Tell Us About Your Avatar

PvilleStang

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my guitars and a half stack in my backyard about 30 some-odd years ago. I thought it all looked cool with the leaves and fence in the background. The tree is long gone, as is the red paint on the fence. And sadly, so are the guitars and amp (wish I had them back).

Britt is my favorite player from my era. He was just a blast to watch. He rode the IM bus w/ me for about a year (I guess he lived out there w/ his girlfriend .. soon to be wife). He would get on the bus with his smokin' hot girlfriend and he was just all mullet and fu manchu mustache. I just thought he was about the coolest guy on campus. 

Edited by TexasBeta

I can't think of the guys name for some reason, but he was a bighearted shagster who was looking after our adopted homeless guy Emil Kizer. . .oh yeah, it was Foggy Notion! Anyway, I paypaled him some money and all I asked for in return was a photo of Kizer doing the sic em bears thing.  This was before all the raping, and before I cut financial ties to Baylor.

Ramjet used to have some good photoshops with Kizer.

I hope if Kizer's still alive that maybe he is on a run of better luck.  My heart goes out to that guy.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 8:31 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s me- I accidentally wore this to blacks in Lockhart to pick up a to go order with my 3 year old. They reacted very poorly, and either an employee or customer called me a “fucking faggot”. I posted the story to Hornfans, feelings were hurt, life lessons were learned, protests were planned, lulz were had, etc.

By the way, for those who remember that thread: you are old. That was 12 years ago. When we moved here from shaggyEskimo I thought I had lost it, except Judge saved this lightly edited version and returned it to me. Thanks Judge!

I remember that thread.

shit I'm old and damn I've wasted a lot of time

John Frusciante's Fender Stratocaster that he played for most of his time in the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm not the biggest fan of their music, but I am a fan of his guitar playing, and of that guitar. Sadly he doesn't play it much anymore, but damn, that is such a cool guitar.

My avatar on the old site was the FUDD beer logo from The Simpsons (the most popular beer in Shelbyville, which Moe thought was banned because it made a bunch of hillbillies go blind), and it happened to have a Longhorn in the logo. I thought it was perfect at the time, but since I quit drinking, it felt weird to keep it when we moved over here.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, Texas007 said:

The real James Bond leaning on his gunmetal grey Aston Martin DB5 in the Swiss Alps (scene where car chase in Goldfinger is filmed).

Furka Pass....there's actually a plaque marking the spot.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:31 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s me- I accidentally wore this to blacks in Lockhart to pick up a to go order with my 3 year old. They reacted very poorly, and either an employee or customer called me a “fucking faggot”. I posted the story to Hornfans, feelings were hurt, life lessons were learned, protests were planned, lulz were had, etc.

By the way, for those who remember that thread: you are old. That was 12 years ago. When we moved here from shaggyEskimo I thought I had lost it, except Judge saved this lightly edited version and returned it to me. Thanks Judge!

"accidentally"

• 3 months later...