Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They need to cut Rivals out of the composite rankings, it's awful. On3 and 247 have this kid as a mid 3-star and Rivals has him as a top 200 player in the country. 

Oops - my bad

Edited by MAROON

49 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but apparently as of a few days ago Louisiana is now letting high schoolers sign NIL deals. Arch about to get paidddd

Also one step closer to full-fledged free agency. Every state is gonna be allowing this soon just to keep up

Any talk recently of national legislation?

So weird you see all these Aggy commits/players publicly make fun of/trash their own school, yet end up committing there. Don’t feel like you see that anywhere else. We all know why they commit there, but you’d think that would make it extremely obvious to everyone else what’s going on. 

On 4/12/2022 at 5:31 PM, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but apparently as of a few days ago Louisiana is now letting high schoolers sign NIL deals. Arch about to get paidddd

Also one step closer to full-fledged free agency. Every state is gonna be allowing this soon just to keep up

If you buy a product based on the endorsement of a high school kid.... I hope you are in high school.....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rholl said:

If you buy a product based on the endorsement of a high school kid.... I hope you are in high school.....

I could see it for star players in small towns, or even big stars in suburbs with a single high school.

“Come on down to Piggly Wiggly in Port Neches this Sunday to meet Roschon Johnson!” gets a few people in the door. 

“Test drive a new Silverado and get an autograph from Eagles QB Kyler Murray Saturday from 9-12 at Allen Chevrolet” and so on.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I could see it for star players in small towns, or even big stars in suburbs with a single high school.

“Come on down to Piggly Wiggly in Port Neches this Sunday to meet Roschon Johnson!” gets a few people in the door. 

“Test drive a new Silverado and get an autograph from Eagles QB Kyler Murray Saturday from 9-12 at Allen Chevrolet” and so on.

Seventh grade me would have made my parents take me to Wally's to get autographs from Corby Brooks, Jason Reeves, and Keith Lyons.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Yep. I say this lovingly: Texas is absolutely strange enough to make this profitable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hornlover said:

In case y'all were waiting with bated breath... It's an unofficial visit to Michigan State.

Dude got himself an Edit for an unofficial visit.

Do their uniforms actually scream "state" across the front like that? 

Cracking Up Reaction GIF