2020 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

They would reprint the old 50’s comic book style mags and include them in the 70’s magazines, so I got a great sample of that style, and I read some in the late 60’s, but the 70’s was when I think the rag really took off... and I was old enough to get most of the jokes. Whenever I would see later issues, I didn’t think they had the same quality. Drucker, Don Martin, Al Jaffe, Aragones = heyday IMO.

I’m in my late 50’s now (furk) but I believe the sensibilities learned from MAD and being a latch key kid, watching all those sitcom reruns, molded my mind into an ever adolescent universe that is capable of being an adult, but always aware of the bullshit and humor the world holds. And tits.

Same age here. I looked at the Mad magazines my older sisters and neighbors had in late 60s, but I didn’t get most of the satire until the early 70s. I pretended to get it, though. 

Mister Tiger
10 Gold Gloves
18 time All Star
Over 3,000 Hit club
.297 lifetime avg.
399HRs

Superior defensive outfielder that hit for average and power. He was what you call a complete player.
Seems pretty basic to me.

Unconfirmed reports of Kim Jong Un being on the clock

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/kim-jong-un-north-korea/index.html

The US is monitoring intelligence that North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, is in grave danger after a surgery, according to a US official with direct knowledge.

Kim recently missed the celebration of his grandfather's birthday on April 15, which raised speculation about his well-being. He had been seen four days before that at a government meeting.
Another US official told CNN Monday that the concerns about Kim's health are credible but the severity is hard to assess.
Daily NK, an online newspaper based in South Korea that focuses on North Korea, reports that Kim reportedly received a cardiovascular system procedure on April 12.

Did not know she lived in Austin, and that’s gotta be horrible for her twin brother

Former Playboy Playmate Ashley Mattingly is dead at the age of 33, E! News has learned.

The Travis County Medical Examiner's Office in Austin, Tex. confirmed the news, but have not yet reached an official cause of death. Mattingly's family, however, told E! News that she died of an apparent suicide on Thursday, April 16.

"We learned late Thursday night that it is believed that our dear sister with a larger-than-life personality took her own life," a family statement read. "Ashley moved closer to home a couple years ago and was living in Austin. It's maybe no secret that Ashley struggled with alcohol and substance abuse, but she wanted to and was working to get better."

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

He was 87, so not too many points available.

Not sure anybody on my list has scored yet. Half way through the year almost and a worldwide pandemic. I’m the Shaka of death pools.

Keep your chin up, Larry! We're all rooting for you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Things are looking up for me.  If that fat fuck in NK is dead and it has just not been leaked yet I am gold.  Maxwell is now on the clock since she has been arrested.

Aren't you sitting at -3 right now?  Everyone on my list is still alive and I'm doing better.

• Like 1

Mary Kay Letourneau, the Seattle teacher who was convicted in 1997 of raping a 13-year-old student she later married, has died of cancer, her former attorney says. She was 58.

Letourneau died fairly suddenly in her home late Monday, her former attorney David Gehrke told CNN. Most of her family was with her, including Vili Fualaau, her former student and ex-husband who was giving her 24-hour care the last month of her life.
Letourneau pleaded guilty to raping 13-year-old Fualaau when she was 34. She gave birth to Fualaau's child before she served seven years in prison on charges related to the rape. The couple later had a second child.