Fire Chris DelConte

MirrOlure

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

This student ticket shit show is a fireable offense. At least for someone if not the AD himself. How in the fuck do you fuck this up so badly????

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

It takes a special level of dumbfuckery to manufacture 5,000 empty seats in a sold out stadium.

Some dumb motherfucker needs to be unemployed Monday.

Fuck all of you

Fist yourself for thread littering.

4 hours ago, SDG said:

You know what sucked, when I was a student some kids would show up halfway through the first or second quarter just because their connections (Greek life) got them better seats meanwhile I I watched 30 empty rows in front of me.

huh? it was a ticket draw.  i got whatever tickets they gave me.

• 2 months later...

Excerpt from AAS:

Del Conte firmly remains in Herman’s corner, and it’s hard to blame him since he was the one who mistakenly extended the coach’s contract by two years after last season’s Sugar Bowl victory. 

Del Conte craves continuity and said Monday from his hospital bed after surgery for a torn labrum, bicep and rotator cuff, “We’ve got to create some stability, and we are. We’ve got work to do, and that’s what we’re doing. You have to trust the plan. We have to work our way out of this. Darrell Royal is not walking through that door.”

His may not be a blind leap of faith because Herman did go 10-4 in his second year, whip Georgia up and down the Superdome and split two games with Big 12 owner Oklahoma. The second season offered tremendous hope for 2019, but instead we’ve gotten a pedestrian offense, a wildly erratic and too often poor defense, and no momentum at all the second half of the season.

The fans are angry, and Del Conte should want them angry so long as they aren’t detached. This isn’t Herman’s first rodeo, but it’s his first major trouble after going 22-4 at Houston and now winning all three of his bowl games there and at Texas. He has to prove he can overcome this, but he’s never gone through anything quite like this, has he?

https://www.hookem.com/columns/bohls-tom-herman-chris-del-conte-firm-head-coachs-ability-fix-texas/

sorry for cross-posting.

but yea..

CDC did big things at TCU, our football program has improved since he's been here, and as recently as the LSU game (and maybe even the WVU or OU game) everyone felt fine about the football program. He's even gone out and gotten Shaka a bunch of top flight assistants in an effort to set that fraudulent turd up for success. methinks it's a wee bit early for everyone to start spiraling. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

CDC did big things at TCU, our football program has improved since he's been here, and as recently as the LSU game (and maybe even the WVU or OU game) everyone felt fine about the football program. He's even gone out and gotten Shaka a bunch of top flight assistants in an effort to set that fraudulent turd up for success. methinks it's a wee bit early for everyone to start spiraling. 

But spiraling out of control is what we do best...

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

unfortunately they are both likely to fail, deck chairs and all.   I think they are both frauds of the highest order.  one magical season and a few big wins in G5 do not make a P5 coach.  our guys keep hiring flunkies

Shaka is still totally dependent on 3's only and he has no shooters.  yes I guess the D improvement could get us to the dance this year.

Herman was just as unproven as Charlie and we let him do the exact same thing.  hire flunky buddies.  He's slightly better but only because he seems to avoid getting blown out(Baylor game not withstanding).

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I know absolutely nothing about CDC 's career at TCU so I'm asking a serious question.  What are you referring to, big things wise?

What's his history, as far as coach hires go?

Did he hire TCU's baseball coach, because that'd definitely be checkmark in the positive column.

12 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I know absolutely nothing about CDC 's career at TCU so I'm asking a serious question.  What are you referring to, big things wise?

What's his history, as far as coach hires go?

Did he hire TCU's baseball coach, because that'd definitely be checkmark in the positive column.

At TCU, Del Conte led the Horned Frogs into the Big 12 and heled mold a program that turned them into a football power.

Del Conte led the TCU program for nine years and recently signed football coach Gary Patterson to a contract extension through 2022. The Horned Frogs played last week in the Big 12 championship game. Under Del Conte, TCU made a $170 million upgrade to its football stadium and a $72 million renovation of its basketball facility, and the baseball team made the College World Series the last three seasons.

He also brought Jamie Dixon back to TCU which saw their hoops program turn around pretty much overnight. The baseball coach (Schlossnagle) has been there forever, but as noted above they were at their best during CDC's time there.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

At TCU, Del Conte led the Horned Frogs into the Big 12 and heled mold a program that turned them into a football power.

Del Conte led the TCU program for nine years and recently signed football coach Gary Patterson to a contract extension through 2022. The Horned Frogs played last week in the Big 12 championship game. Under Del Conte, TCU made a $170 million upgrade to its football stadium and a $72 million renovation of its basketball facility, and the baseball team made the College World Series the last three seasons.

He also brought Jamie Dixon back to TCU which saw their hoops program turn around pretty much overnight. The baseball coach (Schlossnagle) has been there forever, but as noted above they were at their best during CDC's time there.

Thank you, sir.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

So, he raised money and hired Dixon.

Football team is obviously a dumpster fire and few believe that Herman will be able to right the ship. 

Baseball team was a disaster in 2019 and is nowhere to be seen in the 2020 preseason rankings.  Another year like last year and that program is also on tilt and potentially in need of a change in leadership.

This is Shaka's 5th year and he hasn't won a game in the NCAA tournament or made it out of the Big 12 tournament quarterfinals yet.  He has to be replaced after this season if they don't win a game in the NCAA tournament.

Women's basketball is also sliding after a solid run and women's soccer continues to underachieve (nice 4-1 loss to aggy in the first round of the NCAAs).

CDC could easily find himself in a position where he has to replace each of the men's revenue sport head coaches and the head coaches of two of the biggest women's programs over the next 18 months.  His tenure at Texas will be determined by those decisions.  He will be gone in less than 5 years if he doesn't get football or a significant combination of the other jobs right.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alincoln said:

Football team is obviously a dumpster fire and few believe that Herman will be able to right the ship. 

Baseball team was a disaster in 2019 and is nowhere to be seen in the 2020 preseason rankings.  Another year like last year and that program is also on tilt and potentially in need of a change in leadership.

This is Shaka's 5th year and he hasn't won a game in the NCAA tournament or made it out of the Big 12 tournament quarterfinals yet.  He has to be replaced after this season if they don't win a game in the NCAA tournament.

Women's basketball is also sliding after a solid run and women's soccer continues to underachieve (nice 4-1 loss to aggy in the first round of the NCAAs).

CDC could easily find himself in a position where he has to replace each of the men's revenue sport head coaches and the head coaches of two of the biggest women's programs over the next 18 months.  His tenure at Texas will be determined by those decisions.  He will be gone in less than 5 years if he doesn't get football or a significant combination of the other jobs right.   

Does you women's AD not hire the coaches for women's sports?

I've got no idea how that setup works.

8 hours ago, alincoln said:

Shaka should have to compete for a league title and make the S16, the bar should not be to win 1 game in the tournament but you are likely right. 

CDC hires well for T&F and Softball which gives me hope on his ability. I would give him credit for Hudy, she'll be here long after Shaka. Guessing Herman is back because of the dumb extension, I'll be pissed if CDC allows TO back.

16 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

He’s one million times better than Steve Patterson who I hope never sets foot on UT’s campus again. He almost ruined UT athletics And fan base in the short time he was here. What a jerk. 

None of us should renew our season tickets.  Unfortunately, this administration only gives a shit about dollars.  I’m pissed at the money I spent on tickets and travel this year.  CDC, you raised all the prices on us and delivered a shit product.  We couldn’t even buy LSU tickets without getting season tickets.  I’m not spending a dime on this program if you don’t have the balls to fire this fraud if a head coach.  There is a 2 time national championship head coach sitting there.  The stars don’t align like this often.  Go make an offer and drop this fraud.  

I wouldn't fire him over student tickets. I would seriously fire him over his comments today.

DelConte: "At the beginning of the year, everybody thinks you're going to go undefeated and win a national championship. Right?"

Translation: "Silly fans, you children have unrealistic expectations every year. We can't take you serious"

No Chris, actually our expectations were pretty low, and you still managed to get under them. How condescending of you to say that to the fans. I guess every sports commentator in the country is wrong as well? How silly of us to expect our football team to not be literally laughed at around the country. I hate to say it guys, but anyone that would say something that tone deaf is not the guy to get us there. He's just another fraud. He rode Gary Patterson's coat tail into his dream job. He also signaled today that no major changes in staff will be demanded of Tom Herman. Fuck You Chris. Fuck all of you incompetent asshats that have lined your pockets with money while you drove this program in the ground. I'm done. I've got better things to do on Saturdays.  

Edited by Loather
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, destroya said:

Or maybe he’s not a fucking dumbass and sees no reason to trash Herman before signing day and make him seem like a dead man walking just before he has to likely hire some new assistants. 

I fully expected knee jerk defense of this guy. What exactly is so bad about holding people accountable dumbass? 

12 minutes ago, Loather said:

I fully expected knee jerk defense of this guy. What exactly is so bad about holding people accountable dumbass? 

Nothing wrong with holding him accountable.  But 1)don’t conflate criticizing someone in the press with holding him accountable and 2) don’t assume that since CDC’s not publicly critical of Herman that Herman’s getting some sort of pass from him.

I really hope you don’t think that CDC’s quotes are an accurate reflection of his conversations with Herman and thoughts on the season. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, destroya said:

I really hope you don’t think that CDC’s quotes are an accurate reflection of his conversations with Herman and thoughts on the season. 

ok, despite a ten year running disaster, lets give them the benefit of the doubt, ignore his comments to the press, and just assume that behind the scenes everything is being done absolutely professionally - got it

• Like 1

Very condescending to fans.  One theory is these remarks were directed towards parents of recruits.  If so, risking alienating fans so parents feel good about their sons coaching staff is a bad gamble, imo.  

Btw, if i am a parent of a recruit, do I feel good about the direction of the program?  Do I want to hear everything is ok from the AD?

vote with your feet.  Bowl game tickets? Don’t buy them.  Then season tickets, etc.  

agree ...what a fraud.. winning 7 games is our standard.

7 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

The way you people White Knight for CDC is astonishing.

As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out. But I honestly don't give  fuck what he's saying to the press; I only care about what's happening behind closed doors, and we won't know what that has been for at least another month.

Call me after the bowl game. If serious changes haven't been made by then, then yeah, light the torches and pass out the pitchforks.

In public, though, you don't tear your coach a new one in public unless you've already hired the movers to clear out his office.

• Like 1