Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

All Republicans have blood on their hands here, starting the day they forced DHS to withdraw that report warning of white supremacist terrorism, through the present:

The reply to this tweet is of course career officials are concerned and worried. Your career could be stalled or ended if the political appointee/overseer of your area determines that you're not playing ball (Johnny Dangerously reference.)  I'm sure this occurs at some level with every President but Trump and his Twitter machine make it even more so. Trump has started to make decisions public about removing medals for military members that don't support his ideals.

I was actually surprised that the US Attorney over the weekend referred to the El Paso as a domestic terrorist. Perhaps he had already run that by the AG, but even then they're both on dangerous grounds calling white people, terrorists.  I guarantee there are many bigoted Americans that are not happy that we would put a terrorist label on a God-fearing white Christian. 

All the trumpkins will say the Toledo thing was just a slip, but it's not. He didn't correct himself.

He doesn't care. Anyone who actually gave a damn would have been studying the situations so much that El Paso and Dayton would be burned in your brain.

Hell, my daughter was watching that and said, Toledo??

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If only there was a political party trying to expand health care access to everyone, including mental health care.

I can't quite put my finger on which party that is. 

Is there any evidence that either of the latest two shooters would have used this imaginary mental health care or that they would have been forced into the system for some reason?  What strikes me about these guys, Stephen Paddock etc... is that for the most part they appear to be normal. No run-ins with the law to speak of etc...  I know that Connor Betts supposedly kept a notebook of names of people he supposedly wanted to kill, but that's not illegal. My point is that we usually don't know until after the fact that anything was amiss.  There may be a few clues in retrospect (they were loners or whatever)  but it seems like most of these cats don't leave much in the way of breadcrumbs before they snap.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The most Ron Burgundy president we've ever had. But let's all remember, Obama was a terrible president who had to rely on a teleprompter. Man, those were the days. 

All the people who used to constantly complain about that must have lost their internet access or something. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The most Ron Burgundy president we've ever had. But let's all remember, Obama was a terrible president who had to rely on a teleprompter. Man, those were the days. 

Don't forget his wife is so goddamn dumb that she read word for word someone else's speech, then got rick rolled.  Then try to lie and say she wrote all of that.  

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, Burgundy at least read exactly what was on the prompter.  Trump can't do that. 

Toledo on the teleprompter? 

Did the entire staff fuck this up or did Donny Word Struggle botch it? Doesn't matter. Just glad he didn't choke on his front teeth while gasping for oxygen through his nose. It was an odd display to witness but there was no audible flatulence or loose turd pellets hitting the floor, so very presidential. Well done all around. High five! Let's focus on healing Bowling Green. 

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Toledo on the teleprompter? 

Did the entire staff fuck this up or did Donny Word Struggle botch it? Doesn't matter. Just glad he didn't choke on his front teeth while gasping for oxygen through his nose. It was an odd display to witness but there was no audible flatulence or loose turd pellets hitting the floor, so very presidential. Well done all around. High five! Let's focus on healing Bowling Green. 

Either way, he didn't notice.  If the teleprompter said Hawaii, he'd probably have noticed.   But he didn't notice, either because he doesn't know where the shooting happened or because he doesn't distinguish between Toledo and Dayton. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Why are any of you even listening to this terrorist spout his propaganda?  At this point, he's just an enemy occupier, and he needs to be expelled.  That's the only fact about him that matters.

My wife muted the TV when he came on (as I was heading out the door this morning).  Props to her for not allowing him to be heard (and no pics).

Blaming all this on mental illness and "Evil" is such a fucking cop out.

These are flaming assholes with easy access to powerful weapons, who are being told that their views are more than ok.  

In fact, they're being told that people that don't think exactly as they do are the evil ones.

The way they look at it, they're just soldiers in a war performing their duty.  

• Like 3

In fairness to the half-melted soft serve sloshing around in Trump's skull, Dayton and Toledo are spelled similarly and look the same on paper and in huge teleprompter font. You say Donkey Sperm and I say Tomato. Potato Gondola.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

no one is going to vote for him that already isn't going to vote for him.  will you vote for him if he enacts some weapons ban?  and no one that supports him currently will keep supporting him if he takes away the one thing they love.

Here’s the thing... Nothing Trump’s says will dissuade his voters from voting for him.  NOTHING.  This is a full blown cult backed by the most powerful propaganda machine known to man.  

None of his voters are going to vote for a democrat even if he did away with the second amendment.  His supporters would celebrate him for being a master troll and making the democrats look stupid for having to praise his leadership.  They will give up their guns to for this man simply because he asks for them and they will applaud him for doing so because that’s what Fox News says they should do.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Here’s the thing... Nothing Trump’s says will dissuade his voters from voting for him.  NOTHING.  This is a full blown cult backed by the most powerful propaganda machine known to man.  

None of his voters are going to vote for a democrat even if he did away with the second amendment.  His supporters would celebrate him for being a master troll and making the democrats look stupid for having to praise his leadership.  They will give up their guns to for this man simply because he asked for them and they will applaud him for doing so because that’s what Fox News says they should do.

Eh, maybe the 25% or so that are the truly deplorables.

If the market tanks, he's going to lose a huge swath of the people who vote purely on their pocketbook, and there are a lot of those. A recession or even a light year-long correction all but guarantees a Dem win. The economy is the only reason his support isn't below 35%. Right now the sane people that are paying attention are victims of Obama's success economically.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

If the market tanks, he's going to lose a huge swath of the people who vote purely on their pocketbook, and there are a lot of these. A recession or even a light year-long correction all but guarantees a Dem win. 

I also believe this speculation is suspect.  Those folks that still support him for financial reasons have already given him everything else.  Their integrity, their credibility, and their morality have all been sacrificed at the alter of Trump.  Nothing leads me to believe they are going to punish him in an election because he hurts their stock portfolio.  They will double down on Trumpism because only he alone can fix it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I also believe this speculation is suspect.  Those folks that still support him for financial reasons have already given him everything else.  Their integrity, their credibility, and their morality have all been sacrificed at the alter of Trump.  Nothing leads me to believe they are going to punish him in an election because he hurts their stock portfolio.  They will double down on Trumpism because only he alone can fix it.

You should spend more time in the real world. There are plenty of people that don't pay 1/10th of the attention that we do to politics. They're just happy that their 401ks are cruising and their paycheck is a little bigger.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You should spend more time in the real world. There are plenty of people that don't pay 1/10th of the attention that we do to politics. They're just happy that their 401ks are cruising and their paycheck is a little bigger.

In the last election, they didn’t vote their pocketbooks.  They voted with their hearts.  Nothing leads me to believe that is going to change.  

• Like 1

trump will just blame dems for whatever downturn.  See what the Democrat House of Reps made happen?  Or the Dem controlled Federal Reserve.  Or whatever.  Facts don't matter.  He'll blame the dems, and the 40% of the country that drank the kool aid will believe him.

• Like 1

Just now, lemonlime said:

trump will just blame dems for whatever downturn.  See what the Democrat House of Reps made happen?  Or the Dem controlled Federal Reserve.  Or whatever.  Facts don't matter.  He'll blame the dems, and the 40% of the country that drank the kool aid will believe him.

This.  And every one of you knows it's true.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

If he only gets 40% of the vote, he will lose badly.

Just now, BradInATX said:

If he only gets 40% of the vote, he will lose badly.

Again, everyone ignores turnout.

If he gets 90% of the 40%, because cultists have fucking enthusiasm, and the remaining 60% turn out at our usual pathetic 55% or so, we lose.

We will lose.  We've already lost.  We have fucking homegrown terrorism murdering people here in our country furthering an ideology courted and championed by the governing political party.  That's game-over, people.  Fuck this fucking country.  We're a shithole, we did it to ourselves, and we deserve every bit of the pain and blood that's happening and what's more, the huge amount that is yet to come.  We managed to look back on a century of progress, and reach the inexplicable conclusion of "fuck that shit, let's be even WORSE."  A country that does that does not deserve to survive as a going concern.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

"I inherited the worst economy of any president in history." 

Republicans/Trumpkins: It's very true.  The worst.  Thanks Obama, Hillary and Nancy Pelosi.  

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

*watches brain-soup president slur his way incorrectly through a prepared statement*

Mass Media Robot: "Today is the day Donald Trump truly became President of the United States."

i think these people are trying to influence trump as much as report.  they are saying "please keep doing normal president stuff like this instead of the garbage you normally do" by praising him when he does it.

he's irredeemable of course, but they are trying.