Texas recruiting notes 2019

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If he gets an NCAA waiver, it's going to open the floodgates at SC and dump a barrel of gasoline on that dumpster fire. 

Don't see many other of their other recruits jumping ship from their nearby childhood dream school to go somewhere else... If by floodgates we are talking 1 than maybe.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The best part is that if they sign all 4 of those guys, they all count as counters for their 2019 class even when they don't qualify.

I'm surprised Ellison hasn't decommitted yet. Surely A&M won't sign him, will they? It'd be a huge risk of wasting a counter.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Don't see many other of their other recruits jumping ship from their nearby childhood dream school to go somewhere else...

I wouldn't be so sure. If Bru jumps that would mean SC got zero out of eight 3, 4, 5 stars from Mater Dei. Doesn't seem like the "nearby dream school" angle is working that well. 

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think they're going to add either the Russell TN LB or Jay Ward CB from GA. Either one would drop their ranking AND their average, but they have DIRE needs at those spots. They shouldn't be jacking with Shep at all but: Aggy -- instead they should be throwing numbers at these spots. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Christopher-Russell-46055435/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jay-Ward-46051893/

Here's their current - schollie attrition breakdown ::  

Aggy-Depth-Chart-Attritiono1232019.png

Adding a new recruit can never drop your ranking. It drops your average of they're worse than your current average, but 247 only grants diminishing returns on the addition of recruits not negative points.

5 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

It doesn’t take cajones to operate in an environment with no consequences

Eh. Losing followers is a consequence.

Seems like the account in question is making a gamble, though. If it happens they get to say "I was the first to call it!" If it doesn't, delete it and move on. 

The other funny thing about alll this talk of aggy having the #3 class in the nation is that it’s actually the lowest rated #3 class ever since 247 started publishing its own rankings. There’s also never been this small of a gap between #3 and #9. This year, it’s UGA and Bama with classes over 300 and then aggy #3(284) through #9 Clemson (275), so the difference between being #3 and even #9 is pretty marginal. 

For reference, our #3 class last year had a score over 300 and #9 OU sucks had a score of 276. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Adding a new recruit can never drop your ranking. It drops your average of they're worse than your current average, but 247 only grants diminishing returns on the addition of recruits not negative points.

They only have two spots to sign, so they’d have to drop one or both of their 2 4 star DL to add any of the other guys, so their class score would go down.

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The other funny thing about alll this talk of aggy having the #3 class in the nation is that it’s actually the lowest rated #3 class ever since 247 started publishing its own rankings. There’s also never been this small of a gap between #3 and #9. This year, it’s UGA and Bama with classes over 300 and then aggy #3(284) through #9 Clemson (275), so the difference between being #3 and even #9 is pretty marginal. 

For reference, our #3 class last year had a score over 300 and #9 OU sucks had a score of 276. 

That's good stuff, thanks

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

giphy.gif

Good stuff.

Edited by Telegraph_it

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Brusing my religion
Trying to keep up with Bru
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no, I've said Bru much
I haven't said enough

I thought that I heard Bru laughing
I thought that I heard Bru sing
I think I thought I saw Bru try

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

USC 9.95ers trying to break it gently to the masses while putting absurd positive spin on the move?  Check.

Social media news cycle-escalation response dragging things into the open?  Check.

Teammates saying goodbye in a public forum?  Check.

Triangulation or in Mensa-speak Alignment.  Things are definitely happening.  They're real and they're spectacular.

• Like 1