The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

48 minutes ago, texifornia said:

heheheh you let aggy score 70+ points on you with the state of Texas' second-best players and a Neanderthal offense and you're coming over here to talk shit.

Your offense is installing a fancy new spread. We've seen how awesome that can work if you're the only team running it (Manziel-era A&M, Pinkel's Mizzou, Brohm's Purdue), but we play spread offenses every week. Some, like OU, have amazing talent. We still beat them.

Did any of those starters lost off that '18  defense get granted another year of eligibility?

• Fuck You 5

44 minutes ago, 167back said:

Saw that somewhere else on here. Could you please enlighten me as to when and where did aranda and hermann go head to head? 

Round 1, 2013. Round 2, 2014.

And, of course, they were teammates at Cal Lutheran, so there's no telling how many times Herman beat him at pool, bowling, beer-chugging, poker, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 167back said:

Slow your roll dude. No need to get a heart attack. All I said was horns recovered a fumble inside uga 30.  Never said they just dropped it. How bout this.  Great play by horns "D". On a SLOBERKNOCKER of a hit by a horns defender dawgs lose the ball and horns recover deep in uga territory. GREAT play by that awesome UT "D". Does that make you feel better.  

Other two comments about the punter was all on the PUNTER. Nothing horns did played a part in either play.

Kicking the shit out of the o-line and intimidating them played into the punter screwing up.  Had that SECSECSEC O-line held that powderpuff big12 defense, he wouldn't have screwed up.    I hope you don't get negged off the board.  This thread will be funny to revisit in a few weeks.  

Serious questions though? Why are you loading up on aggy leftovers?  Why is your team not showing up to work on that new offense? 

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Round 1, 2013. Round 2, 2014.

And, of course, they were teammates at Cal Lutheran, so there's no telling how many times Herman beat him at pool, bowling, beer-chugging, poker, etc.

You left out "picking up women." Oh, uh, that assumes Aranda likes women. Maybe he likes . . . never mind. 

Did any of those starters lost off that '18  defense get granted another year of eligibility?

Go ahead and line up who’s gone with their replacement and let me know which seniors we would be better off keeping for another year. I can see 2. So other than those 2, we improve that defense through replacement.

But the biggest delta between LSU and Texas is coaching. In talent, you may have a deeper roster. I imagine there’s not a team in the country you wouldn’t put your roster up against. It must make you sick at the end of every season knowing you have so much wasted talent. Maybe next year, right? It’s great that coach o is a swamp aggy at heart, I’m sure that makes tiger nation all warm and fuzzy. If only he was better at coaching football, game planning, making in game adjustments, clock management, etc. Remember, you get less headsets on game day this year so that means coach o has to manage the clock himself. I hope he learned to count this summer...
  • Like 1

Which do you think will be their excuse?

1)Well next excuse will be how their whole team missed practice, but if we played later in the year they would have won.

2)They were not motivated to practice against an inferior opponent.

3)LSU wasn’t playing for a title so the game means nothing.

4)LSU overlooked Texas after a brutal match up with Georgia Southern (practically an sec sec sec team) and was beaten up by their sec sec sec schedule that had not started yet.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 167back said:

LSU scored more and gave up less VS uga. Does that mean tigers offense and defense were better than ut's last year? FOUR SEC teams scored more against mizzou than the horns.  Missouri St and Purdue did also.

what does it matter when a OOC game is scheduled? Twelve games is twelve games. Last year two of horns last three were TT and Kansas. Really tough competition there.

Out of the eight bowl games ( '18 season) the SEC played in that had options to pick teams. Only ONE involved a game where the SEC opponent finished higher ranked in their respective conference. That was KY ( #2 east) vs Penn ST ( #3 east) Wildcats won. 

Not sure.  Does this mean that LSU is massively inferior to Texas in every category that matters?  I'm thinking yes...

Texas All time Record - 908/370/33                                             LSU - 797/415/47

Texas all-time winning % - .705                                                      LSU - .652

Texas conf championships - 30                                                    LSU - 15

Texas cons All Americans - 60                                                       LSU - 35

Texas 1st round draft picks - 45                                                    LSU - 42

Texas weeks in AP poll - 720                                                          LSU - 617

Texas weeks at AP #1 - 45                                                             LSU - 30

tenor.gif

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

You can’t just show up for a game and lose and declare that you didn’t want to be there (SEC).  You have to practice not wanting to be there during fall camp.  Obviously these guys are overachievers.   

Edited by stork642
  • Like 3

This is starting to smell more and more like some form of suspension or other ncaa limbo that they are being held out for while it gets sorted out.

Wait until next week when even more players miss and you watch them go gymnastics to state it’s totally normal....

Will need the ministry of information guy to tell them all to remain calm...

Edited by Laxtonto

17 hours ago, 167back said:

Slow your roll dude. No need to get a heart attack. All I said was horns recovered a fumble inside uga 30.  Never said they just dropped it. How bout this.  Great play by horns "D". On a SLOBERKNOCKER of a hit by a horns defender dawgs lose the ball and horns recover deep in uga territory. GREAT play by that awesome UT "D". Does that make you feel better.  

Other two comments about the punter was all on the PUNTER. Nothing horns did played a part in either play.

Besides force them to punt. (With an apparently shitty long snapper and mental midget of a punter) Its called strategery, Cajun boy.

Ed O is a big, loud Cajun who managed to fall upward every time he failed or shit the bed.  His role model is Lane Kiffin, but Lane did not have deep roots in Baton Rouge.  If you get humiliated and run off from Tennessee and USC, you wind up at Florida Atlantic.  If you are from Louisiana, can't speak English, and you get humiliated at Ole Miss and USC, you get hired as head coach at LSU.  

1 hour ago, Poolflood said:

" Auburn comes with the corner blitz so naturally the safety rolls over the top from depth. Either that route on the sideline should break at about 6 yards for an easy completion or Burrow needs to get his eyes to the other side of the field. Throwing the fade against a defender that was off at 12 yards from the start is weird."

One of the consistent themes of weak QB play in the SECx3 is the speed (or lack thereof) with which they are able to come off their primary read.  If you watch enough games with top SEC teams you will notice how little the QBs' heads move while surveying the field from the pocket.  In many cases they seem to only be surveying half the field the whole time.  The primary exception to this is when flushed from the pocket or forced to evade the rush.  They change focus to the pass rushers then resurvey the field - often with good results.

This is a non-issue when the talent gap is so wide that the primary receiver is almost always open.  It's also not an issue when the QB can get a good pre-snap read.  With disguised coverage and post snap pattern changes it becomes a huge issue when talent is comparable. 

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Go ahead and line up who’s gone with their replacement and let me know which seniors we would be better off keeping for another year. I can see 2. So other than those 2, we improve that defense through replacement.

But the biggest delta between LSU and Texas is coaching. In talent, you may have a deeper roster. I imagine there’s not a team in the country you wouldn’t put your roster up against. It must make you sick at the end of every season knowing you have so much wasted talent. Maybe next year, right? It’s great that coach o is a swamp aggy at heart, I’m sure that makes tiger nation all warm and fuzzy. If only he was better at coaching football, game planning, making in game adjustments, clock management, etc. Remember, you get less headsets on game day this year so that means coach o has to manage the clock himself. I hope he learned to count this summer...

My partner if those new defensive starters are better by game two they should have been starting last year. Just for fun let's say the new starters are just as good. How do the new backups stack up against last years backups? Need more than 11 to play solid "D". 

LSU has played better every year than the year before since EdO took over. Hermann is 17-10 in his fist two years in Austin. EdO is 25-9 in two plus years in br. It's been a while since I was in Mr Babineaux's math class at Garfield but I'm pretty sure EdO has the better winning percentage against a tougher schedule. 

EdO in conference 15-5. Only conference loss to a team without a conferencing winning record was to MS St in '17, they finished 4-4 in SEC.

Hermann conference record 12-7. Conference losses to teams with a losing conference '18 Ok St (3-6) and '17 TT (3-6).

As of now I would have to say EdO has actually outcoached Hermann to date. Especially with LSU playing in the tougher conference. You are correct sir. LSU does have the deeper more experienced roster.

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, 167back said:

LSU has played better every year than the year before since EdO took over. Hermann is 17-10 in his fist two years in Austin. EdO is 25-9 in two plus years in br. It's been a while since I was in Mr Babineaux's math class at Garfield but I'm pretty sure EdO has the better winning percentage against a tougher schedule.

As of now I would have to say EdO has actually outcoached Hermann to date. Especially with LSU playing in the tougher conference. You are correct sir. LSU does have the deeper more experienced roster.

Thanks for accidentally proving just how vastly superior a coach Herman is.  Orgeron inherited a team that went 9-3 the year before he took over.  He's turned that into a 10-3 team in a couple of years.  The entire "improvement" under Coach O can be traced to the fact that the McNeese State game was cancelled in 2015.

Tom Herman inherited a 5-7 team that hadn't been to a bowl game in 3 years.  In less than 2 years that team doubled its win total and dominated a top 5 team in a NY6 bowl.  Texas also beat CFP bound OU during the year, which was a better win than anything LSU got.  Orgeron's best win after UGa was vs Auburn which finally got to .500 against P5 competition by beating unranked Purdue in their bowl.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, 167back said:

My partner if those new defensive starters are better by game two they should have been starting last year. Just for fun let's say the new starters are just as good. How do the new backups stack up against last years backups? Need more than 11 to play solid "D". 

EdO in conference 15-5. Only conference loss to a team without a conferencing winning record was to MS St in '17, they finished 4-4 in SEC.

Hermann conference record 12-7. Conference losses to teams with a losing conference '18 Ok St (3-6) and '17 TT (3-6).

Against P5s:

2017: LSU 7-3 (.700) vs Texas 6-6 (.500); no, I'm not giving you BYU because they suck, aren't a P5, and LSU also lost to Troy which I am forgiving in this analysis. If we add them, Troy absolutely counts as a loss then.

2018: LSU 7-3 (.700) vs Texas 9-4 (.692); I'm giving you UCF, they were obviously a wounded animal with no QB but they are a good team and it was a NY6 so it is worth counting.

Total P5 records over two years under the same, non-interim staffs: 14-6 (.700) for LSU against 15-10 (.600) for Texas. Now, this can be read both ways: LSU does have a higher winning percentage vs P5 schools + UCF, but the strength of schedule bit is an absolute laugher given Texas has played nearly half a season's worth of additional games vs P5 competition. We also see that a stark jump in performance for Texas as the program begins to reflect the new staff's culture and includes a highly touted class of players recruited by said staff. The 2018 winning percentages vs P5 competition are statistically identical. Another highly touted class has been added and Texas adds an ingredient that has been lacking: upperclassman leadership on both sides of the ball that is bought in and has actual success to build upon. The trend line for Texas is pointing up. The trend line for LSU, while it had been above Texas in recent years prior to 2018, is flat.

LSU is a good team. It's true their defense is loaded and in all likelihood will be the best unit, top to bottom, Herman, Ehlinger, and co. have faced in their time at Texas. Anyone on here claiming Texas is going to drill them is doing so out of bias. But claiming LSU is going to walk all over Texas, on the road, supported by your weak-ass argument, is just as biased and laughable, because whatever indicator you want to use says this Texas team will be better than every team LSU played last year except for one. And that one team absolutely humiliated LSU.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Against P5s:

2017: LSU 7-3 (.700) vs Texas 6-6 (.500); no, I'm not giving you BYU because they suck, aren't a P5, and LSU also lost to Troy which I am forgiving in this analysis. If we add them, Troy absolutely counts as a loss then.

2018: LSU 7-3 (.700) vs Texas 9-4 (.692); I'm giving you UCF, they were obviously a wounded animal with no QB but they are a good team and it was a NY6 so it is worth counting.

Total P5 records over two years under the same, non-interim staffs: 14-6 (.700) for LSU against 15-10 (.600) for Texas. Now, this can be read both ways: LSU does have a higher winning percentage vs P5 schools + UCF, but the strength of schedule bit is an absolute laugher given Texas has played nearly half a season's worth of additional games vs P5 competition. We also see that a stark jump in performance for Texas as the program begins to reflect the new staff's culture and includes a highly touted class of players recruited by said staff. The 2018 winning percentages vs P5 competition are statistically identical. Another highly touted class has been added and Texas adds an ingredient that has been lacking: upperclassman leadership on both sides of the ball that is bought in and has actual success to build upon. The trend line for Texas is pointing up. The trend line for LSU, while it had been above Texas in recent years prior to 2018, is flat.

LSU is a good team. It's true their defense is loaded and in all likelihood will be the best unit, top to bottom, Herman, Ehlinger, and co. have faced in their time at Texas. Anyone on here claiming Texas is going to drill them is doing so out of bias. But claiming LSU is going to walk all over Texas, on the road, supported by your weak-ass argument, is just as biased and laughable, because whatever indicator you want to use says this Texas team will be better than every team LSU played last year except for one. And that one team absolutely humiliated LSU.

I get the hatred for BYU. You're not over that butt whipping they put on you a few years back. Just because they are an independent doesn't mean the are not on par with at least half the P5 schools. Over the past five years these are some of BYU's victims texas, virginia, cal, nebraska. #20 boise st ( do you consider P5 quality?), cincy (2x), Arizona (2x), mich st, miss st, #20 utah and #6 wisconsin. Badgers were last year. Horns haven't beat anyone ranked higher under Hermann's coaching.  These are some schools the cougars played within one score over same time frame # 10 ucla (2x), #18 Utah (2x), wv, #14 boise, and cal.

With the big xxi playing nine conference games all that does is make sure Hermann gets to play kansas,  baylor and texas tech every year.

As for strength of schedule in '17 horns played five top 20 teams. In '18 they played  five top 20 teams. Their record was 4-6. Biggest win was #6 uga  in sugar bowl. Horns have two wins VS top 10. In '17 lsu played four top 20 teams .  In '18 they played seven top 20 teams. Their record was 7-4. Biggest win was vs #2 uga.  Tigers had five wins vs top 10 teams. LSU has played more ranked opponents. They have beaten more top 20 and have more wins vs top 10 than horns have vs top 20.

LSU goes from 8 to 9 to 10 wins and that's flat. OK. 

As for the upperclassmen I counted 21 for the horns on the two deep I saw. They lost 17 lettermen. Granted not all 17 were in the two deep but I can't see how the number of upperclassmen is that much higher in '19 than it was in '18. You know your roster better than me though.

In contrast LSU has 30 upperclassmen on two deep. Tigers return 17 players on "O" that played some serious minutes. On defense it was 17 also. That's a lot of returning experience the horns have to overcome. So 16 returning starters from the #6 team in the country. Thirty upperclassmen in the two deep. Thirty four players with significant minutes last season and 48 lettermen returning is a weak ass argument. 

You actually believe this UT longhorn team will be better this year?? You're basing that on potential more than returning production. You are really putting a lot of faith in first and second year players. 

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, 167back said:

You actually believe this UT longhorn team will be better this year?? You're basing that on potential more than returning production. You are really putting a lot of faith in first and second year players. 

Literally every Texas fan thinks the team will be better this year. It was a senior class full of limited (whether athletically or between the ears) guys trying their best, the young talented guys have been rotated in plenty and looked good, and we've finally had competent coaching with year-on-year improvement for the first time in eons.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 167back said:

I get the hatred for BYU. You're not over that butt whipping they put on you a few years back. Just because they are an independent doesn't mean the are not on par with at least half the P5 schools. Over the past five years these are some of BYU's victims texas, virginia, cal, nebraska. #20 boise st ( do you consider P5 quality?), cincy (2x), Arizona (2x), mich st, miss st, #20 utah and #6 wisconsin. Badgers were last year. Horns haven't beat anyone ranked higher under Hermann's coaching.  These are some schools the cougars played within one score over same time frame # 10 ucla (2x), #18 Utah (2x), wv, #14 boise, and cal.

With the big xxi playing nine conference games all that does is make sure Hermann gets to play kansas,  baylor and texas tech every year.

As for strength of schedule in '17 horns played five top 20 teams. In '18 they played  five top 20 teams. Their record was 4-6. Biggest win was #6 uga  in sugar bowl. Horns have two wins VS top 10. In '17 lsu played four top 20 teams .  In '18 they played seven top 20 teams. Their record was 7-4. Biggest win was vs #2 uga.  Tigers had five wins vs top 10 teams. LSU has played more ranked opponents. They have beaten more top 20 and have more wins vs top 10 than horns have vs top 20.

LSU goes from 8 to 9 to 10 wins and that's flat. OK. 

As for the upperclassmen I counted 21 for the horns on the two deep I saw. They lost 17 lettermen. Granted not all 17 were in the two deep but I can't see how the number of upperclassmen is that much higher in '19 than it was in '18. You know your roster better than me though.

In contrast LSU has 30 upperclassmen on two deep. Tigers return 17 players on "O" that played some serious minutes. On defense it was 17 also. That's a lot of returning experience the horns have to overcome. So 16 returning starters from the #6 team in the country. Thirty upperclassmen in the two deep. Thirty four players with significant minutes last season and 48 lettermen returning is a weak ass argument. 

LSU can suck my dick. 

• Like 2