Jump to content
Hugo Stiglitz

The Roger Stone Trial

Recommended Posts

I'm addicted to raping baby seals and I don't care who knows it. If you don't love me at my worse you're just a fucking asshole."



Two Surly motto-worthy sentences.

Put ‘em on the wall.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This plus all the impeachment hearing stuff is just driving me nuts.  Every day it's just confirming all the shit we already fucking know. 

giphy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, Chooky said:

Roger "the doc used the shit out of those forceps" Stone

He was extracted with a Hoover Wet-Dry Vac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, this explains all the Mueller Report redactions surrounding Roger Stone...

Of course, you could see most of this in broad fucking daylight in the Trump campaign.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh so the most obvious answer was the answer?  Just like every other fucking thing that's been obvious over the past 3 years?  Get outta town.  I thought these were criminal masterminds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh so the most obvious answer was the answer?  Just like every other fucking thing that's been obvious over the past 3 years?  Get outta town.  I thought these were criminal masterminds!

Yeah....but chapter 98,756 in the book of "Absolutely Nothing Fucking Matters Anymore."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh so the most obvious answer was the answer?  Just like every other fucking thing that's been obvious over the past 3 years?  Get outta town.  I thought these were criminal masterminds!

 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....but chapter 98,756 in the book of "Absolutely Nothing Fucking Matters Anymore."

Yeah well how much of nothing matters anymore is because of limp dick Mueller playing the middle of the road game? The more shit that comes out, the bigger of a coward he looks like for deferring to Barr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

 

Yeah well how much of nothing matters anymore is because of limp dick Mueller playing the middle of the road game? The more shit that comes out, the bigger of a coward he looks like for deferring to Barr. 

cmon, it's not like there's clear evidence that trump lied to Mueller or anything, right? /s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's sad that so many of these cases prove that Trump lied to the public again and again. I think many of his supporters know he lies but they just don't care.

Trump is ruining America. Hopefully he will go down as the worst American ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

 

 

All indications are Trump committed perjury to Mueller to obstruct their coordination (criminal conspiracy) with the Russian hack and release to benefit his electoral prospects.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

And the evidence proving the above revelation should absolutely be included in his articles of impeachment.

Whatever.  Shoot a man in the face, middle of fifth avenue, all that.

The rule of law is over.  The rule of Trump it is.  Supported by an entire political party that has happily betrayed every principle and ideal our Republic claims to be based upon.  Get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man literally said he could commit crimes and his supporters wouldn't care and Republicans don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

The man literally said he could commit crimes and his supporters wouldn't care and Republicans don't.

Nope, it's worse than the GOP and its supporters not caring.  They LOVE it.  They love "owning the libs" by openly supporting an open and obvious criminal, and "there's nothing the libtards can do about it!"  It's the flexing of power for the sake of flexing power, damn the consequences.  The only thing that matters is "sticking it to the libs," and what sticks it to the libs more than keeping an open criminal in office because you can?

It's open abuse of power to show you that they can abuse power, and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope, it's worse than the GOP and its supporters not caring.  They LOVE it.  They love "owning the libs" by openly supporting an open and obvious criminal, and "there's nothing the libtards can do about it!"  It's the flexing of power for the sake of flexing power, damn the consequences.  The only thing that matters is "sticking it to the libs," and what sticks it to the libs more than keeping an open criminal in office because you can?

It's open abuse of power to show you that they can abuse power, and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it.

 

Yep.  Reading the comments on news articles online, Facebook, etc, a big part of all this is they have been conditioned to believe stupid conspiracies like "Hillary sold 20% of our country's uranium to Russia and got away with it!" or "Hillary killed Seth Rich and supported a pizza parlor's pedophile ring and got away with it!!" and "Benghazi!" and "emails!"  I think some of them know what Trump does is wrong but it's okay because the swamp, aka Democrats, have been getting away with it for so long.  2+ decades of Rush, Fox News, and actual fake news has them convinced this is payback for a bunch of stuff that didn't really happen.

Propaganda is effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom said:

 

Yep.  Reading the comments on news articles online, Facebook, etc, a big part of all this is they have been conditioned to believe stupid conspiracies like "Hillary sold 20% of our country's uranium to Russia and got away with it!" or "Hillary killed Seth Rich and supported a pizza parlor's pedophile ring and got away with it!!" and "Benghazi!" and "emails!"  I think some of them know what Trump does is wrong but it's okay because the swamp, aka Democrats, have been getting away with it for so long.  2+ decades of Rush, Fox News, and actual fake news has them convinced this is payback for a bunch of stuff that didn't really happen.

Propaganda is effective.

That's actually a really good observation, and I think it translates well to human psychology.

As a point of comparison, remember the reaction to the OJ criminal trial verdict?  Black America has long thought (with good reason) that the system was stacked against them, that guilt and innocence had little to do with the actual results that were almost always "black guy goes to prison."  When the OJ verdict came out, non-black people were stunned -- the evidence sure seemed to support conviction.  But we were gobsmacked by the reaction by black America -- celebrations in the streets.  It took me a while to understand it.  But when you think that the "other side" has been getting away with utter bullshit for forever, then when your side finally gets to get away with bullshit, it sure shows them!  It's a point of pride -- we won, finally!

That's where we are.  The insane belief that anything associated with Dems is actually some vast criminal action has led to the GOP and its base to CELEBRATE getting away with ACTUAL vast criminal action.

Which means that as a society, we are entirely broken.  And there's no fucking recovery from this shit.  Thus, the ledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brisketexan said:

That's actually a really good observation, and I think it translates well to human psychology.

As a point of comparison, remember the reaction to the OJ criminal trial verdict?  Black America has long thought (with good reason) that the system was stacked against them, that guilt and innocence had little to do with the actual results that were almost always "black guy goes to prison."  When the OJ verdict came out, non-black people were stunned -- the evidence sure seemed to support conviction.  But we were gobsmacked by the reaction by black America -- celebrations in the streets.  It took me a while to understand it.  But when you think that the "other side" has been getting away with utter bullshit for forever, then when your side finally gets to get away with bullshit, it sure shows them!  It's a point of pride -- we won, finally!

That's where we are.  The insane belief that anything associated with Dems is actually some vast criminal action has led to the GOP and its base to CELEBRATE getting away with ACTUAL vast criminal action.

Which means that as a society, we are entirely broken.  And there's no fucking recovery from this shit.  Thus, the ledge.

Would it really be so bad if the United States of America broke up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Would it really be so bad if the United States of America broke up?

In the abstract, no.  The problem is geography, and the fact that the two core factions live around and among each other.  The lines of demarcation couldn't be drawn in any way that wouldn't lead to massive population movement, violence, and outright war.

But, yes.  If I could give The Republic of Trump half of our shit, and all the people supporting it, and let them sink or swim on their own....I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Whatever.  Shoot a man in the face, middle of fifth avenue, all that.

The rule of law is over.  The rule of Trump it is.  Supported by an entire political party that has happily betrayed every principle and ideal our Republic claims to be based upon.  Get used to it.

Pile it on nevertheless, even if it comes down to elections.  At a minimum, elections remain a last viable remedy.  And while there is plenty to suggest our electoral system is unbalanced and sputtering, there is clear evidence it's not a total wipeout.  2018 mideterms happened.  Doug Jones happened.  Virginia state legislature flipping last week happened.  And perhaps most significantly, the Dem candidate won KY Governorship despite a propaganda effort on the electorate similar to the social media assault seen in the Russian Internet Research Agency operation in 2016.

 

So pile it on.  The House must incorporate new evidence from the Roger Stone trial to double down on Trump articles of impeachment and to counter the unending assault by Bill Barr to undermine Mueller's report.  No letting up.

Edited by triplehorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom said:

 

Yep.  Reading the comments on news articles online, Facebook, etc, a big part of all this is they have been conditioned to believe stupid conspiracies like "Hillary sold 20% of our country's uranium to Russia and got away with it!" or "Hillary killed Seth Rich and supported a pizza parlor's pedophile ring and got away with it!!" and "Benghazi!" and "emails!"  I think some of them know what Trump does is wrong but it's okay because the swamp, aka Democrats, have been getting away with it for so long.  2+ decades of Rush, Fox News, and actual fake news has them convinced this is payback for a bunch of stuff that didn't really happen.

Propaganda is effective.

At this point I can't even call it propaganda. Propaganda is rooted in some sort of kernel of truth. What these people do today is just straight out lying and making shit up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

At this point I can't even call it propaganda. Propaganda is rooted in some sort of kernel of truth. What these people do today is just straight out lying and making shit up.

 

Gaslighting is the preferred nomenclature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

All indications are Trump committed perjury to Mueller to obstruct their coordination (criminal conspiracy) with the Russian hack and release to benefit his electoral prospects.

Something something something... the blowjob itself is not why Clinton was impeached... something something something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RPM said:

Gaslighting is the preferred nomenclature.

Gaslighting takes either a tremendous amount of skill or a vulnerable victim of such tactics. Gaslighting is when the person with which you’re arguing has gotten to the point where you basically question your own sanity.

I’m not the smartest person in the world by any real measure, but there’s not a single GOP hack whose ass I couldn’t whip in a debate, much less could any of those effeminate losers push me anywhere close to questioning my sanity.

Edited by hpslugga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why?

It's a joke, dude.

Trump will not resign.

Trump will be re-elected.

And he will be re-elected again, when his handpicked SCOTUS finds that the term-limit amendment is void or some shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a joke, dude.

Trump will not resign.

Trump will be re-elected.

And he will be re-elected again, when his handpicked SCOTUS finds that the term-limit amendment is void or some shit.

This man gets it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Gaslighting takes a tremendous amount of skill. Gaslighting is when the person with which you’re arguing has gotten to the point where you basically question your own sanity.

I’m not the smartest person in the world by any real measure, but there’s not a single GOP hack whose ass I couldn’t whip in a debate, much less could any of those effeminate losers push me anywhere close to questioning my sanity.

You can't whip them in a debate with logic.  Their arguments aren't logic based nor do they apply logic.  It's why they can argue against the Ivy Leaguers  while giving tax cuts to the 1%.  It's why they support a guy that ran on the ability to commit crimes and not lose voters, and then when guy commits crimes, deny/defend it.  You can lose your shit rationally arguing this while rock (just one) for brains looks at you and says why do you have so much anger?  It'd be easy to say f'k em if it didn't eventually f'k me as well.  Because it eventually will since it's meant to f'k everybody but the 1%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

As a point of comparison, remember the reaction to the OJ criminal trial verdict?  Black America has long thought (with good reason) that the system was stacked against them, that guilt and innocence had little to do with the actual results that were almost always "black guy goes to prison."  When the OJ verdict came out, non-black people were stunned -- the evidence sure seemed to support conviction.  But we were gobsmacked by the reaction by black America -- celebrations in the streets.  It took me a while to understand it.  But when you think that the "other side" has been getting away with utter bullshit for forever, then when your side finally gets to get away with bullshit, it sure shows them!  It's a point of pride -- we won, finally!

I'm neither white nor black.  I thought it was just that the glove didn't fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh so the most obvious answer was the answer?  Just like every other fucking thing that's been obvious over the past 3 years?  Get outta town.  I thought these were criminal masterminds!

It's okay now. See, we're used to the story, and Russian interference and illegal campaigning really doesn't seem like the big deal it was three years ago. We need to take a chill pill. It will help us keep our balance on the ledge when we've already thrown four or five bottles of the good stuff at the screaming/sleeping/whatever mob below.

Edited by RomaVicta
Italicized the living fuck out of "now."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I'm neither white nor black.  I thought it was just that the glove didn't fit.

Should have had him try on the bra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is going to have to resign now.

Yes, Eric Trump is going to have to resign himself to the fact that as a fetus, he was injected with bat DNA.

Edited by SizzleChest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, Brisketexan said:

That's actually a really good observation, and I think it translates well to human psychology.

As a point of comparison, remember the reaction to the OJ criminal trial verdict?  Black America has long thought (with good reason) that the system was stacked against them, that guilt and innocence had little to do with the actual results that were almost always "black guy goes to prison."  When the OJ verdict came out, non-black people were stunned -- the evidence sure seemed to support conviction.  But we were gobsmacked by the reaction by black America -- celebrations in the streets.  It took me a while to understand it.  But when you think that the "other side" has been getting away with utter bullshit for forever, then when your side finally gets to get away with bullshit, it sure shows them!  It's a point of pride -- we won, finally!

That's where we are.  The insane belief that anything associated with Dems is actually some vast criminal action has led to the GOP and its base to CELEBRATE getting away with ACTUAL vast criminal action.

Which means that as a society, we are entirely broken.  And there's no fucking recovery from this shit.  Thus, the ledge.

 

Your comparison breaks down along one important point: Black people were correct in that "the other side" had been getting away with it for decades, even centuries.

But the GOP thing that Tom brings up, "the other side" haven't been getting away with anything. EDIT: because they havent' been doing anything they need to get away with.

 

On 11/12/2019 at 12:48 PM, Brisketexan said:

In the abstract, no.  The problem is geography, and the fact that the two core factions live around and among each other.  The lines of demarcation couldn't be drawn in any way that wouldn't lead to massive population movement, violence, and outright war.

But, yes.  If I could give The Republic of Trump half of our shit, and all the people supporting it, and let them sink or swim on their own....I'd be perfectly fine with that.

 

How about we give them East Texas (excepting the greater Houston Metroplex but including college station), OK, KS, all the SEC states? Maybe throw in Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, and W. Virginia. Non Trumptards could move out of those states, perhaps we could work out a land swap with Trumptards who move into those states.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Your comparison breaks down along one important point: Black people were correct in that "the other side" had been getting away with it for decades, even centuries.

But the GOP thing that Tom brings up, "the other side" haven't been getting away with anything. EDIT: because they havent' been doing anything they need to get away with.

Oh, I thought I clarified it by referring to the GOP's beliefs as insane.  You are correct, that's a big difference.  But the psychology at the end of that is the same -- whether you're actually getting a shitty deal, or you've deluded yourself into thinking you got a shitty deal, the conclusion is the same -- "getting away with it" yourself is sweet, sweet revenge.

We're run by a band of deranged nutbars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, hpslugga said:

Gaslighting takes either a tremendous amount of skill or a vulnerable victim of such tactics. Gaslighting is when the person with which you’re arguing has gotten to the point where you basically question your own sanity.

I’m not the smartest person in the world by any real measure, but there’s not a single GOP hack whose ass I couldn’t whip in a debate, much less could any of those effeminate losers push me anywhere close to questioning my sanity.

Yeah, the appropriation of gaslighting to describe current events is verging on a malapropism.  I'd guess 99.9% of its users don't know the origin and haven't seen the film.  Even gaslighting has a grain of apparent truth (things seem as described, even if they aren't).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wait they are already to closing arguments?  That seems quick.

When your defense is "Fuck you" and then rests, you get quick results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I thought I clarified it by referring to the GOP's beliefs as insane.  You are correct, that's a big difference.  But the psychology at the end of that is the same -- whether you're actually getting a shitty deal, or you've deluded yourself into thinking you got a shitty deal, the conclusion is the same -- "getting away with it" yourself is sweet, sweet revenge.

We're run by a band of deranged nutbars.

But many of them *have* been getting a shitty deal. It's only that they've been brainwashed into believing that it's the ebil libs who have been thoroughly fucking them over and not the kleptocratic 0.1 percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

But many of them *have* been getting a shitty deal. It's only that they've been brainwashed into believing that it's the ebil libs who have been thoroughly fucking them over and not the kleptocratic 0.1 percent.

Well, they've gotten ignore-horsefucked by #bothsides.  That was part of Trump's evil genius.  He spoke to them for once.  It's like talking to a fat chick, doesn't matter what you say to her, you're probably going to get some.

What no one realized is how well that fat-chick whispering worked with a bunch of the rest of the dumbshits.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...