Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Like 80% of what JUCOs care about is playing time, and we have four LBs already in the class, including another JUCO. Not the easiest sell. 

From what I can see, Arkansas only has 1 LBer commit (mid 3 star). 

We were always playing from behind here because it was obvious Henry really cared about the depth chart/early playing time. 

1 minute ago, Kill Switch said:

I'm really hoping we can land a grad transfer RB now, i doubt Brown will make it back as a player this season.  We can't go into next year with just 3 RBS.  

As has been covered ad infinitum, yes the staff wants one - and we wanted one before Brown's blood clot..

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

In the scheme of things that’s actually not a bad time to take off in tax. Late summer and early fall are much worse. Depends on your group and clients. Point taken though.

Also, who gets married in February unless you’re trying to ball on a budget?

I've been to a wedding in Brazil in February. (Went early to Rio, the wedding was in São Paulo, then after the work week in São Paulo, I went down to an island for "Carnaval" -Portuguese spelling)

I've been to a wedding in Slane Castle (Ireland) in February. U2 recorded some of their "Unforgettable Fire" album there and there is an annual festival on its grounds down by the River Boyne. Traveled to the western side of the country for a few days before returning to Dublin to watch the big 6 Nations match vs England that was being held in Croke Park... though couldn't get a ticket, so watched it in the Stag's Head near Trinity College.

Last year I went to El Salvador for a wedding in February. Everyone stayed in rented houses around a caldera and there was a beautiful late afternoon ceremony with the setting sun and the water behind the priest and then the reception turned into a bit of a rave. (Not unusual for that international crew who mostly know each other through the expat community in Buenos Aires.)

I've had pretty good luck with February weddings. I think that I missed one in New Orleans back in the early 2000s and perhaps one in Ecuador around that time (can't remember exactly), but my experiences were midweek quickies in Vegas.

22 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Saved him the embarrassment of having nobody else in the business show up. They all have a convenient excuse now

Every single poster on this site would go to his wedding reception just for the lulz if it were in their city. There are probably more than a handful here that would give a toast after several drinks. 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I've been to a wedding in Brazil in February. (Went early to Rio, the wedding was in São Paulo, then after the work week in São Paulo, I went down to an island for "Carnaval" -Portuguese spelling)

I've been to a wedding in Slane Castle (Ireland) in February. U2 recorded some of their "Unforgettable Fire" album there and there is an annual festival on its grounds down by the River Boyne. Traveled to the western side of the country for a few days before returning to Dublin to watch the big 6 Nations match vs England that was being held in Croke Park... though couldn't get a ticket, so watched it in the Stag's Head near Trinity College.

Last year I went to El Salvador for a wedding in February. Everyone stayed in rented houses around a caldera and there was a beautiful late afternoon ceremony with the setting sun and the water behind the priest and then the reception turned into a bit of a rave. (Not unusual for that international crew who mostly know each other through the expat community in Buenos Aires.)

I've had pretty good luck with February weddings. I think that I missed one in New Orleans back in the early 2000s and perhaps one in Ecuador around that time (can't remember exactly), but my experiences were midweek quickies in Vegas.

Solid matrimonial humblebrag right there. 

FYI, the last wedding I attended was 25 miles outside Rome. Wasn’t going to miss that one. Too bad it was Georgia. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Might be tough since Jam Master Jay is dead.

My teenagers lost their damn minds during Travis Scott with Spongebob.

Sicko Mode is a great song IMO

last time I checked Jay didnt do lyrics. youre acting like we are talking about Journey. we dont have some efeminate Phillipino on vocals.

Run-DMC would be fronted by the original vocals. 

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I stand by my statement.

Sorry, Tex, this is wrong.  Dead wrong.  I saw Public Enemy perform an amazing 3.5 hour show that didn't start until 1a.m. that was the tits.  I liked Outkast, but they didn't reinvent the wheel.  The Sugar Hill Gang, Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash were all good, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Rap before Outkast mostly sucked. Sorry bro.

Naw.

public enemy, tribe called quest, NWA, Tupac, ODB, wu tang, cypress hill.  

It was a different era of rap/hip-hop for sure, the early years. But to say all rap sucked back then probably means you weren't around/listening then. 

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Naw.

public enemy, tribe called quest, NWA, Tupac, ODB, wu tang, cypress hill.  

It was a different era of rap/hip-hop for sure, the early years. But to say all rap sucked back then probably means you weren't around/listening then. 

Digital Underground was my jam.

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I have no idea why we're discussing pre-95 rap, but here's some Public Enemy. Chuck D slaying it start to finish:

We're discussing it because texifornia has been posting shitty takes today namely about rap music.

Edited by UDontKnow