Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

Just a reminder..... If you are visiting your local HEB and it's not a "Plus" with the wide aisles.   Prepare to have a shit fit the next few days.   I thought going early this morning to get all of our Thanksgiving stuff would avoid all the personal shopper blue carts, the stockers, and some of the olds riding around in their electric carts.  

NOPE....   

22 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Just a reminder..... If you are visiting your local HEB and it's not a "Plus" with the wide aisles.   Prepare to have a shit fit the next few days.   I thought going early this morning to get all of our Thanksgiving stuff would avoid all the personal shopper blue carts, the stockers, and some of the olds riding around in their electric carts.  

NOPE....   

was why I went yesterday during the day. Easy peasy 

On Forbes list of largest privately held companies, HEB clocked in at 5th with annual revenues at $43B. While there are many other factors to consider, valuation rule of thumb for grocery stores is 33% of sales, putting their valuation at $14B

Edited by TonyTexas

• 3 weeks later...

Hudson Oaks shoppers beware. They have started the expansion on our store. The doors to the pharmacy side have been closed off and they’re tearing up the drive through pharmacy. I assume as they remove walls that side is going to be hell for a bit. Went yesterday and it was pretty tight. I’d imagine somewhere else may be better for one’s sanity for a bit.

7 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Hudson Oaks shoppers beware. They have started the expansion on our store. The doors to the pharmacy side have been closed off and they’re tearing up the drive through pharmacy. I assume as they remove walls that side is going to be hell for a bit. Went yesterday and it was pretty tight. I’d imagine somewhere else may be better for one’s sanity for a bit.

Are they expanding to the left or right if you’re facing the store. Was there last Wednesday, but they hadn’t started anything yet. 

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I'm kind of pissed that I've seen people at the Frisco HEB getting $4.99/lb rib roast deals.  Have never, ever seen any shit like that in Central Texas.  

Yep. The pickings have been thin the last few day.

We've decided to go with Tri tip instead.   

On 12/21/2023 at 9:49 AM, Bolero88 said:

The spicy pork ones are great. The jalapeno and cheese are really good too. 

Good to hear, we got the regular pork and the jalapeño and cheese for Christmas dinner at home. Easy dinner to have after doing the big family Christmas dinner at lunch. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I went looking for prime filets at Costco yesterday, because they have them for $30 lb. No luck, and they aren’t getting any more in before Christmas. So, had to get some at HEB for $40 lb. Whatever, it’s Christmas, but still.

I think filets are the least impacted of the prime grade steak family. A lot of steakhouses don’t even bother to offer them. 

• Like 2

I went to HEB for a whole packer brisket yesterday, hoping to get their Prime grade ($4.67/lb).  No dice.  The butcher said he had one Wagyu brisket in the back, at roughly twice the price per pound.  He brought that thing out, it was just shy of 20 lb.  $162.  Uh, no.

Tried 2 Randalls, nothing.  Finally found a Prime brisket at the HEB on Burnet.  Austin is getting slammed.  (Did get a nice choice grade 3-bone ribeye roast at Randalls, though.  It's a beauty.)

I think filets are the least impacted of the prime grade steak family. A lot of steakhouses don’t even bother to offer them. 

I agree…I usually don’t cook filets, prefer other cuts. But that’s what the family wants, and there is SOME difference in the quality when you go prime, so I’ll do it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Randalls ended up $9.99/lb for some damn good looking Choice 3-bone ribeye roast.  I'll take it.  I had to go to 3 stores to find a brisket.  (Found a 14 lb Prime at HEB on Burnet Road.)

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I went to HEB for a whole packer brisket yesterday, hoping to get their Prime grade ($4.67/lb).  No dice.  The butcher said he had one Wagyu brisket in the back, at roughly twice the price per pound.  He brought that thing out, it was just shy of 20 lb.  $162.  Uh, no.

Tried 2 Randalls, nothing.  Finally found a Prime brisket at the HEB on Burnet.  Austin is getting slammed.  (Did get a nice choice grade 3-bone ribeye roast at Randalls, though.  It's a beauty.)

9102458f-e15d-4fb6-86d5-75d075647054_text.gif.bff7f2501977df2de21a9dbe13125176.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

The best thing about the holidays is that I have been to Central Market once, Whole Foods once, HEB twice, and Trader Joe’s twice all in the last 48 hours, #disorganized

Similar, starting at HEB at 6:45am. 

Total Wine on Memorial at 3pm was the worst. Total zoo.