Cobra Kai

Red Five

Finished seas 4 Sunday....the annoying teenager whining, constantly switching sides, kid/parent issues gets old.... but I stay for the karate, nostalgia and Johnny jokes.  Pretty good ending, they definitely know how to hook us in with the throwbacks to the originals.

Side note I don't even think I saw part 3 more than once...had to watch a recap to jog my memory on who Silver was.  To me part II in Japan was the last one with Daniel...the best one.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The whole series is a ridiculous premise but I have to give them credit about creating drama and comedy. I’m ready for season 5.  

It's pretty amazing. I continue to be shocked they've done a near-perfect job of creating four entertaining, fun seasons from a very dated 80s movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok now I’m beside myself with seething anger. 

fucking Daniel introduces Miguel to Chicago and uses the Peter cetera lead shit instead of terry kath?  Now I hope terry beats his ass. 

that said- Johnny’s google search in this episode is epic shit. He’s come a long way from not knowing what the internet was in season 1 #hashbrown

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

fucking Daniel introduces Miguel to Chicago and uses the Peter cetera lead shit instead of terry kath?  Now I hope terry beats his ass. 

Ha ha.  My thoughts exactly.  I was willing to give Daniel San just a smidgen of respect until the Pete Cetera=great Chicago shit.

That being said, when Peter Cetera was second fiddle things were okay by me.

Loved season 4. Its so bad at times, and so good at times, and lots of chuckle out loud moments! dont think it will win any awards except mtv viewers choice for most badass catfight or something but it is all out fun. 

and yes, season 4 is an epic uplift over season 3. 

Really love the 2 sides to every character angle they push. No character is irredeemable. No character is behind reproach (even mom and dad LaRusso getting called out for not parenting their little brat of a kid). 

12 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

They said it is possible for Swank, since she is in the Miyagi-verse.  But no on Chan or Jaden Smith.

We will get Mike Barnes in season 5.

That's the setup I'm seeing too.  Silver and Barnes opening dojos everywhere.  Daniel and Johnny are supposed to be out of the game, but they find a loophole and have Chozen and a redeemed Kreese coach the Miyagi and Eagle Fang dojos instead.  I'm not sure I buy a redemption arc for Kreese, so it'll be interesting to see how they manage to pull that off.  Loved the psycho Silver swerve at the end though.  Seeing him play a second fiddle just didn't work for me, that dude is best when he's an ego maniac. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Does Daniel even work anymore? Do any of these people work? It appears that karate consumes the lives of 100% of people living in the valley. 

I told my wife that I had been to hundreds of parties in high school and not once did a karate fight break out. It happens every month in West Valley apparently
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Does Daniel even work anymore? Do any of these people work? It appears that karate consumes the lives of 100% of people living in the valley. 

Daniel's dealership must be doing well...Sam rolling in a benz.  Yet Robby, Miguel don't have cars...and Johnny has a (kick ass) mini van.  

Haven't watched any of this, but saw Macchio on Colbert last night and heard is #1 on Netflix. He also owns the OG Mr. Miyagi Wax on/Wax off 1946 Ford and it's used in the series.

Edited by RPM