Shane Buechele

Machinator

3 minutes ago, CenTXpony said:

Smu fan here... could not be more thrilled to get Shane especially after reading the comments from the longhorn faithful! I’m pumped and can’t wait for him to graduate and get on campus! Hookem and pony up!

He's a quality teammate and all-around dude and a more-than-solid QB when his OL isn't letting defenders fly in and turn his shoulder into mush. He's kind of fragile that way, so don't break him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Anything special about grad school at SMU that's related to Sports Mgt??

At least in DFW there's plenty of professional athletes, and I'm sure Shane's Dad knows a lot of Sports Agents......

UT's sport management department is one of the better in the country. Also, a grad degree in sport management is generally considered redundant if you already studied it in undergrad. You usually see folks from other undergrad fields or folks who are doing a GAship in athletics, campus rec, whatever it is because that is a box you have to check in those fields. Not that this move is academically motivated, but the answer to your question, in short, is a no. 

FWIW, the NCAA rule at least used to be that to be eligible immediately as a GT you had to transfer to a school that offered a grad degree your undergrad institution didn't. I don't know if that's still the case with the way things have changed.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

UT's sport management department is one of the better in the country. Also, a grad degree in sport management is generally considered redundant if you already studied it in undergrad. You usually see folks from other undergrad fields or folks who are doing a GAship in athletics, campus rec, whatever it is because that is a box you have to check in those fields. Not that this move is academically motivated, but the answer to your question, in short, is a no. 

FWIW, the NCAA rule at least used to be that to be eligible immediately as a GT you had to transfer to a school that offered a grad degree your undergrad institution didn't. I don't know if that's still the case with the way things have changed.

best of luck to Shane that ND win will always be part of his history

I always wondered about that requirement you mentioned especially players leaving a place like Texas, tOSU, Michigan or the like that are massive schools offering huge amounts of graduate degrees

but with graduate degrees I figured the school that was taking the transfer could pretty much always try and make something up that sounded unlike a degree that someone else offered like "sports management psychology" and really as long as the player leaving was not totally burning the university they were transferring from no one would really put up a fight or try and make that an issue

I would be a bit ashamed if Texas was to try and keep a player from transferring if they had been up front about it and had not really burned Texas in the process

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

1) I think that that rule has changed/become completely unenforced.

2) SMU has a pretty good business school and might have some "tech focus" that is slightly different than UT's. And I think that if you are Shane Buechele, you will have absolutely no problem getting into that school.

Just now, Napoleon said:

1) I think that that rule has changed/become completely unenforced.

2) SMU has a pretty good business school and might have some "tech focus" that is slightly different than UT's. And I think that if you are Shane Buechele, you will have absolutely no problem getting into that school.

their sports management is outside of Cox it is in The Simmons School  (but you take some Cox classes)

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

one of the better

Is it permitted to pick nits regarding diction if the word in question is used in praise of an academic program? "Better" is a comparative, not a superlative, and is best used when there is exactly one other against which comparison is made.

In any event, hook'em, Shane! Thanks for all you have given to Texas Football. 

36 minutes ago, CenTXpony said:

UNT fans are salty about it

north Texas state fans are some of the dumbest football fans on earth

they are like UH fans minus the past history or occasional big wins (although they are too stupid to even understand that lately with a couple of winning seasons)

they are also the epitome of fans that think that their team gets the best recruits/transfers every year Vs the teams they play and lose the least depth Vs those teams they play so no matter how bad last year was the next year is going to be amazing and filled with big wins

all of their opponents are facing a massive drop off while they are looking at massive upside and when it comes to SMU and even TCU and Tech they see impending doom every year and the chance that the program is relegated to G5 or the university drops football

Edited by ButtFumble

15 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yes, but he would be taking classes with Cox professors and learning things that he didn't at UT as an undergrad. 

Also I already made the comment but it's a huge bonus for his network down the line. Having UT and SMU alumni in your back pocket you can do basically whatever you want in Texas. 

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

This chicks better line up and take care of their new QB. He has a girl here so BJ's and pooper only, don't force the man to actually cheat.

Pref.JPG?la=en

That's like a practice squad for SMU lineups. 

Unfortunately most of them care more about what your dad does for a living than if you're on the football team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Why didn't Florida state go after him?

Dumpster Fire 🔥 at Florida State with Briles as the OC not a fit for the Buechele family.

Also, Shane is from Arlington and has a girlfriend at UT that he has been dating for quite awhile....

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Why didn't Florida state go after him?

Who knows which side didn't like that - I don't exactly see Shane on Team Briles.

Lil' Briles has been talking to Nick Starkel(motion) about grad transfering, which seems like a useful move since he's a boy scout and a former Starting SEC QuarterbackTM.

Edited by texifornia

• Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele