Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Seems like you'd post a link if it's something you believe people should read. 

I’m sure linking a NY Post article would draw out the usual comments from most of this crowd, so here is the release from the man himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The latest NY post article is interesting btw. I wonder why the liberal media isn’t covering it? Seems like an on the record non Russian asset corroborating all of this would be a big deal. 

20 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I’ll tell you why, because Joe Biden and the US guv opposed the Ukrainian prosecutor because he WASN’T investigating Burisma and other forms of corruption in Ukraine. He was corrupt in a way that is so common knowledge in Ukraine that the entire premise is laughable. Hunter Biden made a buck in Ukraine, so the f what.

Because it is propaganda, the Biden team is doing what one does with propaganda. You ignore it. The media you're painting as liberal is also attempting to ignore the propaganda because the right leaning media have picked up Rudy and the Trump campaign's propaganda and are legitimizing it. This creates a furor among the readers of those publications.

You are making an assumption that Joe, et. al. must 'defend' themselves. That is an illegitimate starting point and serves to drive the propaganda machine down the path to relevancy, which it is not. It is wrong and inappropriate and is an obvious meddling in an election strategy by (in no particular order) Rudy (who has been working on this since Trump was elected because Trump immediate began working on getting re-elected), Andrii Derkach (the Ukrainian/Russian spy/oligarch under sanctions by the US Treasury Dept for attempting to influence US elections), Senator Ron Johnson (traveled to Russia on the fourth of July in 2018 with ousted Russian spy Maria Butina) among others.

It is an obvious hack job and the proper response IS TO NOT RESPOND.

Edit to add--the Fox and other media sources will ramp up the pressure to respond, but if the Biden team has any moxie, they will continue business as usual and focus on getting Americans out to vote. Period.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Seems fighting nepotism is something that's fundamentally important to you.

Meh I don’t really care about nepotism on its own. A crackhead making a dollar off of his dads name is what it is. His dad as VP making money off his sons deals with China, Ukraine is much more severe. 

Really though, I take more issue with the media not covering the story in most cases, and with social media outright censoring it. That’s a real problem.

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I’m sure linking a NY Post article would draw out the usual comments from most of this crowd, so here is the release from the man himself. 

The same Bobulinski being sued by the Chinese government for all the money he owes on his scams.   Yea he has no axe to grind.  
Trumpkins, Qers and the NYP do not get the benefit of the doubt from the rational world.

Also tell dear leader to release his taxes and all of his foreign financial interests before being so hypocritical as to make accusations against others.

Edited by DigDug
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Enchubben said:

Meh I don’t really care about nepotism on its own. A crackhead making a dollar off of his dads name is what it is. His dad as VP making money off his sons deals with China, Ukraine is much more severe. 

Really though, I take more issue with the media not covering the story in most cases, and with social media outright censoring it. That’s a real problem.

Social media  - facebook in particular - is much more of a far-right echo chamber than a liberal one. That's a real problem, but I'm guessing that doesn't bother you too much. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So you won't give us a NYPost link because people will comment on their article? 

No I didn’t post it because people will complain about the NY Post, not the underlying content.  Here is the link though

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-biz-partner-confirms-e-mail-details-joe-bidens-push-to-make-millions-from-china/

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, LTbear said:

Social media  - facebook in particular - is much more of a far-right echo chamber than a liberal one. That's a real problem, but I'm guessing that doesn't bother you too much. 

You would be guessing wrong.  I hate Facebook to begin with but it doesn’t mean I think they should be censoring content one way or the other.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I honestly haven't followed this story that closely. It's a nonstarter for the most part just like Trump's Chinese bank account. They're both bad but neither is going to move the needle. If Biden profited directly from his presidency like that, then it's bad. We know Trump has done it. He doesn't even try to hide it. 

In terms of the media, my understanding is that we still don't have a confirmed, valid source that has any real tangible evidence or even circumstantial evidence that can be corroborated. At this point that largely makes it tabloid fodder until proven otherwise, no?

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, I too am upset with social media censoring it.

I say after seeing the tweet from Twitter that you just posted.

Jesus you're such a moron.

Good one! Yes obviously I wasn’t referring to this individual article that i linked to, I was referring to the initial reporting of Joe Bidens involvement in these deals which was. Moron.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Every sentiment here is right wing propaganda.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

No I didn’t post it because people will complain about the NY Post, not the underlying content.  Here is the link though

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-biz-partner-confirms-e-mail-details-joe-bidens-push-to-make-millions-from-china/

A take so shitty that even the NY Post disavows its assertions by marking it an "Opinion" piece - nice work.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Every sentiment here is right wing propaganda.

Just like the "unbiased" source that the NY Post quoted is. Starts off talking about how unbiased he is, then:

- Anti-media talking points
- Anti-tech company talking points
- God Bless America! Best country on Earth type jingoism
- Very obviously has an axe to grind with Hunter Biden

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Nothing in that story is illegal, even if it's all true.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't understand why the media isn't covering the fact that enchubben has sex with sheep. Social media should really allow people to see this story. The people deserve to know the enchubben has sex with sheep. Watch, other posters here will confirm my story and still the media will not cover the fact that enchubben has sex with sheep. Why?! DO SOMETHING!

I am sure in your head this came out funny or witty. D- for execution. 

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I honestly haven't followed this story that closely. It's a nonstarter for the most part just like Trump's Chinese bank account. They're both bad but neither is going to move the needle. If Biden profited directly from his presidency like that, then it's bad. We know Trump has done it. He doesn't even try to hide it. 

In terms of the media, my understanding is that we still don't have a confirmed, valid source that has any real tangible evidence or even circumstantial evidence that can be corroborated. At this point that largely makes it tabloid fodder until proven otherwise, no?

I think this is fair. Everything up until now has really been circumstantial evidence. Now with tangible emails and  testimony there really is no reason not to cover by the media, and not to answer by Joe Biden. I guess we will see if it gets the coverage that other stories have gotten in the past or if they go with, its Russia! I'm not holding my breath.

I agree that I don't think this really has any impact on those voting, people have picked their horse at this point.  People aren't voting for Joe Biden because he's honest and they believe him , they are voting against Donald Trump.   I think they could find 5 dead hookers in his trunk tomorrow and he's not losing a single voter. (other than the 5 hookers)

• Fuck You 1

220,000+ dead

The economy in the shitter

Current president embracing white power and crazy conspiracy theories, not to mention grifting every chance he gets

And you think I or anyone else am supposed to give a single solitary shit about Hunter Biden? L-O-fucking L.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

I think this is fair. Everything up until now has really been circumstantial evidence. Now with tangible emails and  testimony there really is no reason not to cover by the media, and not to answer by Joe Biden. I guess we will see if it gets the coverage that other stories have gotten in the past or if they go with, its Russia! I'm not holding my breath.

I agree that I don't think this really has any impact on those voting, people have picked their horse at this point.  People aren't voting for Joe Biden because he's honest and they believe him , they are voting against Donald Trump.   I think they could find 5 dead hookers in his trunk tomorrow and he's not losing a single voter. (other than the 5 hookers)

I mean I think Joe is probably more on the side of honesty/integrity than not if we're using a scale of politicians. But that's not really pertinent to the conversation. 

Is the media, in your opinion, obligated to report on anyone who comes to them with "dirt", or should they be responsible for vetting their sources and the information? Imagine you're the editor of a paper and someone comes to you with this story. As mentioned upthread it's the _exact_ same storyline as 2016. Lost/stolen laptop. Literally tomorrow is the anniversary of Comey. The story doesn't make sense or add up logically or geographically (as has been broken down by numerous others). And the best corroborating source you can find is a guy (Twitter link you posted) who is very clearly a partisan hack.

I don't see the obligation to report there. In fact, if I were an editor, I wouldn't run it.

I think a lot of conservatives have blinders when it comes to the media. The media has two problems:
- They editorialize too much
- They hyperbolize almost everything, particularly re:Trump

That doesn't mean that they're not reporting facts. The media, at least big respected media (so ignoring YouTube and Twitter stars) still maintain a high level of professionalism in terms of vetting sources and stories. The problem is that conservatives see the editorializing as giving the left preference, and then seem to think that the media is obligated in the interest of fairness to run stories that are at best unsourced unconfirmed speculation and at worst tabloid nonsense. They're not going to do that.

The media has some blame for sure but it's mostly just whiny cuntiness by the right. Is the media generally left-leaning? Sure. But if you want to stop reading bad stories about Trump, tell him to stop doing stupid and illegal shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think Biden is winning because he is seen as honest and trustworthy. That’s why Trump is trying all he can to tie him to some bs. Trump saw this coming two years ago, he beat Hillary because she was seen as being as dishonest and untrustworthy as Trump. The Comey deal is the only reason he won, he knows that.

So F off with your Biden is dishonest crap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

The latest NY post article is interesting btw. I wonder why the liberal media isn’t covering it? Seems like an on the record non Russian asset corroborating all of this would be a big deal. 

The reality is that nobody with a heart or a brain really cares about this story. As of right now, it’s more of a conspiracy theory with flimsy holes in it than an actual story.

the American people are rightly focused on fighting the pandemic, who bungled its response, and how we are going to get this country back on its feet.

• Hook 'Em 2

What continues to amaze me is that in post after post of pure idiocy, Enchubben apparently has no idea how fucking stupid he looks.

Nobody rebuts anything as flimsy, unreliable, and pure garbarge as a fucking EDITORIAL running in a tabloid.  I mean, Trumpkins trust such information, and take it as gospel -- I get they THEY are that stupid.  But what I still can't grasp is how they project that stupidity on everyone else, and presume that everyone else will be as much of a drooling moron as they are.

Guys....we're not.  We're not as stupid as you are.  Biden isn't.  His campaign isn't.  Y'all stand alone on an island of complete idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight.. mainstream media outlets, already an endangered species, are so rabid in their ideological opposition to Trump that they'd risk their survival by ignoring journalistic standards just to kill a hit piece on Trump's opponent?

Oh, right, yeah, if right wingers would be that stupid, I suppose it makes sense that they'd assume everyone else is that stupid, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I mean I think Joe is probably more on the side of honesty/integrity than not if we're using a scale of politicians. But that's not really pertinent to the conversation. 

Is the media, in your opinion, obligated to report on anyone who comes to them with "dirt", or should they be responsible for vetting their sources and the information? Imagine you're the editor of a paper and someone comes to you with this story. As mentioned upthread it's the _exact_ same storyline as 2016. Lost/stolen laptop. Literally tomorrow is the anniversary of Comey. The story doesn't make sense or add up logically or geographically (as has been broken down by numerous others). And the best corroborating source you can find is a guy (Twitter link you posted) who is very clearly a partisan hack.

I don't see the obligation to report there. In fact, if I were an editor, I wouldn't run it.

I think a lot of conservatives have blinders when it comes to the media. The media has two problems:
- They editorialize too much
- They hyperbolize almost everything, particularly re:Trump

That doesn't mean that they're not reporting facts. The media, at least big respected media (so ignoring YouTube and Twitter stars) still maintain a high level of professionalism in terms of vetting sources and stories. The problem is that conservatives see the editorializing as giving the left preference, and then seem to think that the media is obligated in the interest of fairness to run stories that are at best unsourced unconfirmed speculation and at worst tabloid nonsense. They're not going to do that.

The media has some blame for sure but it's mostly just whiny cuntiness by the right. Is the media generally left-leaning? Sure. But if you want to stop reading bad stories about Trump, tell him to stop doing stupid and illegal shit.

I think whichever route they take in regards to vetting sources and information should be equal and uniform regardless of the outcome to certain political figure or authority. I do not feel that is consistently applied. Not sure how to measure that, but it's my opinion. If vetting and investigating is what most of the media outlets are doing now before they report on it, great, I'm just not so certain they behave that way with folks on the other side of the aisle.

In regards to the testimony above - I don't agree, at least based on what I have seen of the guy online, that he is clearly a partisan hack. He certainly has an axe to grind, but that could be warranted if what he is saying is true. And certainly anyone can say they are apolitical when they are the exact opposite, but the guy was openly contributing to democrats as late as 2015. Regardless, I draw a distinction between his motive for coming out with this and an agenda, vs. is the information he is communicating accurate.  

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Everytime I see this quote, I just feel that you don't ever ask questions, and therefore just listen what you're told and believe everything. 

If there were ever a Smithsonian for internet posters in denial, this piece of work would certainly belong in it.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden