Jump to content
bschoolprof

2019-2020 Surly Winter Weather Thread

Recommended Posts

Man....I saw the Falling Iguanas play at the Continental Club once.  They were okay.  Girl I went with was cute, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually shoot these green invasive fuckers...  walked out to the car and a small one (about 16") was clinging onto the trunk of a palm tree about 3' off the ground.  He was trying to warm up and you could tell his batteries were low and he was not having a good time.   I walked right up to him and he just sat there....   I gave him a pass and just left him there, no one deserves to die cold and alone.

If I see him in the herb garden or eating the ever loving shit out of my Jalapeños, his ass will be plant food.  /csb

Edited by Loco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
First real "cold" front of the year...EO03KfnU4AAO6vG?format=jpg&name=medium

 

This exact pic made our 10pm local weather last night. Lots of prayers sent to Florida from the great white north for the locals and the iguanas. 

 

Looks like we're in a jet stream break...we should see highs ranging from 20s-lower 30s to close out January with no storms. Its a good boost of morale for the troops. Especially with February being a short month to get us to March.Sucks its a leap year tho

 

 

Need to get these parking lot snow bank mountains cleared and the corners of intersections knocked down so you can see down streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This exact pic made our 10pm local weather last night. Lots of prayers sent to Florida from the great white north for the locals and the iguanas. 

 

Looks like we're in a jet stream break...we should see highs ranging from 20s-lower 30s to close out January with no storms. Its a good boost of morale for the troops. Especially with February being a short month to get us to March.Sucks its a leap year tho

 

 

Need to get these parking lot snow bank mountains cleared and the corners of intersections knocked down so you can see down streets.

We're in the same range tempwise.  Can't complain about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw on the weather that the last time it didn't freeze in San Antonio in January was 1939.  It's only happened 4 times in recorded history, all in the 1920's and 1930's.  UNTIL NOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some parts of Texas are going to get a big dose of winter tonight.

file.php?id=16273&mode=view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that 9.1" of snow in north central Texas?

That would be a huge snow here.  Hell, we haven't had a storm that big this year.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The local weather dorks in OKC are calling for us to get 4-6 inches. Which means a dusting, more than likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hate said:

Some parts of Texas are going to get a big dose of winter tonight.

file.php?id=16273&mode=view

I'm right in the middle of this in Wichita Falls.  It's going to suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Is that 9.1" of snow in north central Texas?

That would be a huge snow here.  Hell, we haven't had a storm that big this year.

Yes, but it'll be melted by noon.  Kinda different.  Also different is a big swath of the coverage area there is perennially dry.  (Not sure about north Texas though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Yes, but it'll be melted by noon.  Kinda different.  Also different is a big swath of the coverage area there is perennially dry.  (Not sure about north Texas though.)

Yeah, I suppose that moisture will be welcomed anyway they can get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I'm right in the middle of this in Wichita Falls.  It's going to suck.

Suck?? Get yourself to a liquor store and stock up.  Then you can sit at home drunk and watch it snow all night while posting on Surly.  That sounds awesome to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if you take them straight out of the oven or off the grill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all ready for winter, but forecast now says the low won't get below freezing.  Mosquitos are going to carry us all away this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was all ready for winter, but forecast now says the low won't get below freezing.  Mosquitos are going to carry us all away this summer.

Bring on the Zika 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's just a future glimpse of what these killer mosquitoes are going to look like this summer if we don't get a prolonged freeze soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bunch of folks in Midland are supposed to be flying in to Houston for NAPE tomorrow. Talked to a few that rescheduled flights to this evening since it's supposed to be in the 20's and snowing tomorrow morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m North and East of Hereford and all the feedyards that produce all the fecal dust and aroma. The prevailing SW winds that blow 90% of the time are the winds that bring the joy.

Smells like money to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Bunch of folks in Midland are supposed to be flying in to Houston for NAPE tomorrow. Talked to a few that rescheduled flights to this evening since it's supposed to be in the 20's and snowing tomorrow morning.

NAPE headed ho's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you'd call this a wintery mix. Getting snow, sleet and freezing rain all at the same time in Trophy Club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw some sort of wintry mix come down at HEB in circle c. They promptly shut the door I was walking into at 8 pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Saw some sort of wintry mix come down at HEB in circle c. They promptly shut the door I was walking into at 8 pm

So open or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Nice snowfall in Hewitt right now. 

Didnt even notice until you posted. I feel like it's been a couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Didnt even notice until you posted. I feel like it's been a couple years.

Actually getting some good sized flakes and sticking to things.  Supposed to keep going for a while 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...