The Supremes

tx 3 putt

34 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Those phone calls are no different than happen in every presidential election. Don't kid yourself. Read Caro's books on LBJ

It's typical for a sitting president to make calls telling states to find the exact number of votes that president needs to win, and to "just say you miscounted", while tossing in some vague threats about what will happen if they don't do it? 

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

Sending false documents somewhere is not even in the same universe as using force to overthrow a government. 

It's what people leave out that makes them bad faith operators/liars.

Compare these two scenarios:

1 -- Brisket was going to be late filing his brief with the court of appeals, which has to be filed by 5:00 pm. but through a loophole in the law, the court's clerk's office is deemed "open for filing" as long as the clerk is physically in the office, so because the clerk was still in his office at 8:00 pm, Brisket did nothing wrong by filing his brief at 8:00.

2 -- Brisket was going to be late filing his brief with the court of appeals, which has to be filed by 5:00 pm. but through a loophole in the law, the court's clerk's office is deemed "open for filing" as long as the clerk is physically in the office, so because the clerk was still in his office at 8:00 pm...because Brisket urged his supporters to storm the clerk's office, and hold the clerk at gunpoint so he couldn't leave.... Brisket did nothing wrong by filing his brief at 8:00.

It's the part that BHM leaves out that tells you he isn't arguing in good faith.  A violent attack on the capitol offered the opportunity, if a bad actor cooperated with it and took advantage of it, to delay and possibly kill the vote certification.  Trump, given the CLEAR AND BINARY OPTION of 1) exercise his authority as the executive to take action to stop the insurrection, or 2) functionally join in the insurrection to further his interest as a candidate to kill a vote certification that would have ended his bid for office, he unambiguously and enthusiastically chose option 2.  Joining in and coopting the use of force to your advantage is legally, morally, ethically, and practically identical to using the force yourself.  "Go shoot that guy so I can get some advantage" and then taking advantage when your request is followed is no different than shooting the guy yourself.

But BHM isn't interested in a good-faith analysis.  He wants to both-sides it because some other candidates have filed legal challenges in the past.  What he won't cite for you is a single fucking candidate who SIDED WITH AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN ONGOING VIOLENT INSURRECTION to do so.  Because it has never happened before.  Ever.  What Trump did was disastrously unprecedented and, by my prediction, it will ultimately kill the country.  He set the precedent that the peaceful transfer of power is no longer the order of the day.  Every election from now on will offer the option of a violent refusal to accept it.  You can't shove that demon back in the box.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

It's been interesting to see the random red hats from DT make their way over this week.  Guessing it will become more common as we get towards November.  Of course, they won't stick around long because they repeatedly get pantsed and then go back and cry to their fellow cult members and the moderators.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can't wait for imma to scold meanie CR posters for this one too

I’m about to ban @BHMCruiser actually. Also people aren’t dog piling they are giving clear, pointed and not even really flame filled rebuttals to nonsensical trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

If somebody had recorded HRC's response to losing to Trump, I wonder what she was saying? Probably something about "accepting the results" and "oh well fair is fair"

Whatabout Hillary?! Very original. 

It’s the new way of America thanks to Trump

We no longer have a shared reality 

An insurrection was a tour of the capital 

A phone call asking election authority to find more votes is just a perfect call

Words have no meaning 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

A phone call asking election authority to find more votes is just a perfect call

Words have no meaning 

With all due respect. This started with Reagan-Bush.  

Don't forgot Bush 1 said on 1988 campaign trail: "I'll never apologize for the America, I don't care with the facts are."  Kicks off Alt-Fact culture and is elected in a landslide.

His son W is a evangelical fanatic and got the theocracy stuff rolling... and remains a god in Texas and for many on this site. 

Fact is: Reagan and the Bushes ushered in this world. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

With all due respect. This started with Reagan-Bush.  

Don't forgot Bush 1 said on 1988 campaign trail: "I'll never apologize for the America, I don't care with the facts are."  Kicks off Alt-Fact culture and is elected in a landslide.

His son W is a evangelical fanatic and got the theocracy stuff rolling... and remains a god in Texas and for many on this site. 

Fact is: Reagan and the Bushes ushered in this world. 

Fuckin Bush 0 (dubyas grandaddy) was a key actor in the 1933 Business Plot where American business owners attempted to overthrow Roosevelt's electoral victory. They've always been goddamn fucking fascists supported by and working for corporations. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Fuckin Bush 0 (dubyas grandaddy) was a key actor in the 1933 Business Plot where American business owners attempted to overthrow Roosevelt's electoral victory. They've always been goddamn fucking fascists supported by and working for corporations. 

I just can’t imagine being this morally bankrupt. Close to jumping called me out earlier today in another thread for being an idealist. I just couldn’t imagine living in a world where trying to do the right thing always takes a back seat to getting anything done. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Wow that's really pathetic of the University. What they wrote clearly came from a good place and was barely even pro-Palestinian. 

Tech wouldn’t even disclose the specifics of the offending remarks. Scary stuff in this state.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's what people leave out that makes them bad faith operators/liars.

Compare these two scenarios:

1 -- Brisket was going to be late filing his brief with the court of appeals, which has to be filed by 5:00 pm. but through a loophole in the law, the court's clerk's office is deemed "open for filing" as long as the clerk is physically in the office, so because the clerk was still in his office at 8:00 pm, Brisket did nothing wrong by filing his brief at 8:00.

2 -- Brisket was going to be late filing his brief with the court of appeals, which has to be filed by 5:00 pm. but through a loophole in the law, the court's clerk's office is deemed "open for filing" as long as the clerk is physically in the office, so because the clerk was still in his office at 8:00 pm...because Brisket urged his supporters to storm the clerk's office, and hold the clerk at gunpoint so he couldn't leave.... Brisket did nothing wrong by filing his brief at 8:00.

It's the part that BHM leaves out that tells you he isn't arguing in good faith.  A violent attack on the capitol offered the opportunity, if a bad actor cooperated with it and took advantage of it, to delay and possibly kill the vote certification.  Trump, given the CLEAR AND BINARY OPTION of 1) exercise his authority as the executive to take action to stop the insurrection, or 2) functionally join in the insurrection to further his interest as a candidate to kill a vote certification that would have ended his bid for office, he unambiguously and enthusiastically chose option 2.  Joining in and coopting the use of force to your advantage is legally, morally, ethically, and practically identical to using the force yourself.  "Go shoot that guy so I can get some advantage" and then taking advantage when your request is followed is no different than shooting the guy yourself.

But BHM isn't interested in a good-faith analysis.  He wants to both-sides it because some other candidates have filed legal challenges in the past.  What he won't cite for you is a single fucking candidate who SIDED WITH AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF AN ONGOING VIOLENT INSURRECTION to do so.  Because it has never happened before.  Ever.  What Trump did was disastrously unprecedented and, by my prediction, it will ultimately kill the country.  He set the precedent that the peaceful transfer of power is no longer the order of the day.  Every election from now on will offer the option of a violent refusal to accept it.  You can't shove that demon back in the box.

Thoughtful and fair except for the end of days part at the end. I’m coming around on this. 

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It started before Reagan and Bush.  The big push started with the Evangelicals trying to avoid people of color in their schools.

This is also when the evangelicals got into the anti abortion business

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Tech wouldn’t even disclose the specifics of the offending remarks. Scary stuff in this state.

Not like we've had laws on the books that made it a crime to criticize Israel or anything. It's been weird scary shit, we're all just realizing how far off the fuckin map we all are

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

I’m about to ban @BHMCruiser actually. Also people aren’t dog piling they are giving clear, pointed and not even really flame filled rebuttals to nonsensical trolling. 

I’m about to get banned? For what? What did I do? 

also I’m not being dog piled. A lot of people have made good faith arguments to me. And I have listened. 

2 minutes ago, Smax said:

This is also when the evangelicals got into the anti abortion business

Yes, they took on the anti-abortion stance (after supporting abortion less than a decade prior) as a means of uniting the conservative vote.  It was based on racially discriminatory schools.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes, they took on the anti-abortion stance (after supporting abortion less than a decade prior) as a means of uniting the conservative vote.  It was based on racially discriminatory schools.

That's the big one I've read. Trying to break Brown v. Board due to "bussing concerns."

• Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, Captainant said:

was he tho?

Spoiler

In July 2007, a BBC investigation reported that Prescott Bush, father of U.S. President George H. W. Bush and grandfather of then-president George W. Bush, was to have been a "key liaison" between the 1933 Business Plotters and the newly emerged Nazi regime in Germany,[51] although this has been disputed by Jonathan Katz as a misconception caused by a clerical research error.[52] According to Katz, "Prescott Bush was too involved with the actual Nazis to be involved with something that was so home grown as the business plot."

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

Those phone calls are no different than happen in every presidential election. Don't kid yourself. Read Caro's books on LBJ

Yes. One conceded. One did not. Neither one is an insurrection. 

This is the most idiotic post this board has ever seen. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Words have no meaning 

I believe Missing Persons talked about this in the 80’s.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

We know Trump raped a woman. To be fair, Biden maybe one time probably thought about raping a woman, so they are both the same. 

Joe Biden has a shampoo and conditioner fetish. That’s his biggest sin. Creepy no doubt. Thank god I’m tall he’s never burying his nose in my hair.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, troph said:

Joe Biden has a shampoo and conditioner fetish. That’s his biggest sin. Creepy no doubt. Thank god I’m tall he’s never burying his nose in my hair.

Not even close to the creepiest part of that.  Your hair aged out of contention a few decades ago.  

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not even close to the creepiest part of that.  Your hair aged out of contention a few decades ago.  

Fair enough, doubt he raped a woman, let alone more than one. So let’s be fair, uncle Trump belongs in prison … for rape. The other 91 felony counts are just dressing.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Words have no meaning 

And this is also a synapsis of why you can't reasonably discuss anything with the both siders.  They're dishonest and the only thing they have to justify any of their transgressions is to somehow pretzel into a both sides response.  Hillary was never president, nor surrounded by cabinet members and military that were willing to engage and act on her behalf with what power they could to incite and stall their insurrection.  That's a huge difference.  The same dishonest dealers brought us alternative facts to justify flat out lies.  Nor did she give a speech about marching to the capital to fight like hell to take back their country.  And he did this without any evidence to back his sad clown ass statements, which bore out in courts over the first year of Biden's presidency.  But sure, both sides.  

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Fair enough, doubt he raped a woman, let alone more than one. So let’s be fair, uncle Trump belongs in prison … for rape. The other 91 felony counts are just dressing.

Agreed.  Rape is absolutely abhorrent and my views are unpopular on how we punish for it. Let’s just say there should never be a repeat offender, imo.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Agreed.  Rape is absolutely abhorrent and my views are unpopular on how we punish for it. Let’s just say there should never be a repeat offender, imo.  

And how do you feel about wrongful convictions?

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

pretty harsh punishment these days as far as being forced to carry to term, not sure how your party will get harsher than that.

• Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And how do you feel about wrongful convictions?

Treat them like any other statistical anomalies?  

You do understand they can no longer vote for your team once they’re convicted, right? 

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Treat them like any other statistical anomalies?  

You do understand they can no longer vote for your team once they’re convicted, right? 

Would you consider a wrongful execution a statistical anomaly?

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Would you consider a wrongful execution a statistical anomaly?

I'd be happy to discuss with you any cases where a person wrongly convicted of rape was subsequently wrongfully executed.  Stanning for rapists.   I'd love to claim to be surprised, but this literally is your brand. 

• Fuck You 2

10 hours ago, troph said:

I'm probably closer to Joe's age than you, and I remember when there were more quality shampoos on the market and a sweet smelling pate was better appreciated.

gee-youre-hair-smells-terrifc1.png?w=768

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It started before Reagan and Bush.  The big push started with the Evangelicals trying to avoid people of color in their schools.

I do not believe that we started the fire. In fact, in all likelihood it has been burning dating back to when the world first began turning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

"Erred badly" implies mistake.     This is outright corruption and idiocy.   But Roberts told us we are all too stupid to understand.  

58 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I'm probably closer to Joe's age than you, and I remember when there were more quality shampoos on the market and a sweet smelling pate was better appreciated.

gee-youre-hair-smells-terrifc1.png?w=768

I can never find the brief scene to post, but on "The League" when Ruxon tells Rafi he has multiple restraining orders against him in the building and reminds Rafi that he smelled this woman's hair inappropriately.  Rafi explains it away as, "Yeah, Garnier Fructis...that's a real week spot for me.  Gives me crazy boners."  And we are laughing. 

And then we're not because let's talk about the top right photograph.  Green sweater lady and blue shirt dude.  Who are, based on the background, clearly in a high school biology class.  And are at least 30 years old, if not older.  But Biden is the weirdo?  What in the fuck is going with the simulation today??? 

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Um, how can you be a Confederate with bone spurs?

Great confederate doctors + San Antonio= STFU. Have you not heard of stone wall Jackson. Ouch.