2019 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

clapclapclap

Need another cat 5 to take all of the trash to sea
Problem is how does a Cat 5 hit Oklahoma, but bypass God's people in Texas?
Lol this reminds me of a girl who posted on a local car board i used to frequent back when Katrina made landfall

"I was talking about katrina with my boyfriend and his parents..we were wondering if Katrina made its way up the Mississippi and into Minnesota...is this something we need to plan for?"

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

"I was talking about katrina with my boyfriend and his parents..we were wondering if Katrina made its way up the Mississippi and into Minnesota...is this something we need to plan for?"

Only if you use a sharpie on the cone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dewey said:

With the right insurance...

Speaking of which, this is the major insurance companies today:

giphy.gif

Especially after seeing the horrors in the Bahamas, they've got to be ecstatic that Dorian's path kept it from probably being the most expensive U.S. single natural disaster ever.  Which it certainly was on the cusp of being.

Hurricane Dorian: Bahamas lists 2,500 people as missing

Bahamas emergency services have listed 2,500 people as missing after Hurricane Dorian struck the islands last week.

This official count suggests the death toll will be much higher than the current 50, though the number of missing has yet to be checked against those in shelters and should fall.

Tens of thousands of people remain in need of aid.

Dorian equalled the highest winds ever recorded for a hurricane at landfall when it struck the Abaco Islands.

Large areas were devastated on the Abacos and on Grand Bahama.

The list was announced by Carl Smith, a spokesman for the country's National Emergency Management Agency (Nema).

"At this point there are approximately 2,500 on the Bahamian government register," Mr Smith said at a press conference.

"This list has not yet been checked against government records of who is staying in shelters or who have been evacuated," he said.

The number is likely to fall as the cross-checking is carried out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49666942