2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, David Dennison said:

If I'm being completely honest, I never thought I would get that.

2017 will last a long, long time.

I’m not that pessimistic overall about the team despite maybe some of my posts in this thread. Series is obviously not trending our way and if the Astros do go quietly in this series... I do expect Crane and FO do all they can to address it. 

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

I’m not that pessimistic overall about the team despite maybe some of my posts in this thread. Series is obviously not trending our way and if the Astros do go quietly in this series... I do expect Crane and FO do all they can to address it. 

I'm really, really, really worried about our rotation. Two super old guys, a guy coming off Tommy John, and ???.

Analytics doesn’t address this. You can’t really explain why the bats have died. 

The team was built right and should win a World Series. For some reason the ball isn’t finding the right part of the park when hit and our guys go silent with anyone on base. 

Defense has been amazing all year and we can’t make two somewhat difficult plays back to back? 

I mean damn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

I don’t know what you can do.  Shitty situational hitting has killed us, but we had the best offense in baseball.

Maybe our guys should stop worrying about Instagram and reading their own press clippings and nut up.

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Analytics doesn’t address this. You can’t really explain why the bats have died. 

The team was built right and should win a World Series. For some reason the ball isn’t finding the right part of the park when hit and our guys go silent with anyone on base. 

Defense has been amazing all year and we can’t make two somewhat difficult plays back to back? 

I mean damn. 

Tl;dr: baseball 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I mean damn. 

A lot of winning a WS has to do with luck and timing.

We're slumping at a really bad time.

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I mean damn. 

are the guys swinging for the long ball mostly? What % of postseason runs are directly off HRs and compared to the regular season? Their cuts seem overdone for distance. It's a dinger or K mostly.

3 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I mean damn. 

my best guess is that Astros are favorites for the first time in any really manner and aren't handling it very well. felt that a bit with the tension before game one and all the media talking over how dominant they are, and have been all season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I don't really want to break all my shit.  But there's no choice.

I shut it off. Went up to my 7 month olds room to check on him. He is sleeping peacefully. I need to learn how to cool it and looking at the kiddo helps.  I don’t need my son growing up pissed off at sports all the time like me. 

• Like 1

I mean damn. 

It has everything to do with analytics in a bad way. Analytics will tell you to try to hit the ball out, while common fucking sense says hit it where they pitch it. Station to station. String together some hits and the HR’s come when the pitcher makes a mistake. It seems like every Astro is trying to put one on the train instead of putting the ball in play, especially with RISP.

13 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don’t know what you can do.  Shitty situational hitting has killed us, but we had the best offense in baseball.

Maybe our guys should stop worrying about Instagram and reading their own press clippings and nut up.

Euphoria doesn’t appear to be our amigo. Break scoring records against patsies and then imnediately screw up our swings for a week. Win an epic series in a walk-off (which could have been a crushing loss) and then immediately go comatose in our own park.

Perchance we party too hard. Then again, maybe it’s just beisbol. But whatever it is, it’s ugly.