Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he says he wants to make america great again.  turns out, he's made it to where america isn't even america anymore.

-unchecked authoritarian/king-like leader

-changing the laws when he feels like it

-feels that laws don't apply to him, does what he wants

-instructs all his people to ignore any type of inquiry

-has soldiers (mcconnell) stonewalling everything possible

-lies about absolutely everything

-has made repeated remarks about extending his own reign past the point of law (when he hasn't even been reelected yet)

-fires his people on a whim if they don't fall in line and agree with everything he says

-attempted to fire people appointed to investigate him (still is trying to)

-changes border laws; locks kids in cages

-sides with other dictators against his own govt entities/intelligence community

-publicly threatens people/countries daily

-publicly threatens/belittles leaders from other parties

-publicly threatens the free press

-repeatedly calls the press the enemy of the people

(i'm sure there are more, feel free to add to the list)

does this sound like america to you?

It sounds like the modern Republican Party.

For all the reasons that hg listed, impeachment should have started as soon as the Mueller report was released, or when Barr refused to testify.

There certainly is a game within the game of timing everything out. I just don't think Pelosi and co. have as much time as they think. With all of the out of session dates, the meat of 2019 is slipping away with each passing week.

As uninformed as the average voter is, their attention span is equally poor. Try starting impeachment in Jan or Feb. Many will have long forgotten the Mueller report.

I think the Ds are going to have to force this issue and stand strong against any criticism. There need to be 10 hour hearings every day that they're in session -- preferably in one setting (impeachment inquiry). All of the Ds going on TV and pushing the get-all-the-facts narrative is great, but there are so many disparate narratives out there, that it's just noise to the voters imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Correct. Their names are Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith. There was a murder but they were also falsely accused of raping a white woman. That was always a good excuse for a lynching. You could buy that photo on a postcard to send to your friends and family. 

Weird to think that friends of Armybrat’s grandkids could just walk into a Five-and-Dime, buy one of those, throw a penny stamp on it, mail it across the country, and nobody would bat an eye.  

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

he says he wants to make america great again.  turns out, he's made it to where america isn't even america anymore.

-unchecked authoritarian/king-like leader

-changing the laws when he feels like it

-feels that laws don't apply to him, does what he wants

-instructs all his people to ignore any type of inquiry

-has soldiers (mcconnell) stonewalling everything possible

-lies about absolutely everything

-has made repeated remarks about extending his own reign past the point of law (when he hasn't even been reelected yet)

-fires his people on a whim if they don't fall in line and agree with everything he says

-attempted to fire people appointed to investigate him (still is trying to)

-changes border laws; locks kids in cages

-sides with other dictators against his own govt entities/intelligence community

-publicly threatens people/countries daily

-publicly threatens/belittles leaders from other parties

-publicly threatens the free press

-repeatedly calls the press the enemy of the people

(i'm sure there are more, feel free to add to the list)

does this sound like america to you?

oh, and i don't have the current tally, but i'm pretty sure there are still a lot of senate-confirmable positions filled with "acting" appointees who haven't and won't ever be confirmed.  still rubs me the wrong way, but much like his tax returns, just get lost in the shuffle.

28 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oh, and i don't have the current tally, but i'm pretty sure there are still a lot of senate-confirmable positions filled with "acting" appointees who haven't and won't ever be confirmed.  still rubs me the wrong way, but much like his tax returns, just get lost in the shuffle.

At a time when we're flirting with a war with Iran, we have an acting Defense Secretary. And his future is in doubt because he called John McCain a hero. 

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

holding the hearings then having the senate blow off the vote is ridiculous, even to consider for them.

I would be happy with a down the middle approach:  the House should start the inquiry and relentlessly uncover and lay out the facts, which would prompt the Senate majority to become even more brazen in their acknowledgement that they will never convict on impeachment trial.  Pelosi can then say with no shame whatsoever that "we have all we need to impeach but the Senate will not convict, so we see it as a waste of time" . . . right around late summer 2020.  Gut the Senators up for reelection and get out the national vote as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Swampy AF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/trump-vows-mass-immigration-arrests-removals-of-millions-of-illegal-aliens-starting-next-week/2019/06/17/4e366f5e-916d-11e9-aadb-74e6b2b46f6a_story.html

Chances he'll be using boxcar trains to transport the detainees to camps? 

Trump and Republicans will say they're just enforcing the law. But the law is broken becuse of the faaIlure of our government, much of the failure rests with Trump. Instead of working with Democrats to solve the broken laws and policies, Trump is undertaking cruel and inhumane policies that will be remembered by history alongside the trail of years and Japanese internment. It did not have to be this way. Schumer offered him his wall in exchange for permanent status for DACA recipients. Trump walked away. This is 100% on him.

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Bravo! You truly and faithfully channeled our President Ignatius J. Reilly.

How dare you. Ignatius was legitimately concerned for the working poor, as evidenced by the series of letters to his ex-lover detailing his attempts at unionizing workers at the Levy Pants plant in New Orleans. 

• Like 3

Of course Florida is the hotbed for Q.  Them and College Station I would imagine.  That's something I don't get about a lot of trumpkins on this site.  How can they look at something that aggy fully endorses and think, "huh, aggy is actually right about this one"?  That's your dead giveaway right there!  If aggy supports it, not only is it wrong, it's fucking stupid too.

• Like 5

Is Q just a fraternal organization at this point?  Someone posted a big time throw back quote from Adam Sandler’s first comedy album about joining a cult a few days ago.  That’s what it seems like to me.  They get together to hang out and say “oh yeah, long live the beast or whatever” because pretending to believe is the ticket for chillin with your bros.  It’s sort of implied in WWG1WGA. 

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Is Q just a fraternal organization at this point?  Someone posted a big time throw back quote from Adam Sandler’s first comedy album about joining a cult a few days ago.  That’s what it seems like to me.  They get together to hang out and say “oh yeah, long live the beast or whatever” because pretending to believe is the ticket for chillin with your bros.  It’s sort of implied in WWG1WGA. 

Yeah, fuck the sun, I fuckin' hate it too, long live the fuckin beast.

I probably use that line once a month, especially now that it's approaching 100.

Qanon is one of the more disturbing political movements I’ve seen.  It’s has the grift level of Scientology and the ideology of a borderline terrorist organization.  

The Qanon utopia is a single party Trump controlled fascist government where dissenters/political enemies are arrested and executed via military tribunals.   Lots of ancient anti-Semitic tropes run through the Qanon conspiracy theory too.  (Like the pedovore cabal of globalists that run an underground sex trafficking ring.)

Not exactly your local Rotary club or fraternal organization.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Qanon is one of the more disturbing political movements I’ve seen.  It’s has the grift level of Scientology and the ideology of a borderline terrorist organization.  

The Qanon utopia is a single party Trump controlled fascist government where dissenters/political enemies are arrested and executed via military tribunals.   Lots of ancient anti-Semitic tropes run through the Qanon conspiracy theory too.  (Like the pedovore cabal of globalists that run an underground sex trafficking ring.)

But simpering quislings like @TahoeHorn will still fetch the donuts for them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Trump needs a strong showing in FL in 2020 

He can have it.  I think of many more plausible and easier paths for the Democrats than converting trashy jort wearing bath salt weirdos in Florida. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

yeah, but I bet there is a very wide gulf between number of people that do Q talk because they believe in it and number of people that do Q talk because it fills some loneliness void or something.

Look at these guys.

D9WNGPeU8AAelb2?format=jpg&name=large

That's an IKEA stock boy, a high school football coach and a Harley Davidson salesman.  They do their job, go home and log on and play some 2019 version of Clue online and then meet up with their next tailgate to discuss all the happenings.  I don't think it is real to any of them.

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is nuts.

Yep. Fucking crazy time we are in. Worst is yet to come though. Trump is too incompetent to start the rival-killing phase of our fall into a banana republic dictatorship, but he did lay out a clear workable roadmap for a competent fascist with big dreams. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

I’m sure it’s news to Trump.

Yeah, just like he was unaware of his administration ramping up sales of lethal arms to Ukraine. lol. 

For all of the loose (frequently hysterical) talk in Congress, the foreign policy community, and the news media about President Donald Trump’s alleged eagerness to appease Vladimir Putin, U.S. policy remains as confrontational as ever toward Russia.

Among other actions, the Trump administration has involved U.S. forces in NATO military exercises (war games) in Poland and other East European countries on Russia’s border, as well as in naval maneuvers in the Black Sea near Russia’s sensitive naval base at Sevastopol. Washington has even sent U.S. troops as participants in joint military exercises with Ukrainian forces—an act that Moscow considers especially provocative, given its tense relations with Kiev.

On no issue is the administration’s risky course more evident than its military policy toward Ukraine. Recent measures are certain to provoke Moscow further, and entangle the United States to an unwise extent with an extremely murky, ideologically troubling Ukrainian regime.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/washington-quietly-increases-lethal-weapons-ukraine

Any action by the administration that could be conceivably argued as not being against Russia's interests = Trump puppet

Any action by the administration that clearly harms Russia's interests = lol mush brained cheeto dick doesn't know about that

25 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Yeah, just like he was unaware of his administration ramping up sales of lethal arms to Ukraine. lol. 

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/washington-quietly-increases-lethal-weapons-ukraine

Any action by the administration that could be conceivably argued as not being against Russia's interests = Trump puppet

Any action by the administration that clearly harms Russia's interests = lol mush brained cheeto dick doesn't know about that

US forces engaged in war game drills with NATO forces?  How many years has THAT exercise been going on ? 

Yet from yesterday's news:

That NYT story is remarkable, clearly a deliberate leak from within the Nat Security apparatus indicating that Pentagon doesn't trust trump to act appropriately on our nation's behalf over the interests of Putin.  To be clear, the cybercom measures taken did not require Trump's authorization or approval.  It's reassuring to know that someone is looking out for our best interests when we have a compromised stooge in the Oval.

26 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That's about what I'd expect.  Every one of those intellectual titans' votes counts as much as yours.

Since they're in Florida and we have the electoral college, their vote actually counts A LOT more than mine. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

US forces engaged in war game drills with NATO forces?  How many years has THAT exercise been going on ? 

Yet from yesterday's news:

That NYT story is remarkable, clearly a deliberate leak from within the Nat Security apparatus indicating that Pentagon doesn't trust trump to act appropriately on our nation's behalf over the interests of Putin.  To be clear, the cybercom measures taken did not require Trump's authorization or approval.  It's reassuring to know that someone is looking out for our best interests when we have a compromised stooge in the Oval.

Why is puppet Trump selling arms (including anti-tank missiles) to Ukraine and providing US advisers to train Ukrainian troops?  Obama decided not to sell Javelins to the neo-nazis in Kiev as he believed it would be too upsetting for the Russians.  

Edited by Fozzz

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

He can have it.  I think of many more plausible and easier paths for the Democrats than converting trashy jort wearing bath salt weirdos in Florida. 

I’m curious how the Puerto Rican influx changes things. He’ll win northern FL for sure. I can confidently say that southern FL will see next level voter suppression tactics. 

Also the Russians will be in full blown hack mode