2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

EDIT: Oops, he thinks the Texas-Georgia game was going to be played in Atlanta.

How the hell would a Georgia fan not know that the game is NOT being played in Georgia?  Yeesh.

Narcissism abounds . . . all these armchair pundits and philosophers shooting selfie videos to expound on whatever they think they know about.  Always with a sort of pseudo-detached I-couldn't-be-bothered air about them, such disdain for the plebes and fools who don't know better, aw shucks let me set y'all straight.

This is the bullshit that the $9.95 crowd buys into. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How the hell would a Georgia fan not know that the game is NOT being played in Georgia?  Yeesh.

Narcissism abounds . . . all these armchair pundits and philosophers shooting selfie videos to expound on whatever they think they know about.  Always with a sort of pseudo-detached I-couldn't-be-bothered air about them, such disdain for the plebes and fools who don't know better, aw shucks let me set y'all straight.

This is the bullshit that the $9.95 crowd buys into. 

My guess is that he heard it was being played at Mercedes Benz stadium (without qualifying superdome).  Although, the Sugar Bowl should have been the first give away.

Edited by EuroHorn

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Wow that pie-faced fatass Georgia fan was exactly what I expected a Georgia fan to look like.  We need a thujone rendering of that dude, it would be glorious.

He's only a little junior fattie compared to some of their old blubbery walrus-looking assholes parked around the Warehouse District on Tuesday morning.  I feared for the chairs and barstools of many fine establishments.  They can choke on their peanut oil-fried peach pies.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He comes across as a typical southern boy that only watches sec games, believes what is said about the sec on blind faith, and is completely ignorant of football outside the sec. 

In other words, he's what's wrong with America.  Exactly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

If you wish to enjoy listening to the Georgia Bulldog radio broadcasters as the Texas Longhorn offense drove 75 yards in 10 plays on the opening possession,  fast forward to 4:45:00, as the link won't permit me to do it for you.  Scott Howard is handling play-by-play. Eric Zeier is the analyst and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.

It's pretty glorious.

Scott Howard is doing the play-by-play, is shocked at how rapidly Texas is driving it down the field in up tempo pace.  Along the way, he has some classic lines like when he describes Ingram as a "reserve RB freshman from Carthage, Texas" at 4:49:00

Eric Zeier is most sober about what Texas is doing to their defense on the drive.  

After we score, they are on their heels, but aware that it is happening to them and it is a bad thing at 4:52:00

Zeier:  "Boy that was a clinic there by the Texas offense. Just moving down the field doing whatever they wanted to do throwing the football they were able to get the dogs pretty good there defensively against the run in that series but Ehlinger and these big receivers are having their way with Georgia."

https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Archive=16320&type=Archive

Enjoy!

I just tried to watch this on a PC, Win 7, with Chrome and IE.  I get this:  

Live streaming is not available on your platform.

Live streaming is not available for this device, browser, or operating system.

Nice website they have there. 

Is he driving a mini van?  That's one of his problems.  LOL.    
Uh... Only very young soccer moms with toddlers or younger  who haven't graduated to a large SUV are allowed to drive mini vans.  Or a senior citizen.

Senior citizens HATE mini vans you fucking twatwaffle.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:
Is he driving a mini van?  That's one of his problems.  LOL.    
Uh... Only very young soccer moms with toddlers or younger  who haven't graduated to a large SUV are allowed to drive mini vans.  Or a senior citizen.

Senior citizens HATE mini vans you fucking twatwaffle.

You might be right.  The Senior citizen couple two houses down from me just traded their Dodge Caravan for a Kia Soul.  LOL.

He's only a little junior fattie compared to some of their old blubbery walrus-looking assholes parked around the Warehouse District on Tuesday morning.  I feared for the chairs and barstools of many fine establishments.  They can choke on their peanut oil-fried peach pies.

Georgia peaches, peeeeecans*, and vidalia onions suck ass.

*stupid crackers don't know how to correctly pronounce pecan. Would u lack som peeeeee can pie?

Uh no dude I'm not a fan of urine in my pie.

Wood u lak some sweet tee?

Uh no dude don't want the diebeetus.

Wood u lack som bbq? The sauce is fantastic!

Uh no dude, don't want no baked mystrey meat shredded and slatherd in piss and kechup.

Morons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After watching it on TV, the team and coaching performance was even better than I remember from watching it live. Hell of a win. Nice calls on offense to throw Georgia defense off. To many good plays by so many defensive players that is hard to mention them all. Even though we lost the 4th this was a complete game and that last drive had everything go Georgia's way. Unfortunate targeting calls and even Georgia dropped passes that would have caused them to run out of time.

17 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I’d say we worked up the #8 on them all night long. 

You can go back to high res-photos in other games and see the same plays from #7 down to Victory.  My guess is that it is either something highly situational a la centering the ball or taking a safety.

Or it could be there as a easter egg for opposition scouts who try to re-engineer armband plays.  I'm hoping it's that for hilarity.

Edited by JBJ

18 hours ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Bama being all world has fucked sec fans up. They’re fucking retarded thinking just because they’re in the same conference as Bama means they are anywhere near the team Bama is. Fucking clowns.

It's like watching a fat girl who thinks she looks good just because a hot girl keeps her around to keep the bar set low.

18 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Great find.  Makes me realize how fortunate we are to have Craig Way.  Those guys sound exactly as you'd expect the georgia sport network to sound.  Continuously referring to the bulldogs as "we" and "us."

Same attitude as Dave South.  The SEC really does deserve aggy.

9 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

So I was scrolling through all the tweets about the sugar bowl game as one does after a game like that and I came across one wherein Vince proclaims "We'll be Baaaaaack!!" After winning the Rose Bowl against Michigan following the 2004 season the. It cuts to Sam saying "We're Baaaaaaaack!!"

Now, from the outset, Vince was clearly referring g to returning to the Rose Bowl the following year to play for all the marbles. I'm pretty confident Sam was only referring to the overplayed question about whether or not Texas is back or not throughout the media and on social media. However, Vince's statement also now takes on a double prophecy that Sam appears to be answering.

Thoughts?

So is that both old and new testament?

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

According to Texas linebackers Anthony Wheeler and Gary Johnson, Georgia went from talking trash to sounding like an episode of Dr. Phil.

“By the second quarter, they went from talking to trash to saying, ‘We didn’t think y’all would come out this hard,’” said Wheeler, who had a drive-killing sack.

Added Johnson, who had a critical sack in the fourth quarter that helped kill a Georgia drive and some UGA momentum:

“Those guys looked at us and told us, ‘We didn’t think y’all were going to be this physical.’

“They went up against Alabama and LSU, and they call the SEC the best conference. So those guys probably came in thinking we were going to be a pushover, and that’s when we hit ‘em in the mouth.

“We just out-physicaled them. We hurt ‘em. They didn’t want to play with us anymore, and that’s when we put an emphasis to just keep putting our foot on their throats.”

This is as good as the Mizzou game , during the MNC run of 2005 iirc, that our OL would tell previous trash talking Mizzou DL the next play that was coming, and that there was nothing they were going to do to stop it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

You can go back to high res-photos in other games and see the same plays from #7 down to Victory.  My guess is that it is either something highly situational a la centering the ball or taking a safety.

Or it could be there as a easter egg for opposition scouts who try to re-engineer armband plays.  I'm hoping it's that for hilarity.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Cajun

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The Georgia accent is second only to the Virginia aristocrat accent as the most grating sound in the world.

i hate people from Georgia.

Love the South Jawja accent.  Married a girl with one.  Now north Georgia sounds too much like Tennessee and Dolly Parton.

Quarter and the restaurants were about 60-40 Longhorns.  Longhorns were louder in the stadium.  I couldn't see the upper deck, but the lower deck looked pretty close.  Maybe a few more Longhorns.  Scattered burnt orange on one side and scattered red on the other.  Maybe the end zones (both of which were split) were slightly more Longhorn.

Really, how can you hate Georgia?  They made Baker Mayfield cry last year in the Rose Bowl.

Edited by bullet

6 minutes ago, bullet said:

Really, how can you hate Georgia?  They made Baker Mayfield cry last year in the Rose Bowl.

...and they are going to make aggy cry next fall.

I don't necessarily like them, but I don't have as much disgust with them as I feel for the rest of the Confederate States Conference.

What I don't get is how Georgia got punched in the mouth and did nothing.  To a man, how is that possible?  Sure, you may lose the game, but you take the punches and you punch right back until the game is over and you leave nothing on the field with no regrets.  If you don't do that, that's on your coach for spending too much time making you an athlete and not enough time making you a man.

6 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

What I don't get is how Georgia got punched in the mouth and did nothing.  To a man, how is that possible?  Sure, you may lose the game, but you take the punches and you punch right back until the game is over and you leave nothing on the field with no regrets.  If you don't do that, that's on your coach for spending too much time making you an athlete and not enough time making you a man.

I think you could make an argument that it has to do with the mercenaries they’ve brought into the program. When you’re commitment to the school is driven by cash, I don’t think there is much in the way of a bond you share with your teammates that helps you overcome adversity. You’re all there because you were paid to be there. I think there has to be something more substantial than that. I felt the same way watching those Ole Miss teams. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

If you wish to enjoy listening to the Georgia Bulldog radio broadcasters as the Texas Longhorn offense drove 75 yards in 10 plays on the opening possession,  fast forward to 4:45:00, as the link won't permit me to do it for you.  Scott Howard is handling play-by-play. Eric Zeier is the analyst and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.

It's pretty glorious.

Scott Howard is doing the play-by-play, is shocked at how rapidly Texas is driving it down the field in up tempo pace.  Along the way, he has some classic lines like when he describes Ingram as a "reserve RB freshman from Carthage, Texas" at 4:49:00

Eric Zeier is most sober about what Texas is doing to their defense on the drive.  

After we score, they are on their heels, but aware that it is happening to them and it is a bad thing at 4:52:00

Zeier:  "Boy that was a clinic there by the Texas offense. Just moving down the field doing whatever they wanted to do throwing the football they were able to get the dogs pretty good there defensively against the run in that series but Ehlinger and these big receivers are having their way with Georgia."

https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Archive=16320&type=Archive

Enjoy!

Heard them doing a little of their live show in the Hilton the night before.  "Georgia will run at will on Texas."  "Just need to slow down the big receivers a little."  I was thinking they hadn't actually seen Texas play.  This UT could shut down the run when they needed to.

My wife was showing me all the trash talk about how they were going to run all over Texas and were saying the Big 12 had no defense.  I recognized the tone from UT in the 70s and 80s during the Akers bowl losing streaks.  Game went just like I expected.  Texas smacked them in the mouth and they didn't know what hit them.  Players were saying the right things in public, but the arrogance from the fan base had to infect them.  They were entitled and thought just because they had that SEC patch on their sleeve and had played Bama toe to toe twice they would walk over anyone else.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think you could make an argument that it has to do with the mercenaries they’ve brought into the program. When you’re commitment to the school is driven by cash, I don’t think there is much in the way of a bond you share with your teammates that helps you overcome adversity. You’re all there because you were paid to be there. I think there has to be something more substantial than that. I felt the same way watching those Ole Miss teams. 

Why is Alabama so good then?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Why is Alabama so good then?

Saban keeps his players focused on their assignments.  He keeps them even keel.  Smart isn't as good with that.  He has an assistant hold his belt to keep him from running on the field and getting a penalty.  UGA was pretty inconsistent under Richt.  Its still somewhat so under Smart.  They just aren't so inconsistent as to lose to the bad teams anymore.  Also this UGA team lost a lot and is pretty young.  Lots of talent, but young.  They may finally dethrone Alabama next year if he can keep them from being so cocky.

• Like 1

2018 and 2016 were such opposites.  

2016 started out sky high with a win over Notre Dame, with expectations of 9 or 10 wins and a major bowl. Then lost to Kansas for the first time since 1938 and missed a bowl.

2018 started out so ugly with a loss to Maryland (again), uncomfortably close game with Tulsa, then beat OU and climaxed with a physical beatdown of mighty SEC Georgia. 

how the worm turns. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

They completely bought into the "Mighty SEC/Soft Big 12" narrative.

That self mind-fuck continues, and will continue, to bite every SEC around not named Alabama.

When Fromm threw up that prayer of a pass in the third quarter that was intercepted, part of me wanted to believe he was thinking "these big twelve guys don't play defense, I can get away with this." 

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

According to Texas linebackers Anthony Wheeler and Gary Johnson, Georgia went from talking trash to sounding like an episode of Dr. Phil.

“By the second quarter, they went from talking to trash to saying, ‘We didn’t think y’all would come out this hard,’” said Wheeler, who had a drive-killing sack.

Added Johnson, who had a critical sack in the fourth quarter that helped kill a Georgia drive and some UGA momentum:

“Those guys looked at us and told us, ‘We didn’t think y’all were going to be this physical.’

“They went up against Alabama and LSU, and they call the SEC the best conference. So those guys probably came in thinking we were going to be a pushover, and that’s when we hit ‘em in the mouth.

“We just out-physicaled them. We hurt ‘em. They didn’t want to play with us anymore, and that’s when we put an emphasis to just keep putting our foot on their throats.”

29 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

The Wheeler/ Johnson quotes tell the tale.

Like in Tombstone when Kurt Russell slaps "bulley" Billy Bob Thornton at The Pharoh table and Billy Bob turtles. Classic scene.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Same attitude as Dave South.  The SEC really does deserve aggy.

I listened to that entire GA radio broadcast -- such homers.  The "we" did this and the "they" did that was a total clown show.  They got way too excited when GA finally got their 2nd quarter touchdown.  To their credit, they started getting pretty real about what a beat down the Longhorns were putting on GA after the 2 pt conversion and 28-7, Texas.  

I miss hearing Dave South call aggy games (in an evil way) and am very glad that Craig Way is the voice of the Longhorns. 

Is it OK that, two days later, I am still gloating over this W?

We had a company wide day of safety training. It’s an annual thing. The two guys that do it are from GA and big uga fans. I made sure to sit in the front row with a Texas Longhorns shirt on. Played The Eyes on my phone at lunch for everyone too.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

We had a company wide day of safety training. It’s an annual thing. The two guys that do it are from GA and big uga fans. I made sure to sit in the front row with a Texas Longhorns shirt on. Played The Eyes on my phone at lunch for everyone too.

Little cringey there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just rewatched for the third time, first time to watch halfass sober.  Joseph Ossai played a hell of a game.  We need to quit running the fucking option.... hasn’t worked all year.  Substitute it with the LJH screen pass for 10 yards and then let the O-line push him for another 10, that one does not suck.