Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, tittiesandbeer said:

Footwork King believes Taylor Hamm can do no wrong.  How the fuck do you think Hamm found out Shep wasnt signing?  They're sucking each others dicks on a nightly basis.  Im curious to know who funded FWK's facility.  

Well I think we all know who is cleaning the pool at FWK's facility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tittiesandbeer said:

Footwork King believes Taylor Hamm can do no wrong.  How the fuck do you think Hamm found out Shep wasnt signing?  They're sucking each others dicks on a nightly basis.  Im curious to know who funded FWK's facility.  

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Well I think we all know who is cleaning the pool at FWK's facility.

Not to get too far off track, but being a "pool boy" can be a very lucrative career decision.

Spoiler

Michael Cohen discussed mysterious $1.8 million loan to pool boy that Jerry Falwell Jr and his wife befriended

Jerry Falwell Jr. confirmed that he loaned $1.8 million to a young pool attendant he and his wife had befriended while staying six years ago at a luxury hotel.

Buzzfeed News had previously reported on a lawsuit that claimed the evangelical leader and his wife had developed a “friendly relationship” in 2012 with Giancarlo Granda, then 21 years old, at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, and Falwell confirmed in a court filing that he helped set up the younger man in business.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/michael-cohen-brokered-mysterious-1-8-million-loan-pool-boy-jerry-falwell-jr-wife-befriended/

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

Not to get too far off track, but being a "pool boy" can be a very lucrative career decision.

Hide contents

Michael Cohen discussed mysterious $1.8 million loan to pool boy that Jerry Falwell Jr and his wife befriended

Jerry Falwell Jr. confirmed that he loaned $1.8 million to a young pool attendant he and his wife had befriended while staying six years ago at a luxury hotel.

Buzzfeed News had previously reported on a lawsuit that claimed the evangelical leader and his wife had developed a “friendly relationship” in 2012 with Giancarlo Granda, then 21 years old, at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, and Falwell confirmed in a court filing that he helped set up the younger man in business.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/michael-cohen-brokered-mysterious-1-8-million-loan-pool-boy-jerry-falwell-jr-wife-befriended/

oh you done it now

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Have to love the aggy logic on our OL recruiting while they are signing JAG's like Barton Clement, Blake Trainer, Jordan Jefferson, ect.

Do these dumb fucks not even look at our classes?

In the 2018 class we signed 5 O linemen and 4 D line men, how on earth these dipshits keep parroting the 7v7 shit is mind boggling.

Edited by Not a Sock

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

You don't need to be a professional to see that a guy who was temporarily suspended from his high school team, is a potential qualifying risk, and has been a bit of a drama queen for the stretch run of his recruitment might be a flake at the college level.

This ^^^

Sometimes the best recruiting result is not signing an overrated player with academic concerns.....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Chrispy said:

TFB just put up an insider note saying that both freshman QB’s have explored transferring. We may need to sign another QB in this class if true. 

Define explored transferring??  Are Rising and Casey now on the NCAA Transfer Portal List like Fields??

Seems like with all the backup QB transfer stuff (see Ga and Clemson this year) that team's probably have to consider recruiting 1-2 Athletes in each Class that could play QB in a pinch.  Was nice to have a player like Heard that could play QB if he was needed.

Clemson had to play their best WR (Renfro) as 3rd string QB  this Season. Think Clemson's next option was a walk-on QB.   Seems like TCU and Iowa State went further in their QB depth charts this Season too.

Would be crazy if Wiley had to practice snaps at QB for Texas next Season.....

Edited by LTtxfan

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

Here's the story on the Hookfin recruitment from someone with sources on the Baylor side.

Hide contents

Here’s the Hookfin story from the way it’s been told to me. Keep in mind this comes from the Baylor side so some of the “facts” may be skewed a bit in their favor. 

Originally, (I don’t have a specific time frame but I’m sure you can dig back into the IT vault and get a good idea based on Justin and Eric’s notes) Hookfin gave Texas a silent commitment which stuck for a bit. 

Baylor had been recruiting IH for a while longer than Texas but Texas is Texas so IH gave the silent to Texas. Baylor’s big pitch to recruits when Texas comes at them late in process is that they’re all backup plans and will all sit for 2-3 years at least. They promised IH he would get on the field for at least four games next season. Texas gave him plans to redshirt and put weight on. 

A handful of weeks ago, Baylor’s staff was able to convince IH to go ahead and take an OV to Waco for a weekend. 

During the weekend (the week before his OV to Texas) they showed IH Texas’ highly ranked commits at tackle and told him of Texas’ plans to find JUCO or grad-transfer help in the short term until these two tackles are ready to go. They basically told him he’d never find meaningful playing time in Austin. Keep in mind they’re telling him all of this while having a tackle commit and also recruiting and eventually signing on NSD a Juco All American tackle. 

During the OV to Baylor, they flipped his silent in favor of Baylor. 

IH went on to Texas for his OV, had a good time but didn’t mention he had flipped to Baylor to the Texas staff. These were Baylor’s instructions to him to keep him from getting the pressure. 

Fast forward to signing day, Texas had heard the rumors of his interest in Baylor but had not been indicated anything from IH and his family, this from what I’ve been told. It doesn’t really all add up to me.

IH had his Baylor LOI ready to sign and tipped off all the Baylor reporters of when he was going to sign but asked them not to disclose the signing as he wanted it to be a surprise. This dip**** from Baylor’s rivals site decides he wants to break the news and tweets that IH will sign with Baylor at whatever time. IH sees the tweet, gets royally pissed off at the reporter and delayed his signing until later that afternoon. 

In the meantime, Texas calls him and his folks at the perfect time when tempers were flared and informs them that Shepherd isn’t planning to sign with Texas during this period and may be looking at other options. They also inform the family that Baylor may be looking at significant NCAA sanctions (some of the Baylor folks are saying that he was told of the death penalty... I heard Bowl bans) and that Rhule is bolting to the Big 10 as soon as he gets his first decent opportunity. I’m sure there were much more to these conversations but these are the bullet points I was given. With this information in hand, IH completely calls off his signing to re-evaluate things. 

He had further talks with both Baylor and Texas, while also getting a call from Alabama sometime during the day to gauge interest. That didn’t get too far. He kicked around the idea for a bit of holding off to NSD2 but didn’t. 

Last night, you saw the Baylor staff go crazy on twitter making noise after he informed them he was signing with Texas. They were pissed off about the negative recruiting BUT what they failed to mention is that IH’s family (not sure if a parent or who) was provided with screenshots of old Zach Smith tweets. They also used the JP and Pat Hudson flips as “evidence” of where he might go to sit on the bench for four years. 

Anyways, yesterday he decided to sign with Texas and make it official.

Great Background on Hookfin Recruitment..... So ok for Baylor to negative recruit, but not ok for Texas to mention possible sanctions coming in Waco or that Rhule has been looking at other jobs......

Ok Cool.  Hook'em 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This ^^^

Sometimes the best recruiting result is not signing an overrated player with academic concerns.....

fuck. that. 

I don’t care if he comes in and never plays a snap because he’s a fat idiot who won’t work out or go to class.  if herman loses him to beta cuck jimbo I want this whole goddamn thing burned to the ground.  take a year off like UAB, start fresh in 2020. 

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Hmm.... the lead in to the quote was this, "That big brother motivation text to @J_Whitt3 before his state game and last high school football game!! Only DOGS UNDERSTAND!! "

Yeah, it's pretty common for players to refer to future upper class teammates as big bro. Pretty sure this is simply an extension of that by an actual big brother happy Jordan will have some guidance while away. Also, the screenshot of the text is Lil with LJ as the icon. You're either older than me or intentionally obtuse.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Yeah, it's pretty common for players to refer to future upper class teammates as big bro. Pretty sure this is simply an extension of that by an actual big brother happy Jordan will have some guidance while away. Also, the screenshot of the text is Lil with LJ as the icon. You're either older than me or intentionally obtuse.

I'm old, we were playing a game last night and we had to look up the meaning of queef,  but probably still faster on a bike than anyone on this board, 😁

8 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

the first half of your name sure does check out. 

20 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

There's not one redeeming thing about your shtick. I will continue to not engage you. Find another tree already.

He's actually right in this case. It's pretty unlikely for that text to be from LJ Humphrey to Jordan Whittington.

Look at the top of the text. It shows who is recipient is. The blue text on the right side of the screen is from the sender, and the gray text on the left side is from the recipient. 

In this case, the recipient is in the sender's contacts as "Lil" with the last name starting with a J. Unless LilJordan Humphrey calls Jordan Whittington "Lil Jordan", then sent a screenshot of his message to Quincy, it is unlikely for it to be from him.

Occam's Razor and all that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Shepherd may be a likely bust, but he's still worth the risk. It's not like he'll be taking a roster spot for 4 years if he doesn't pan out.

With Texas having a smaller Senior Class and fewer quality 3rd year players for early entry to NFL after 2019 Season, looks like attrition might be needed to open more spots for the higher depth of quality players in-state for the 2020 Recruiting Class.....

May not want to take any Roster spot for granted if the player "may be a likely bust"??

Edited by LTtxfan

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

With Texas having a smaller Senior Class and fewer quality 3rd year players for early entry to NFL after 2019 Season, looks like attrition might be needed to open more spots for the higher depth of quality players in-state for the 2020 Recruiting Class.....

May not want to take any Roster spot for granted if the player "may be a likely bust"??

People were saying the same thing about the in-state OL in the 2019 class...

• Fuck You 2

Just now, TXpride said:

People were saying the same thing about the in-state OL in the 2019 class...

I don't remember that. I do remember saying that the DL class in-state is deeper, although there still seems to be a dearth of true blue-chip prospects. 2020 seems to be better across the board, except at tight end and perhaps cornerback.

47 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He's actually right in this case. It's pretty unlikely for that text to be from LJ Humphrey to Jordan Whittington.

Look at the top of the text. It shows who is recipient is. The blue text on the right side of the screen is from the sender, and the gray text on the left side is from the recipient. 

In this case, the recipient is in the sender's contacts as "Lil" with the last name starting with a J. Unless LilJordan Humphrey calls Jordan Whittington "Lil Jordan", then sent a screenshot of his message to Quincy, it is unlikely for it to be from him.

Occam's Razor and all that.

Fair enough. Glanced at fairly quickly and saw the Lil'Jordan at the top and assumed it was the guy with that name, not a nickname. You'll have to forgive me for assuming it was typical futureman post rather than an actual observation. My apologies to alphahorn for leading him astray.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Like 3

Someone posted yesterday that apparently the kid is only 6’ or 6’1” and that’s why interest has waned among big programs. Have no idea if that complete bullshit or not - but his offer list is pretty underwhelming.

Appears to be picking up a lot of interest going into NSD2.

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Someone posted yesterday that apparently the kid is only 6’ or 6’1” and that’s why interest has waned among big programs. Have no idea if that complete bullshit or not - but his offer list is pretty underwhelming.

Appears to be picking up a lot of interest going into NSD2.

He's been talked about quite a bit on the jawja boards and that's always what the consensus comes down to - he's simply too short and doesn't have a lot of length.

Edited by satyanash

23 hours ago, Machinator said:

You don't need to be a professional to see that a guy who was temporarily suspended from his high school team, is a potential qualifying risk, and has been a bit of a drama queen for the stretch run of his recruitment might be a flake at the college level.

You don't know that and probably neither does anyone else. This is a young man who is 17 and being pulled in different directions by grown ups.  Maybe he doesn't have a good support system like many kids so. Maybe his school doesn't have great resources to give him extra academic support like many schools do.  We have had kids suspended. Are they flakes?  You have had kids in college and the pros that have committed crimes.  Is this kid that bad. Why is he a drama queen. Because he hasn't picked our school yet? Some kids honestly don't know what to do. This may be the young man's first major life decision and all of this is new to him.

Why don't we give this young man a chance. Regardless of where he goes, lets see if college works. Lets see what he does when he has a support system. Lets see what happens when he has academic support and lets see what happens when he is around teammates and coaches that will give him a hug when appropriate and will kick his ass when he needs it.

Having said that, if you or anyone else actually knows the young man well, I will defer to you.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Babytime said:

He is a take because Demas.

I think he's very much a take on his own merits. That said, I'm curious from the Demas angle (which seems reasonable) -- what if JS is every bit the headcase that ppl project him to be and he flames out in spectacular fashion as a freshman. Do we think the school that JS had a bad experience with is in better or worse shape for Demas at that  point?