is identity politics, and to abandon them would be suicide.
Sheep. It’s not about Trump, it’s about the failure of the other side. Maybe one day they will find reality and the middle class will get their voice back. 
I'm convinced.6ced5a63b8f2d5aebcab013a18304e66.jpg
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Yes. Trump won a lot of counties where nobody lives. Nobody cares. 

31 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How legit stupid do you have to be to think DONLAD TRUMP or the fucking REPUBLICANS are for the middle class.  LOLOLOL

Donald Trump is for the middle class.  Holy shit. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That's not true at all. Most people would rather have someone else as president. That was true in 2016, too.

• Like 1

No, this is wrong. Why is Trump the best choice? Cause browns and blacks are making money?

39 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The President is truly a man of the people:

trumptable.jpg?resize=600,300

politics-trumpgoldenpalace-01.gif?w=652

donald-trump-has-been-massively-overstat

CzIcTLqUsAAFyB1.jpg

C141hNgXgAMp9K3.jpg

Benson_Trump_Wife_LoRes_l.jpg

trump-main-news.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

its-not-you-its-me.png?fit=589,379

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

CzIcTLqUsAAFyB1.jpg

C141hNgXgAMp9K3.jpg

trump-main-news.jpg

But Bernie Sanders has 3 houses!!!!!! He is out of touch. Trump is for the little man and working class!!

holy fuck. Chicken Sandwich and his ilk are stupid motherfuckers 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I hereby award you a solid B minus for trolling efforts and an additional 3 trumpy bears.

Next time be more like chrispy and focus more on dead immigrant children and you just might get yourself an A and 7 trumpy bears.

Overall a solid effort though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

CzIcTLqUsAAFyB1.jpg

C141hNgXgAMp9K3.jpg

trump-main-news.jpg

The so called “Champion of the middle class!”

Oh if only those evil dems could care for the middle class like trump.

What a maroon!

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

LOL, you nail some points on the left, then for some odd reason you refuse to blow holes in all the BS The Donald has done to fuck over the middle class.  Trickle down!!!

• Like 2