Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 hours ago, deech said:

I was confident based on the Fuck A&M thing until FWK posted the horns on Twitter. 

49 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

x2   

In the conversation for biggest troll job ever if he flips.  Not in the mood for that.

I distrust that whole setup and will not be surprised by a troll job.

6 hours ago, deech said:

I was confident based on the Fuck A&M thing until FWK posted the horns on Twitter. 

We might be able to tell if he's picking Texas based on if A&M let's Mowry, Smith, and the linebacker sign before Shepherd signs, because they only have room for three, and Shepherd is scheduled to sign at 1pm

9 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

Thanks guys. 

Basically a big FU to aggy. Got it. No wonder chin pubes hates his ass. Love it.

Well, it may also have to do his name and our last game with them, too. Carrington's Byndom's 58 yd Pick 6 may get lost in the shuffle of the Hero Derp run and Justin's clutch FG, and this dumbass may get them confused

Edited by PsychMike

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Apparently Bru got 5 votes (tied with the most), Whittington got 1, and Smith got 1

insider.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/25927439/the-best-2019-college-football-prospects-according-65-coaches

Hopefully someone will come along with the full article, I'd like to read the comments. 

1. The best 2019 college football prospects according to 65 coaches
    8:00 AM CT
    • Adam Rittenberg
    • Tom VanHaaren

The first Wednesday in February doesn't carry the suspense it once did, but it's still represents a milestone. This year, it's the chance to put a bow on the 2019 recruiting class.

Most of the class signed in December and most coaches spent recent weeks focusing on 2020 and even 2021 prospects. But with the final signing period for the 2019 approaching, we asked coaches to reflect on the very top of the class.

We polled head coaches, coordinators, position coaches and personnel directors to identify the top 2019 recruits and why they stood out so much. We reached out to coaches from every Power 5 conference as well as some Group of Five coaches for input, mindful that not everyone evaluates the same set of recruits or position groups. We granted coaches anonymity as most selected recruits who signed elsewhere. We received responses from 65 people, tallied the votes and, to account for recent job changes, sorted voters according to their roles when recruiting these players.

The results were revealing. LSU should survive without Greedy Williams. Michigan's secondary also has a chance to reload. And there's a reason why Bru McCoy's post-signing switch made national news.

Five votes
    [IMG]CB Derek Stingley Jr.
    6-foot-1, 193 pounds
    Baton Rouge, La./The Dunham School
    Signed: LSU

Stingley received five votes from coaches in the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC. He is the top-ranked cornerback in the class and has already enrolled at LSU. He was allowed to participate in LSU's bowl practice and did not disappoint. With Greedy Williams moving on to the NFL, Stingley has an opportunity to play right away, and judging from the chatter in Baton Rouge, that very well might happen.

SEC assistant: "I thought he had elite playmaking ability, athleticism and competitiveness that would allow him to come in and compete right away. That, combined with him practically being younger than everyone in the class, made me think the sky was the limit."

Big Ten assistant: "He's a freak."

[IMG]ATH Bru McCoy
    6-foot-3, 205 pounds
    Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei
    Committed: Texas

McCoy originally signed with USC and enrolled early, but backed out of that pledge and wound up at Texas. He's the top-ranked athlete in the class and could be used on offense or defense. He is likely a wide receiver or safety in college, but among the four coaches who voted for McCoy from the Big 12 and Pac-12, one even said he thought McCoy could grow into an edge rusher. Ranked No. 27 overall, McCoy was a huge, late get for Tom Herman and his staff no matter where he ends up playing on the field.

Pac-12 assistant: "Most versatile player I saw. Great ball skills; could play both offense and defense. Great frame, ran well, ultimate competitor, winner, perfect teammate."

Second Pac-12 assistant: "Bru McCoy might be the best all-around football player in the class. Can bend the edge, has some speed to power capabilities. All-league wide receiver with a bona fide potential to be a special player as an edge rusher."

Four votes
    [IMG]DB Daxton Hill
    6-foot-1, 187 pounds
    Tulsa, Oklahoma/Booker T. Washington
    Signed: Michigan

Hill received four votes, tied for second-most of any player in this poll, from Big Ten, Pac 12 and Big 12 assistant coaches and a director of player personnel. Hill is a five-star prospect, ranked No. 13 overall and, like McCoy, is a legitimate threat on offense or defense. Michigan plans to play him at safety, but his athleticism could allow him to help out in multiple areas.

Pac-12 assistant: "Daxton Hill is about as clean a player as you'll see. Verified times; tape validates it. Good background. A human Swiss army knife as far as where you can put him and what his skill set allows him to do."

[IMG]RB Trey Sanders
    6-foot, 216 pounds
    Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy
    Signed: Alabama

Sanders is the No. 2 ranked running back in this class, ranked No. 16 overall, and was a huge target for most of the major programs. He committed to Alabama, decommitted then recommitted and signed with the Tide during the early signing period. He received three votes from Big 12 and Pac-12 assistants in this poll. Sanders proclaimed during his announcement on ESPN that he would win the Heisman Trophy as a true freshman next season. That might not happen, but he has a chance to be another top running back at Alabama.

Pac-12 assistant: "I think he is special. Explosive, does it all. If he stays healthy, he has a chance to be a top-five [NFL draft] pick."

Three votes
    DT DeMarvin Leal
    6-foot-4, 275 pounds
    Converse, Texas/Judson
    Signed: Texas A&M

Leal is an outstanding defensive tackle prospect in this class, ranked No. 60 overall and fulfilling a need for the Aggies along the defensive line. He had offers from nearly every major program in the country and received three votes in this poll for the top player overall. Leal is part of a great defensive haul for Jimbo Fisher and his staff, and a prospect who should be able to contribute very early in his career.

SEC defensive assistant: "DeMarvin Leal was a freak every time we saw him, either in a camp or at a game. He was the best I saw."

[IMG]DE Kayvon Thibodeaux
    6-foot-5, 234 pounds
    Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian
    Signed: Oregon

Thibodeaux is the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2019 class, so it's not surprising to see him come up on this list. He has an excellent combination of size, speed and burst off the edge that should translate to the college game. The top-ranked recruit received three total votes from coaches in the Big Ten, Pac-12 and a Power 5 assistant. He is one of six ESPN 300 commitments for the Ducks from California and an example of Oregon's commitment to recruiting the state. Defenses can always use pass rushers, and as an early enrollee, Thibodeaux could see playing time very early in Eugene.

Big Ten assistant: "No question. Kayvon was just so explosive."

Power 5 offensive assistant: "Freaky athleticism and length."

[IMG]WR Jadon Haselwood
    6-foot-3, 189 pounds
    Ellenwood, Georgia/Cedar Grove
    Signed: Oklahoma

Haselwood is the No. 1 receiver in the class and received three votes from ACC and Big 12 assistants. He was at one point committed to Georgia but backed off that pledge and ultimately signed with Oklahoma. He's a tall, smooth receiver who should fit right in with the Sooners' offense and could be a replacement for Marquise Brown, who left for the NFL draft. Ranked No. 6 overall and a five-star prospect, Haselwood has the potential to be a very productive receiver in Norman.

ACC offensive assistant: "He's just a ballplayer. Great route-runner. Tough and can make all the catches."

Second ACC assistant: "Physically dominant. Won't overwhelm you with speed, but will win with toughness, physicality, body control and ball skills. Plays the position like a defensive player." Big 12 offensive assistant: "Teams have been recruiting him hard for three years for a reason. He's a dynamic receiver, but some people think he's a better safety."

Two votes
    [IMG]DE Nolan Smith
    6-foot-3, 234 pounds
    Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy
    Signed: Georgia

Smith is the No. 2 ranked prospect in the class and received two votes in this poll from ACC and Pac-12 assistant coaches. He's a versatile prospect who is bringing his pass-rush abilities to Georgia. One of the few areas Georgia is losing starters from the current roster is at defensive end, so Smith should have an opportunity to make an early impact. He has good size already, but will need to add to his frame to match up with SEC offensive tackles, which could take more than one season.

Pac-12 player personnel director: "You don't see a lot of people that can move the way Nolan Smith does at his size. Plus, he has the speed to power game and has only gotten better with every year."

WR Drake London
    6-foot-4, 205 pounds
    Moorpark, Calif./Moorpark
    Signed: USC

London is unique in that he is a four-star recruit in both football and basketball. He signed with USC to play both sports, and is a much-needed addition on the field for the Trojans with a good combination of size and speed. He received two votes in this poll, unsurprisingly, from Pac-12 assistant coaches. His size and catching ability will be a big asset for him next season, especially with new offensive coordinator Graham Harrell, who will air the ball out plenty.

Pac-12 offensive coordinator: "Freak overall athlete. A real dude in basketball and football, which is very rare. He has a bright future."

Pac-12 assistant: "Kid is going to be special. Size, speed and can go get the jump ball. He's just scratching the surface."

[IMG]OT Darnell Wright
    6-foot-6, 300 pounds
    Huntington, W.Va./Huntington
    Uncommitted

Wright, ESPN's highest-rated unsigned prospect, is the biggest prize of February signing day. He generated plenty of buzz at the Under Armour All-America Game, winning one-on-one competitions with top defensive linemen in the 2019 class. Tennessee has long been seen as the favorite to land Wright, but many other schools remain in pursuit. He received votes from a Power 5 head coach and an ACC offensive coordinator.

Power 5 head coach: "He's got a chance to be special. Huge hands, long arms. He's as ready to play high-level, Division I football as any offensive lineman I've seen. You could knock the competition, but he was dominant at the Under Armour Game."

[IMG]ATH Jordan Whittington
    6-foot-1, 198 pounds
    Cuero, Texas/Cuero
    Signed: Texas

Whittington is listed as an athlete, but will play receiver at Texas. That label is loose, though, because Whittington is the definition of versatile. In this year's state championship game, Whittington had 43 receiving yards, 334 rushing yards, six total touchdowns, 11 tackles and won both offensive and defensive MVP. He did all of that in one game. He will bring a level of athleticism to Texas that the Longhorns don't yet have on offense.

One vote
    S Kyle Hamilton
    Atlanta/Marist
    No. 10 safety, No. 165 overall

Big Ten offensive assistant: "Long, physical, rangy in the post."

[IMG]WR Theo Wease Jr.
    Allen, Texas/Allen
    No. 3 wide receiver, No. 33 overall

Big Ten head coach: "Best combination of size, athleticism and speed. He shined against very good competition."

[IMG]RB Jerrion Ealy
    Jackson, Miss/Jackson Preparatory
    Uncommitted
    No. 3 running back. No. 19 overall

SEC offensive assistant: "Explosiveness, overall athlete. Dominated the All-America Game and can probably get drafted in baseball right now."

[IMG]LB Nakobe Dean
    Horn Lake, Miss./Horn Lake
    No. 3 outside linebacker, No. 24 overall

SEC defensive assistant: "Size, speed, physically dominant. Dean was a man in Mississippi."

[IMG]LB Owen Pappoe
    Loganville, Ga./Grayson
    Signed: Auburn
    No. 1 outside linebacker, No. 3 overall

SEC player personnel director: "He reminded me of a created player on a video game. His quickness off the line, speed and he's very powerful. Looks very technically sound already."

ATH Wandale Robinson
    Frankfort, Ky./Western Hills
    Signed: Nebraska
    No. 21 athlete, No. 244 overall

Big Ten offensive assistant: "Despite his height, he was freakishly strong, freakishly quick and made plays in all three phases of the game. He was the most dynamic player I saw out there, and will be in the mold of a Rondale Moore when he gets to college."

CB Travis Jay
    Madison, Fla./Madison County
    Committed: Florida State
    No. 14 cornerback, No. 161 overall

SEC offensive assistant: "Guy is unreal. Ball skills, speed, athletic ability, change of direction, size. I don't know if he's No. 1, but every single person is sleeping on him."

[IMG]DT Siaki Ika
    Salt Lake City/East
    No. 15 defensive tackle, No. 185 overall

Power 5 head coach: "He's a freaking beast: 6-4, 350, not fat, big and strong as an ox. He's just a man-child. You shake his hand, it's like you had a bear paw."

WR Puka Nacua
    East Orem, Utah/Orem
    Committed: USC
    No. 42 wide receiver, No. 298 overall

Pac-12 defensive assistant: "Great ball skills, great body control, has good size, attacks the ball in the air as well."

CB Akeem Dent
    Wellington, Fla./Palm Beach Central
    Signed: Florida State
    No. 10 cornerback, No. 93 overall

Big Ten defensive assistant: "Physical, fast and tough. He has all the qualities of a kid that is going to play for a long time. Plays the game really hard."

[IMG]WR Frank Ladson Jr.
    Homestead, Fla./South Dade
    Signed: Clemson
    No. 5 wide receiver, No. 3 overall

Big Ten offensive coordinator: "Incredible ball skills and production against great competition."

WR Joe Ngata
    Folsom, Calif./Folsom
    No. 23 wide receiver, No. 159 overall

Pac-12 offensive assistant: "Has ridiculous size and speed combination, but still has a lot of growth potential. Could be a scary athlete in two years."

[IMG]C Zeke Correll
    Cincinnati/Anderson
    Signed: Notre Dame
    No. 4 center, No. 148 overall

Big Ten assistant: "He was the toughest kid I came across this recruiting cycle and is nasty. A finish in everything he does. I think he will be really good."

DE Sylvain Yondjouen
    Belgium
    Signed: Georgia Tech
    No. 79 defensive end

Group of 5 coach: "If he was in high school in America, he would've been a 70-offer guy."

QB Kaiden Bennett
    Folsom, Calif./Folsom
    Signed: Boise State
    No. 30 dual-threat quarterback

Group of Five head coach: "His blend of production, pure arm talent and mobility were off the charts in our opinion. We felt he was a program difference-maker. Showed skill sets similar to Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes."

DT Antonio Alfano
    Colonia, N.J./Colonia
    No. 1 defensive tackle, No. 28 overall
    Picked by: SEC offensive coordinator

RB John Emery
    Destrehan, La./Destrehan
    No. 1 running back, No. 11 overall
    Picked by: ACC defensive coordinator

C Clay Webb
    Oxford, Ala./Oxford
    No. 1 center, No. 14 overall
    Picked by: Big 12 offensive assistant

DE Zach Harrison
    Lewis Center, Ohio/Olentangy Orange
    Signed: Ohio State
    No. 3 defensive end, No. 10 overall
    Picked by: SEC director of player personnel

QB Bo Nix
    Pinson, Ala./Pinson Valley
    Signed: Auburn
    No. 2 pocket passer, No. 23 overall
    Picked by: Power 5 offensive coordinator

QB Spencer Rattler
    Phoenix/Pinnacle
    No. 1 dual-threat QB/No. 29 overall
    Picked by: Big 12 offensive coordinator

DE Travon Walker
    Thomason, Ga./Upson-Lee
    No. 6 defensive end, No. 46 overall
    Picked by: SEC offensive coach

LB Marcel Brooks
    Flower Mound, Texas/Marcus
    No. 8 outside linebacker, No. 86 overall
    Picked by: American Athletic Conference coordinator

QB Sam Howell
    Monroe, N.C./Sun Valley
    Signed: North Carolina
    No. 7 pocket passer, No. 120 overall
    Picked by: Big 12 offensive coordinator

WR Jake Smith
    Scottsdale, Ariz./Notre Dame Prep
    Signed: Texas
    No. 10 wide receiver, No. 76 overall
    Picked by: Big 12 offensive assistant

LB Rian Davis
    Apopka, Fla./Wekiva
    No. 9 outside linebacker, No. 102 overall
    Picked by: SEC offensive assistant

S Demani Richardson
    Waxahachie, Texas/ Waxahachie
    Signed: Texas A&M
    No. 8 safety, No. 138 overall
    Picked by: SEC offensive assistant

CB Andrew Booth
    Lawrenceville, Ga./Archer
    No. 3 cornerback, No. 34 overall
    Picked by: Big Ten defensive assistant

WR Craig Young
    Fort Wayne, Ind./Wayne
    Signed: Ohio State
    No. 97 wide receiver
    Picked by: MAC head coach

LB Jestin Jacobs
    Clayton, Ohio/Northmont Senior
    Signed: Iowa
    No. 39 linebacker
    Picked by: Big Ten director of player personnel

• Like 6

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

@Fud what's LSU's projected finish?

It appears that Miami is snaking Christian Williams from LSU

I don't think LSU is letting Parker sign due to qualification and other character issues. I think they're letting Hampton sign (it was a question due to baseball)

They're landing Devonta Lee, he's been a silent for awhile, although so was Williams

I think they're whiffing on the non-Sopsher DL they're after. Sopsher info has been going back and forth and I quit following. The original info over a year ago was that he was a silent to Bama and was going to wait until the second NSD, so I'll just go with that

They might take a 3* TE out of Georgia if they have room; Garmon Randolph

Jay Ward has been mentioned as a late addition from random posters, but not sure how good that info is 

Landing Lee and Randolph, signing Hampton, not letting Parker sign, and missing on everyone else including Sopher puts them at 279, easily below us. Landing Sopher in this scenario puts them at 286.79, which is below us but above A&M. If they add anyone else, especially one of the other DL, they probably jump us

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't think LSU is letting Parker sign due to qualification and other character issues. I think they're letting Hampton sign (it was a question due to baseball)

They're landing Devonta Lee, he's been a silent for awhile, although so was Williams

I think they're whiffing on the non-Sopsher DL they're after. Sopsher info has been going back and forth and I quit following. The original info over a year ago was that he was a silent to Bama and was going to wait until the second NSD, so I'll just go with that

Jay Ward has been mentioned as a late addition from random posters, but not sure how good that info is 

Landing Lee and Randolph, signing Hampton, not letting Parker sign, and missing on everyone else including Sopher puts them at 279, easily below us. Landing Sopher in this scenario puts them at 286.79, which is below us but above A&M. If they add anyone else, especially one of the other DL, they probably jump us

NOLA.com said the other day that LSU wasn’t taking Parker anymore.

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

That scenario where they're below us but above A&M is the dream lmao

13 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Not sure why he waste's his time doing his own rankings when he is part of Rivals. It's no Luicci 44. 

Better than publishing a blatant lie or a story concocted from bullshit which detrimentally impacts recruiting or the team.  Fat Ketch...please create all the lists you want in the world you fat fraudulent piece of shit.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Sanders proclaimed during his announcement on ESPN that he would win the Heisman Trophy as a true freshman next season.

What a dumbass.  He literally picked the one school in the country where there's no way he'll get enough playing time to have a shot at that. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not saying anything about the wife-to-be, she's not a public figure, but holy shit he wore THAT to get married in????

Proof that money doesn't buy taste and that spending all the money you own on names is fucking stupid. A tuxedo may well have been cheaper than his fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

wait, this is the guy that gets retweeted on this board about texas recruiting?

what the fuck?

we may have lost the upper hand in the making fun of taylor hamm and billy luicci battle.  what a fucking douchebag. 

To be fair, SMU alumni. The relationship we have with him is forced.