2019 NCAA March Madness Sweet 16 and Elite Eight

Whatever happened to Sean Gay?  Best high school player in Texas I ever saw.  IIRC, he was lightly recruited because he "played post" at 6'2," when he actually just played whatever the hell he wanted on the court.  Then he went to Tech and did more of the same -- he'd score 10 points and just completely dominate the game.  

Born in Lubbock.  Still have Grandma and lots of family there.  Other large cluster in Austin.  Everyone is Tech/Texas/OU but it all started in Lubbock and I’m fucking ecstatic.  Means so much to the people there.  Hope Beard stays.  Either way, win this one and even if he leaves it won’t sting too bad.  So tonight, Guns Up!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Story:  Purdue’s Carsen Edwards proved just how badly Texas missed on him with historic performance   "The Boilermakers star never really heard from the Longhorns during his recruiting process."

OUCH........

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/12/10/18133892/carsen-edwards-texas-longhorns-basketball-recruiting-purdue-boilermakers-shaka-smart-jacob-young

I can't escape the feeling that if he had come here he just be another clanker.

11 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Two of the best Elite 8 games I can remember in probably a decade. Wow.

Yes, I agree.  I haven't watched a college basketball game in a year or two.  Was feeling a little overwhelmed at work, so I made it a point yesterday to close down my office and go home, sit, and watch two games.  Did not have a vested interest in either game, but very, very good entertainment.  

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Story:  Purdue’s Carsen Edwards proved just how badly Texas missed on him with historic performance   "The Boilermakers star never really heard from the Longhorns during his recruiting process."

OUCH........

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/12/10/18133892/carsen-edwards-texas-longhorns-basketball-recruiting-purdue-boilermakers-shaka-smart-jacob-young

Shaka would have wasted him anyway - like he did with Jarrett Allen and Mo Bamba. 

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Yes, and the UNC/UK one the year? before that.

Negged. 

Probably already pointed out in here but Auburn is in the midst of a ‘97 Zona-like run of having gone through Kansas, UNC and now having to play UK.  Hopefully that outcome doesn’t repeat itself but would be fun to see Chuck all decked out in Tiger gear for the FF. 

14 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

My bracket is hanging on life support. I picked Tech and Michigan State to the final four with Michigan State winning it all. So hopefully they can take out Duke. 

I am in 1st place and can still get the best score. Virginia last night helped me big time. Need Duke/Kentucky today.

Sitting next to a guy in Aggie visor at a bar and he’s living and dying on every shot like it’s life or death.   I ask him did you bet on Auburn?  He says no just a fan...  lol.  Such sec pumpers.  Mean while I got them to turn one of the TVs to the LHN for the baseball game.

Edited by Hook1997

Has there ever been talk of changing the structure from a Thurs/Sat & Fri/Sun format...... to a Wed/Sat & Thurs/Sun format??

More difficult for fans traveling, but probably better for the health of athletes.  Seems like sometimes these weekend games are duds because one team had such a difficult first game that they have nothing left for game 2 on the weekend.

Thankfully yesterday's Elite 8 games were outstanding!!

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Halftime may have come at a bad time for Auburn as they appeared to be righting themselves,  have to feel good only being down by 5 for as bd as they shot the 3 this half. 

Yeah, Auburn at times looked sluggish during the 1st half.....

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Sitting next to a guy in Aggie visor at a bar and he’s living and dying on every shot like it’s life or death.   I ask him did you bet on Auburn?  He says no just a fan...  lol.  Such sec pumpers.  Mean while I got them to turn one of the TVs to the LHN for the baseball game.

doesn't he realize aggy wins either way in this game?

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Has there ever been talk of changing the structure from a Thurs/Sat & Fri/Sun format...... to a Wed/Sat & Thurs/Sun format??

More difficult for fans traveling, but probably better for the health of athletes.  Seems like sometimes these weekend games are duds because one team had such a difficult first game that they have nothing left for game 2 on the weekend.

Are you new?  The NCAA will conduct the games whenever CBS/TBS tells them to.