Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

34 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Coming from the dipshit who can’t get through one of his podcasts, or whatever the fuck it is, without taking shots at Texas.

yeah but he's just a generic aggy fuckboi so nobody cares enough to bitch about it

Edited by Bevo14

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The "shitting on him" from most people was recognition that he was acting flaky, he was associated with FWK and all that entails, and his mental eval indicates he has a higher bust probability than most recruits.

All of that is still valid.

Yeah I don't mind that stuff. All the talk about how he was guaranteed to flip, plotting with Jimbo, already an A&M silent, or that we should just totally cut him off was tiring though. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Here, I have the table set for all of you that have been shitting on Shepherd for the last three months. You know who you are. 

eating-crow.jpg

Yeah I think there was mainly not so much shitting on him as lamenting the drama and risk he represents. He proved the posters wrong by going back in time and not getting suspended from his HS team and then signing the only outstanding LOI from the 2019 recruiting class at Texas with no aggy cap in sight. He is a physical freak. He is only a teenager. He is a Horn now. I think we all want it to work out with him. But let’s not pretend he was or is just like every other guy in the class in terms of risk.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I was a little worried to see the special teams coach switch around, there is still a lot to do to make our special teams better. It should not be a job just tossed on some spare coach.

But whatever, maybe those titles do not actually mean much.

I think the staff is prioritizing retaining Naivar/prepping for if Orlando leaves for an HC role over any potential special teams dropoff from Naivar to Warehime.

At minimum we know Herman is big on special teams so he won't let it fall off the wagon completely.

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So two years in a row Texas has been 3rd overall in composite while Aggie finished 6th and 16th?  

Didn't Dimbo promise they would finish 1st this year?

First in the Brazos River Valley.

Edited by Deej

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Idk whether Warehime has photos, is a key part of the talent evaluation braintrust, just benefits from loyalty and desire for staff continuity, or what. 12 games ago I’d have nearly flipped my lid. Now I’m willing to wait a bit more patiently to see how things continue to develop.

The moment we won the Sugar Bowl, Tom had all the leverage in the world.

29 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Yeah I don't mind that stuff. All the talk about how he was guaranteed to flip, plotting with Jimbo, already an A&M silent, or that we should just totally cut him off was tiring though. 

Yep.  Follow Herman's actions vs internet Joe Bag'O Donuts conspiracies.  TH isn't getting Perrilloux'd like Butter Teeth did.

About the only time Herman seemed defensive in that presser was answering about Hand. It was like he went out of his way not to compliment him too much and possibly therefore be seen as critical of Warehime. Also, the response he gave Bohls about how many would be contributors seemed like there was an unspoken (and much relished by Herman) f-you: “Some.”

• Like 1