Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It will be hilarious when the Senate fails to ratify to the new, beautiful deal with Mexico and Canada. Does anyone think he even realizes the Senate has to ratify it?

Yes, he does.  He speaks like it is already done, because it really is.  It is basically NAFTA with a new name.  A few new wrinkles concerning milk and auto production, but basically an updated NAFTA.

4 minutes ago, Loco said:

Yeah, because those companies would never raise prices...(maybe check your cellphone bill)   Just like the Tariffs, US consumers will foot the bill.  I am continually shocked at just how stupid the sheep are.

You are right.  I meant to add in a price control mechanism as well, but forgot.   Good catch.

4 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Will be interesting to see what happens if an opening on the court happens 11 months prior to Nov '20. 

We know damn well what will happen.  McConnell will ram it through.  He'd do it if even if the opening happened after Trump lost, the GOP lost the Senate, but before the new president and new Senate was seated.  Don't kid yourself.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bojack said:

It's repudiation, not reputation.  Put a comma instead of a period after fantastic.  Also, his instincts are, not is.  I hate it when people get the words wrong especially people that look down on would be immigrants as not educated enough to live here. 

The guy you are responding to wears tailored NFL jerseys and pays to suck dick. Just so you have some context here.

When it comes to the investigations/oversight, the democrats are holding a royal flush and are afraid of overplaying their hand because that’s what Republican/media/centrists are telling them.  

This is why we are fucked.  The democrats never want to drive the narratives, just respond to the ones the Republicans/media are driving.

bunch of whipped dog bitches

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RPM said:

He couldn't take RBG down with a flamethrower. She knows what will happen if she dies before a sane person is POTUS.

Her staff is probably instructed to start Operation Weekend at Bernie’s in the event that she dies. Watch out if you see her water skiing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember Scott Pruitt and his mattress and his special lotion and his fabulous tactical pants?  Well if you thought he just gallantly pirouetted into the sunset with a smooth succession of totally badass roundhouse kicks while wearing his remarkably nonrestrictive, ass kickingly stretchy, Chuck Norris-face-kick-foot-head, hidden pockets, fuck yeah, badass pants for badass dudes who need totally badass pants, you were wrong.  Turns out he still has ants in his fancy pantsed tactical ass kick pants:

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2019/01/scott-pruitt-epa-legal-defense-fund-diane-hendricks-senate-democrats/

If you have some legal immunity pants Scott Pruitt will buy your entire inventory.  

• Haha 1

"Mormon Marco" is unfair.  Marco has been exceedingly concerned about each thing that has been concerning and I have confidence that he'll patiently wait for the next concerning thing that arises and he'll again not hesitate for one moment being concerned about whatever the next thing that is concerning.  Over and over Marco has shown Florida that if something concerning happens he'll by God be concerned as shit about it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The only issue I had with that podcast report was the sherriff's attempts to tell us what Donald Trump really wants.  He really went out of his way to try to moderate Trump's statements.  

But it was interesting because it went back to the old canard:  Trump haters hear Trump literally and Trumpists hear him figuratively. 

But did make me think that the Dems need to do a better balancing act which includes being willing to agree to "border enhancement" -- fences and walls where they make sense.  They have to be willing to defer to "experts" on border control, just like they have done in regard to military strategy.

• Like 1

They need to do a better job of messaging to eliminate the ability of those who hear Trump figuratively to drive the narrative.

As Barbaro said in his questioning, the Dems are not against funding border security and enhancement.

What they need to make clear is just that and better clarify that Trump is holding things up for what he literally says, not what supporters wish he would say instead.

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The only issue I had with that podcast report was the sherriff's attempts to tell us what Donald Trump really wants.  He really went out of his way to try to moderate Trump's statements.  

But it was interesting because it went back to the old canard:  Trump haters hear Trump literally and Trumpists hear him figuratively. 

But did make me think that the Dems need to do a better balancing act which includes being willing to agree to "border enhancement" -- fences and walls where they make sense.  They have to be willing to defer to "experts" on border control, just like they have done in regard to military strategy.

Dems have historically supported funding those things. Last year, Congress passed funding to do exactly that.

nothing like a nazi at all

Can someone define invasion for me? My family is in McAllen, I was in McAllen over Christmas. I didn’t see an invasion. Unless you count everyone trying to get to the damn mall or in line for Delia’s tamales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

nothing like a nazi at all

Why on earth is Trump (still) President? He’s a walking, talking made up disaster announcer who only wants to create all out fear. Our country sanity does not need that in the WH. 

Edited by Brandywine

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

Why on earth is Trump President? He’s a walking, talking made up disaster announcer who only wants to create all out fear. Our country sanity does not need that in the WH. 

Fear plays extremely well with old white people or poor whites that see the country changing at a rapid rate.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sachick said:

Can someone define invasion for me? My family is in McAllen, I was in McAllen over Christmas. I didn’t see an invasion. Unless you count everyone trying to get to the damn mall or in line for Delia’s tamales.

I was in Pharr for Christmas.  I can confirm that there we multiple people speaking spanish in HEB.  The fucking nerve...

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gotta hand it to Trump, he works really hard at his malfeasance.  Imagine if he used all that energy and influence for something beneficial to the world.  

38 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Why on earth is Trump (still) President? He’s a walking, talking made up disaster announcer who only wants to create all out fear. Our country sanity does not need that in the WH. 

Trump is putting a helluva lot of energy into The Wall and the shutdown  

Meanwhile, he’s almost completely clammed up about Mueller, at least directly.

I think the two are related.   He is deliberately manufacturing a crisis, while talking less and less about the investigation.  

While he retweeted himself on the 6th about the investigation, you have to go back to the 5th to find him directly saying anything “new” about it.  So 5-6 days depending on your view, since he ranted about Mueller.  

That seems like a long time for him not to rant about the investigation, especially just as serious shit about Manafort, etc. is coming to light.  

44 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Fear plays extremely well with old white people or poor whites that see the country changing at a rapid rate.

Especially to the ones who have never been out of their butt fuck town in Ohio.  They'll believe whatever Trump tells them about the border.