Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I started calling EJ Holland a know-nothing hack of an assclown on 24/7 3 years ago when he showed up. He was mobbed for autographs by the likes of LotusHorn, VaHorn and other goobers of their ilk. This all because he was a 23 year old hired to cover recruits for a UT site.

He knew jack shit, but he was going to act entitled and tell you how fucking hard he worked and how smart he was. So I mocked him on an ongoing basis and he had the thinnest skin of any of these dildos this side of Taylor Hamm. He exploded one day after I told him he had made a lazy take, not that he was lazy. He cyber-bawled, locked the thread when I came back at him with facts and logic, and then started a new thread calling me a dipshit for challenging him. I responded, went to the account information section and deleted my credit card info, changed my password to something I'd never remember, and logged out.

I was one of the first posters on that site in support of what Howe and Burton were doing and promoted it on Shaggy. It was obvious then, but it is nonetheless more gratifying now, to see what a complete and utter dipshit this fucking dork is. To boot, I think his football takes get worse every time I see something new from him. He's a shill for the street agents and more or less has complete and utter disdain for his subscriber base, who's too stupid to see that or address it. When he's off to cover gossip some day for a local DFW blog or something, I have no doubt he'll continue to do substandard work even there. 

Does he even watch college sports? I don't think he does.

E.J. Holland: Final predictions for Texas ahead of NSD

National signing day is almost here. The mega-recruiting event has lost some of its shine due to the early signing period. But Wednesday could still be fun for the Longhorns. So who’s left on the board? As it stands, the last two targets on the board are four-star junior college inside linebacker Lakia Henry and four-star Houston North Forest offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd. NSD predictions have become tradition around these parts, so let’s go ahead and dive into them.

ILB Lakia Henry, Dodge City C.C.

Henry committed to Tennessee in the fall but backed out of his verbal pledge to the Volunteers in early January. And that reopened the door for Texas. The Longhorns never stopped recruiting him, and defensive coordinator Todd Orlando built a strong relationship with him throughout the process. Texas hosted Henry for his final official visit. But while things went well, we still feel like Henry wants to play in the SEC. There is a hump of an academic credit, but we are told that Arkansas and Ole Miss have things figured out there. By the way, Arkansas hosted Henry for an unofficial visit following his OV to Texas. It would be a surprise if he sides with Texas.

Prediction: Arkansas

OL Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest

Shepherd has been committed to Texas since July, but his recruitment has been nothing short of a whirlwind. Shepherd visited Texas A&M after giving the Longhorns a verbal pledge and did not sign with Texas during the early period. Texas A&M also hosted Shepherd for an official visit in early January and created some momentum in his recruitment. However, Texas did a great job of negating that over the weekend. Alabama and Georgia also hosted him for official visits, but we’ve heard distance is a factor. The fact that Texas got him on campus last speaks volumes, and we feel the Longhorns have done enough to keep him.

Prediction: Texas

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I had to google Heron Preston. Their T-shirts range from $285-400. Macklamore just shit a golden CloseToJumping. Holy Fuck. 

I had no idea it was even remotely possible to think even less of EJ than I did before. How does someone like Burton, who I presume at least has some business acumen hire this guy as a representative of his business? 

10 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Is this a serious post?

No. There's an alleged history (non-romantic dinner, to be clear) between the 2 that CTJ denies. I believe the consensus is that EJ is mistaken (in this scenario, and in all other life choices).

20 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

No. There's an alleged history (non-romantic dinner, to be clear) between the 2 that CTJ denies. I believe the consensus is that EJ is mistaken (in this scenario, and in all other life choices).

SLX was the one who went to the dinner.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not saying anything about the wife-to-be, she's not a public figure, but holy shit he wore THAT to get married in????

Legit, EJ looks super high in this pic. His eyes are bloodshot and he has that glazed look. I cannot imagine how the wife was OK with this unless they are pouring every bit of their money into an epic honeymoon, which isn't a bad strategy imo. 

Edited by Vertigo

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Legit, EJ looks super high in this pic. His eyes are bloodshot and he has that glazed look. I cannot imagine how the wife was OK with this unless they are pouring every bit of their money into cat sweaters, which is a horrible idea imo.  

FIFY