Tathan (Tate) Martell in the Portal

Horn Under a Bad Sign

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Starkel threw for 4 TD and nearly 400 yards in San Jose State’s first game. 
Martell can’t touch the ball in practice and is earning lunch money endorsing a chicken wing joint. 

“Ass my dude” for the win. 

Yeah I was really looking forward to the Ass My Dude Bowl when UNLV and San Jose meet up this year. I thought for sure even Tathan could be the backup for a team that hasn't won a game in 2 years and at least get into a gimmicked play or 3.  Alas that bar appears to be too high.

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, Lhorn said:

Starkel threw for 4 TD and nearly 400 yards in San Jose State’s first game. 
Martell can’t touch the ball in practice and is earning lunch money endorsing a chicken wing joint. 

“Ass my dude” for the win. 

Just dropped in to find out how many more years my user name might be relevant.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

There is something wrong with anyone who ever agrees to play for aggy - even if they're just kids - but I do have to say I have a lot of respect for Starkel getting run out of town and put down by Tathan and yet Starkel still seems to have his shit together and is doing well at SJSU and Tathan is.... a vagabond caveman on the Uncle Rico track, as pointed out here. 

FWIW, Starkel beat Hawaii last night and was 23/50 for 235 and two TD's and a pick. Not world beating, but better than anything Tathan is up to right now. 

Ass My Dude, indeed. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Just saw the box score 2/6 for 21 yards #domination

I hope he gets to play against SJSU this season. Surely the CFB gods can give us that giff.

October 21 10:00 pm Central on CBSSN. Might have to tune in to see if Tate plays. That is if he hasn't transferred to another school by then.

Got to be difficult for the guy to be honest.  He had people kissing his ass, his parents were nuts and he was part of a Netflix show, his entire identity was wrapped around being a QB and his family fed into that.   Instead of supporting him as a scout team QB and get a good education and use that network to build a decent life, he felt the pressure to transfer over and over and deny the reality that he is not and will never be a Power 5 QB and has zero shot in the NFL or even the CFL.   Next year he will be competing with guys who were in middle school when he entered college.  

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:12 AM, Nivek said:

Got to be difficult for the guy to be honest.  He had people kissing his ass, his parents were nuts and he was part of a Netflix show, his entire identity was wrapped around being a QB and his family fed into that.   Instead of supporting him as a scout team QB and get a good education and use that network to build a decent life, he felt the pressure to transfer over and over and deny the reality that he is not and will never be a Power 5 QB and has zero shot in the NFL or even the CFL.   Next year he will be competing with guys who were in middle school when he entered college. 

I agree with you on the family aspect but similarly the dude did himself no favors in particular around the whole "ass my dude" thing but the real big faceplant was the series of tweets he made at the end of his time there when Justin Fields announced he was transferring to Ohio State.  It's been a rapid falling off the cliff from that point.

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I agree with you on the family aspect but similarly the dude did himself no favors in particular around the whole "ass my dude" thing but the real big faceplant was the series of tweets he made at the end of his time there when Justin Fields announced he was transferring to Ohio State.  It's been a rapid falling off the cliff from that point.

That is the thing.  His family fed him a load of crap and sold it over and over.  His trajectory is former child actor if he doesn't separate and self-correct.  But I guess hanging with Corey Feldman in his future.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That is the thing.  His family fed him a load of crap and sold it over and over.  His trajectory is former child actor if he doesn't separate and self-correct.  But I guess hanging with Corey Feldman in his future.

Tate wishes he could be the has been that Corey is. Corey was in Stand by Me and Goonies for Christ’s Sake. What posters would Tate hang up his parties for money to charge people to get in?

A16F217F-A577-4F7F-A1B0-1FC1D77BCE38.webp

28 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Tate wishes he could be the has been that Corey is. Corey was in Stand by Me and Goonies for Christ’s Sake. What posters would Tate hang up his parties for money to charge people to get in?

A16F217F-A577-4F7F-A1B0-1FC1D77BCE38.webp 64.97 kB · 1 download

The Lost Boys has to be on your list

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

A16F217F-A577-4F7F-A1B0-1FC1D77BCE38.webp 64.97 kB · 4 downloads

31 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

The Lost Boys has to be on your list

1984:  gremlins

1985:  goonies

1986:  stand by me

1987:  the lost boys 

1988:  license to drive

1989:  the burbs

cmon now. Tater couldn’t touch that with a step stool and a pool skimmer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A16F217F-A577-4F7F-A1B0-1FC1D77BCE38.webp

dream a little dream, and that Nicole Eggert film which I remember very little about other than one scene.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Went to go see Tathan's stats since his debut against ISU and found out he's in a walking boot not playing.

We are 15 days out from Ass My Dude Bowl and it may not even happen.

Missing the Ass My Dude Bowl is complete Ass My Dude.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Even without the boot, was that little douche fucker actually going to see any meaningful snaps against Starkel?

Doubtful I mean the UNLV starter was out for the ISU game I believe and ole Tathan could only muster 10 snaps I think. He may have gotten more than that but it wasn't much.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:22 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

1984:  gremlins

1985:  goonies

1986:  stand by me

1987:  the lost boys 

1988:  license to drive

1989:  the burbs

cmon now. Tater couldn’t touch that with a step stool and a pool skimmer. 

he's definitely trending closer to Taylor Hamm than Corey Feldman at this point.

• 3 months later...