Aussie Woman dies from cock attack.

Incredulity

Sucks that she passed, but JFC roosters are assholes.  I remember as a kid my g-father getting spurred in the leg, bleeding all over his jeans, wrapping it up, limping to the house, grabbing his shotgun, limping back, and splattering that rooster at point blank range inside the coop before going to the doc.  

I also have seen a few chicken fights in OK.  Good good those are a bloody mess.  Roosters with these metal spurs added on.  Like little knives on their legs.  Going for the head/neck of the other rooster.  Messy.  

• Like 2

wtf, did the rooster sever her femoral artery or something?

edit: after actually reading the article I realize that she died of" high blood pressure; hyperlipidemia where the blood contains too much fat; diabetes; and varicose veins." Don't blame the rooster. 

Obligatory:

Edited by High Plains Drifter
you know he ain't gonna die
  • Like 2

A guy I used to work for raised fighting chickens and fought them somewhere in La.  Those fuckers are brutal and can command a pretty penny.  Lots of gambling and general debauchery involved. He used to have a catalog with all the spurs and whatnot you could buy and strap on them.  Pretty damn white trashy.  

ETA: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/199706564697795379/

eta: part 2.    Cock fighting Pinterest takes you here. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/725431452459519418/?amp_client_id=MvmuKFrWB8Lx2YU9dIW__0_oCiMDD3HLz4yZxYZgMcn41kUxwLezNWcs_L8JiFBK&mweb_unauth_id=1e4c05ed5c076cd7dac60fc90bb71cf4

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

When we moved from Austin, our new housekeeper was telling me about some hobby her husband had, and I told her that our old Austin housekeeper's husband was into cock fighting.  She turned white as a ghost, spun around and started frantically dusting some window blinds.  I'm sure she thought she was about to be sexually assaulted.

11 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

My uncle still has 6 in pleasant grove

HAHA.  "The Grove"

Wife's father is not a retired 30+ years Dallas Fire Fighter.  Stationed at the Grove for much of those.  At his retirement party there the rest of the guys bought him (as a joke) a giant, cast aluminum longhorn.  Son was just a toddler.  We were walking around the station and out in the front area where all the smokers/pits are I found a live .45acp round.

Captain says the kids/bangers like to try and throw them over the wall into the smokers (All fun and games until your mom's house catches on fire and you dial 911).

So we're loading up this giant statue into the back of my truck.  It's all ratchet-strapped down, blankets, etc and we're limping down the road with my hazards on (afraid it's going to tip and those big horns punch a hold in the truck and/or bed).  Three cars in hot metallic colors with lambo-doors start circling us blaring rap music.  Just pointing and laughing at the red-necks trying to transport this giant metal cow in the back of a truck.  Wife's none too happy.  Two toddlers in car seats.  I'm just waiving and shrugging my shoulders.  He still has that giant thing in his back yard near his offset. 

Sort of like this:

il_794xN.1907567264_r85v.jpg

25 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

HAHA.  "The Grove"

Wife's father is not a retired 30+ years Dallas Fire Fighter.  Stationed at the Grove for much of those. 

Sort of like this:

il_794xN.1907567264_r85v.jpg

The station by St. Augustine by Spruce? I went to Dorsey from 2nd-4th grade and had to walk to school. Not the best area and a bunch of idiots driving in the hood along with high school kids not knowing how to drive. The guys at that station would help me cross the street to get to school quite a bit. Nice dudes. /csb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

The station by St. Augustine by Spruce? I went to Dorsey from 2nd-4th grade and had to walk to school. Not the best area and a bunch of idiots driving in the hood along with high school kids not knowing how to drive. The guys at that station would help me cross the street to get to school quite a bit. Nice dudes. /csb

That's a good question.  I honestly do not remember.  Only went the one time.  Had a big cinder-block wall around it and a giant metal gate to secure the premises and keep stuff from disappearing.  

21 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

A guy I used to work for raised fighting chickens and fought them somewhere in La.  Those fuckers are brutal and can command a pretty penny.  Lots of gambling and general debauchery involved. He used to have a catalog with all the spurs and whatnot you could buy and strap on them.  Pretty damn white trashy.  

ETA: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/199706564697795379/

eta: part 2.    Cock fighting Pinterest takes you here. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/725431452459519418/?amp_client_id=MvmuKFrWB8Lx2YU9dIW__0_oCiMDD3HLz4yZxYZgMcn41kUxwLezNWcs_L8JiFBK&mweb_unauth_id=1e4c05ed5c076cd7dac60fc90bb71cf4

Manziels?