LSU @ Texas series

Armypilot

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So glad we got that win. I’ve got zero faith in Henley tomorrow and who knows with Cobb.  Maybe Blair will be motivated tomorrow. 

I don't have much faith in Henley or Cobb but LSU is also starting two true FR arms on Saturday and Sunday. 

Hill and Marceaux are really talented but they're freshman. 

This team can hit. Nice to see after years of declining Augie small ball. 

On another note, I don’t trust Henley. He looks like the bad guy from an 80s rom com - the college guy with the sports car who is dating the hot chick the protagonist is chasing after. And of course his name is Blair. It’s hard to like a guy named Blair. 

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

This team can hit. Nice to see after years of declining Augie small ball. 

On another note, I don’t trust Henley. He looks like the bad guy from an 80s rom com - the college guy with the sports car who is dating the hot chick the protagonist is chasing after. And of course his name is Blair. It’s hard to like a guy named Blair. 

If Henley gets through the first inning without giving up a crooked number I'll be pleasantly surprised.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Henley gets through the first inning without giving up a crooked number I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Of he can go 5 and only give up one crooked number, I’ll be surprised.  But if he can, and we score some runs too, hand the ball to Q and DD and get this series. 

Good times at the disch tonight.  Crowd filed in around 2nd or 3rd inning and made presence known. Lots of purple but satisfying watching them all sit quietly and pout. Lots of walks  

Would love to get these guys tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:
Anyone got tickets for Sunday? I know [mention=1720]pepper brooks[/mention] was gonna let me know after Saturday, jus trying to hedge my bets. I need two. 

I'm wondering If they dont double up tomorrow.

that's what i would do.  was supposed to rain all day today, but now looks like all the rain moved to sunday, plus it will be 28 degrees then.  they ought to do a double header today.

I think the biggest change between this team now and where we were under August his last two years is the quality of ABs. All our guys generally stay patient, work the count and only swing at good pitches. It’s funny, we’re probably worse under Pierce at small ball and on defense (this year, not so much last), but the combination of taking really good ABs, recruiting guys with a ton of speed, and having more power in the lineup makes a huge difference. Not to mention Pierce is bringing some amazing arms into the program like Elder, Cole, and a bunch of the TR FR looking really promising. 

This year’s and last year’s rosters arent overly talented but Pierce’s coaching really seems to be lifting the performance of just about very guy on the team. I’m definitely excited for this year, but its hard not to look forward to next year and the year after when Pierce gets to work with a nationally elite roster.

• Like 2