Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Might as well provide some background on why I kept saying Urban was a no and was a wet blanket. My source of info was the best possible source you could think of. I can’t go into any more detail on how I had this visibility. I just did, but I’ve known since the beginning of December he passed and posted it on here multiple times. 

Futureman is full of shit on Urban never being in play. He was and Texas wanted him. He just said no. Like everyone, I was just hoping Urban was lying to those around him. He wasn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Pretty fucking simple, he was a maybe and then decided no.  

No shit. The insiders said a long time ago Meyer said no but Texas would try to keep the door open. They were actually right for once, this thread was just about internet fans trying to keep a dream alive and to have some fun while waiting for a coaching change.

I will say that it's nice to have an athletic department that can keep a tight lid on stuff. Even though that makes babies like Rockethorn cry. Actually, make that especially because it makes babies like Rockethorn cry.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Might as well provide some background on why I kept saying Urban was a no and was a wet blanket. My source of info was the best possible source you could think of. I can’t go into any more detail on how I had this visibility. I just did, but I’ve known since the beginning of December he passed and posted it on here multiple times. 

Futureman is full of shit on Urban never being in play. He was and Texas wanted him. He just said no. Like everyone, I was just hoping Urban was lying to those around him. He wasn’t. 

Are you Shelley's cabana boy?

Just now, Dbeasy said:

You definitely were the only one who had the NO CUM to UT with sources. 

4 minutes ago, Griff said:

While no Urbs to the rescue, Herman had to go.  So welcome Coach Sark & Hook’em. 

This thread provided many hours of enjoyment, got me to finally sign up and pay my annual tree fiddy.

Hah, became a surly subscriber during this thread as well

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

you teach spin class at wood house spa?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PDX_Horn said:

This is literally gonna be Tom Herman 2.0

How the fuck did UT just hire a guy that was fired for cause?

No way in hell did donors really want this dude and I guess we had to pivot for Cutty Sark?

Get your little dick energy out of this fucking thread

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30250885/no-outrunning-alabama-steve-sarkisian-ready-another-head-coaching-job

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

This is literally gonna be Tom Herman 2.0

How the fuck did UT just hire a guy that was fired for cause?

No way in hell did donors really want this dude and I guess we had to pivot for Cutty Sark?

This doesn't happen without the people paying for Herman's buyout on board.

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Incoming flight from Tuscaloosa to Austin Exec, touches down at 5:30 local. 

That’s an interesting route that plane is taking.  
the weed pot route.  

Sark gave up the booze for the weeds?  Probably for the best in his case.  

Just went through that cockgobbler tiny tim brando's twitter timeline. Three hours ago he was posting he was told Sark had turned us down and it was probably because Saban told him he'd be the next coach at Bama. Brando is dumber than a filet o fish.

Ok. It's been real. It's been fun. and hell, yeah, it has been real fun!  Now that this has gone this way, I am interested in Saban's power in this game.  I will take a shot. 

I think it is possible Sark went to Saban and said I'm gonna accept this job, and we can keep it on the dl until Monday night after the game? And Nick thought about it about 30 minutes or so, and said you know what, what are the chances this can be kept under wraps for 9-10 days with absolutely no leaks? Also, Steve, you're going to want to interview  assts. here and all over the country  for possible jobs, so there is a ton more possibilities for leaks.  Bottom line, this will leak out if you try to contain it.  So,  instead of trying to do the impossible, let's embrace the publicity, get the big news over with as quickly as possible after we beat Notre Dame, and that way get it out of the way, and also give the players something else to motivate them as well.  They can give you a going away present- a National Championship.  Saban can also give Sark hints on how to budget his time during the 9 days in between the semi-final game and the final game.  

Is Saban smart enough to come up with that tactic?  He has certainly been around the huge stage long enough.  Very possible.  Will it work?  I think it will.  And once again Saban proves he is the GOAT of college coaches.  

Now for Urban, well dude, we tried hiring two of your "top" assistants, they couldn't do shit, and we finally gave up and tried you.  Who knows why you positioned yourself as the best candidate for the job, but you did.  You were so successful we offered you twice.  We wanted to wait after the NC game and offer you a third time, but some people in our camp wouldn't wait.  You passed up an opportunity to become that rare bird, a man with NCs at three different universities.  And you passed up a chance to have a net worth of about $100 million in about 6 years.  I hope you enjoyed this little fishing expedition, and I hope to God we are done with your coaching tree.  

has·ta la vis·ta

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This doesn't happen without the people paying for Herman's buyout on board.

I’m more than willing to bet donors were sold on the idea of Urban, Kelly, etc. and this happened. 

Gonna be a lot of ill will moving forward when this inevitably crashes and burns.