2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Lose Game 1 of the series then win it in 6 games.  Same as the ALCS.  

No reason to panic.  We just banged out 10 hits and Springer cranked one and almost a second.  Yordan came around.  And tomorrow is JV Day.  We're fine.

Nats hitters will get some dead balls tomorrow I’m sure. We get 10 hits tomorrow it should be a win. 

I’d rather have game 2. Let’s fucking go and not beat ourselves like we did tonight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Does anyone ever hit the ball the opposite way anymore? I wish they’d stop trying to pull every ball into the seats.

The guy with three RBIs for the Nats is only 20, so he evidently doesn’t yet know to quit going oppo. 

Uncle Mike wasn’t rewarded on his liner to left, but i liked the attempt.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

No reason to panic.  We just banged out 10 hits and Springer cranked one and almost a second.  Yordan came around.  And tomorrow is JV Day.  We're fine.

I’m with you..  if we lose tomorrow, then it’s panic time. 

• Like 1

Some of you people have no perspective. 

We lost 7-0 to the Yankees in game 1. 

How did that turn out?

Is it optimal? No. 

Is it overcome able? If that is even a word. 

Yes. 

Its like you people never went through the 2017 ALCS where we lost 3 in a row and our backs were against the wall.

It was simply one game in a 7 game series. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Nats hitters will get some dead balls tomorrow I’m sure. We get 10 hits tomorrow it should be a win. 

I’d rather have game 2. Let’s fucking go and not beat ourselves like we did tonight. 

I'd rather not lose with the best pitcher in baseball on the mound, but that's just me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Our guys need to stop listening to their fat little girlfriends and hit the fucking ball. Terrible. No approach,  no game plan,  outside of hope to get thier SP out the game cause he's too hard to hit. 

Exactly. Everyone was too concerned with pitch count to jump on the few good pitches he did serve up.  Sometimes you have a better chance of running the starter off the field by hitting the fucking ball instead of working counts.

I hear ya. But hasn’t been a good JV day in awhile! And Cole got rocked.

And 10hits is great if you don’t leave teammates on base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

What game did you watch? 

This one. With all due respect, there is a reason gaming sports like baseball have a multi game championship. Lots of randomness 
That 3rd or 4th inning explosion on their part vs a great pitcher 

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

People might have underestimated the nationals

If Cole was pitching like he did before this game and the last then we win scoring 4 easy. He did not make some good pitches and they were keyed in when it counted. 

Nats threw some absolute garbage that our batters just stared at. 

Both pitchers looked like shit. 1st WS game for both...but we just stare at pitches, going down 0-2 staring and then decide to swing.

Gah damnit. It’s like they are overthinking shit..yea yea yall are smart hitters know about launch angles and exit velocity and backspin yada yada, but sometimes you just gotta play fukin baseball and hit shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I honestly think we could go down 0-2 and still win this.

Of course we could.  If we can win 4 out of 5 against the Yankees, we can do it against the Nationals.

But let's not have it come to that.  We need vintage JV tomorrow then we'll have a good shot to win 2 of 3 on the road with Grienke and a pissed off Cole.

• Like 1

What's killing me this entire postseason is the inability to just get a regular fucking hit with less than 2 out or men on base.I'm sure there are counter-examples, but when we've managed to actually score runs, the ball either goes over the fence or off it. We can't buy a gapper or line drive single with men on to save our lives.

Night after night, AB after AB of taking 2 balls, staring at strike 1, fouling off a hitable strike 2 and then popping up or striking out. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

The guy with three RBIs for the Nats is only 20, so he evidently doesn’t yet know to quit going oppo. 

Uncle Mike wasn’t rewarded on his liner to left, but i liked the attempt.

Absolutely.  Some stats geeks will get in his head over the winter and show him the "value" of trying to pull everything thus further ruining baseball.  I'd just really like to see Bregman try to put the ball in play instead of swinging through any strike on the outside of the plate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

What's killing me this entire postseason is the inability to just get a regular fucking hit with less than 2 out or men on base.I'm sure there are counter-examples, but when we've managed to actually score runs, the ball either goes over the fence or off it. We can't buy a gapper or line drive single with men on to save our lives.

Night after night, AB after AB of taking 2 balls, staring at strike 1, fouling off a hitable strike 2 and then popping up or striking out. 

That pinch hitter got it done. Bad base running almost, but the hit was sweet - second pitch blooper. Simple. Easy. 

The guys are wound up trying to go yard, but the baseballs got nerfed so it's not as easy..