Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

How do you know he's 

I don't post what I'm told for obvious reasons because I'm told confidentially and if it doesn't pan out, y'all would light my ass up. But I'd say 95 percent what I'm told happens. I got a text right before Cain announcement.  Missing on these rbs is not sitting well. The line situations also. One coach in particular was mentioned as probably being on outs. It would not be a surprise. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I don't post what I'm told for obvious reasons because I'm told confidentially and if it doesn't pan out, y'all would light my ass up. But I'd say 95 percent what I'm told happens. I got a text right before Cain announcement.  Missing on these rbs is not sitting well. The line situations also. One coach in particular was mentioned as probably being on outs. It would not be a surprise. 

the fact there are a number of choices for who this could be isn't ever a good thing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Recruiting is a massive part of their jobs.  If they can't get it done at the level necessary, they are failing as employees.  Period.  

I'm not going to call the guy who recruited keontay Ingram a failure at recruiting until I see whether Brown and anyone else brought in can play. 

Just now, LebongJames said:

I know getting Sanders or Cain would have been great but Texas still signed the 12th best RB in the class. 

There is still time for the Oline. I can’t believe how big of vaginas everyone is being.

No kidding.  Bunch of guys in this thread need to wipe the sand out of their vaginas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

Cain made his choice. He want to go to Happy Valley, go and enjoy. When you play 2nd fiddle to OSU all 4 years and don’t become the next “Saquon” you can use that immensely huge PSU alumni group to help you after football.  Good luck Noah. 

They do have a huge alumni base. Problem is, they are mainly in coal country.

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Nobody knows shit

not that Nahlin knows anything but it went from everyone saying "Shepherd isn't signing today" to Nahlin saying "he is signing today" (Nahlin being the only one saying this now AFAIK?)

we will obviously know soon i assume but nobody else is saying jack about it.

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Fuck Shepherd. I don't want him. He seems like a stupid me-first primadonna playing a position that requires intelligence and selflessness. I'd bet dollars to donuts he does't finish with whatever school he initially signs with.

He reminds me a lot of Du’Vonta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Fuck Shepherd. I don't want him. He seems like a stupid me-first primadonna playing a position that requires intelligence and selflessness. I'd bet dollars to donuts he does't finish with whatever school he initially signs with.

How many donuts are we talking here?  At least a baker’s dozen?

Just now, TheFlagship said:

Only criticism I have is that we signed a whopping 1 player from DFW (2 if you count Lewis who is from Melissa) after only signing 2 last year. That’s not a good trend 

We've never really blitz-recruited DFW going back to Mack.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

his claim to fame is zeke elliott.  he's going to ride that bitch like tim brewster rides vy.

top all time commits include

Cam ($$$), Chris Rainey, Marshon Lattimore, Curtis Samuel, Zeke, Mike Weber, Ingram, Riley Cooper, Brown, Denzel Ward, both Pounceys...

but yeah, Zeke is the biggest fish there. 

So Shepard is a grade risk, team cancer, and lives for bullshit recruiting drama? I want him so bad. Even if (when) he doesn't pan out it is going to be so entertaining to hear about the stupid shit he does. 

"Shepard has been suspended 1 game for a violation of team rules. We're told he started a dog fighting ring in the locker room using only chihuahuas and when coach Hand told him to stop he slapped Hand and called him Uncle Tom." 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I think the big story is our struggles in DFW, a lot of which falls on Drayton. Remember, in 2018 a HUGE percentage of the elite talent was in Houston that cycle.

Would also stand to reason this staff was recruiting Houston hard while at UH and had some early ins with area recruits last cycle.  

Isnt Beaty a DFW witch?  Or is it just texas in general he's good at recruiting?  I'm all for dropping Meh for Beaty (did Tee Martin get a job yet?),   Time to shake up the staff a little and get a guy who's going to land Evans while we're at it.  McGlothern is an amazing RB and any year would be a great get, but for those who haven't watched Evans play, he's that once a decade guy nationally. 

Just now, Treefidy said:

Would also stand to reason this staff was recruiting Houston hard while at UH and had some early ins with area recruits last cycle.  

Isnt Beaty a DFW witch?  Or is it just texas in general he's good at recruiting?  I'm all for dropping Meh for Beaty (did Tee Martin get a job yet?),   Time to shake up the staff a little and get a guy who's going to land Evans while we're at it.  McGlothern is an amazing RB and any year would be a great get, but for those who haven't watched Evans play, he's that once a decade guy nationally.  

https://247sports.com/Player/Jase-McClellan-46036686/

https://247sports.com/Player/Dwight-McGlothern-46038284/

• Like 1