Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I'd like to see the evidence that justifies that decision. If there is any. Which I doubt. 

He saw it on Fox News, no doubt. Look, Antifa is a piece of shit and they are co-opting a legitimate moment in time. But there is no doubt this move will be used to justify a harder crack down on any future protest, even if completely peaceful. 

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I didn't try and judge either faith by the actions of a few, rather point out that the actions and words of those few are a stain on the rest of the faith. 

The comparison to art isn't correct either. I don't recall any paintings commiting suicide bombings or the atrocities of the crusades.

The comparison to art is that it's just a name. If you call it art, it's art, and if you call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian. (I do think that the aesthetic experience is probably often interpreted as a religious experience but that's beside the point.) I like to say, show me a thousand Christians and I'll show you a thousand versions of Christianity. I'm not a Christian but I know what kind of Christian I'd be if I was. And the Evangelicals don't represent my interpretation of Christianity. But then, looking back over the past nearly two millennia, probably most of them haven't, including quite a few Popes. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The comparison to art is that it's just a name. If you call it art, it's art, and if you call yourself a Christian, you're a Christian. (I do think that the aesthetic experience is probably often interpreted as a religious experience but that's beside the point.) I like to say, show me a thousand Christians and I'll show you a thousand versions of Christianity. I'm not a Christian but I know what kind of Christian I'd be if I was. And the Evangelicals don't represent my interpretation of Christianity. But then, looking back over the past nearly two millennia, probably most of them haven't, including quite a few Popes. 

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, the part I bolded I agree with 100 percent and have made those same points in real life conversations with friends.

Guest Lobo
22 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Haven't checked his Twitter feed today, but how did maga night turn out?

It was a 'Stone Groove', my man.  It was the most righteous... 

31 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm not a Christian but I know what kind of Christian I'd be if I was. And the Evangelicals don't represent my interpretation of Christianity. But then, looking back over the past nearly two millennia, probably most of them haven't, including quite a few Popes. 

tumblr_phwhtfxgoh1qg8pg5_540.png

Hence, the origin of the term "sick burn, bro".  ("Quemadura enferma, carnal.")

Edited by tantric superman
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A couple of honest questions:

1.  is ANTIFA an actual organization?  You know, with membership cards and dues?

2.  has the KKK been labeled a "terrorist organization"?  Proud Boys?  OAN or FOX?

In the USA now domestically it is 

Alpha 66
Animal Liberation Front
ANTIFA
Army of God (USA)
Aryan Nations
Earth Liberation Front
Jewish Defense League
Ku Klux Klan
Phineas Priesthood

Edited by SimonBolivar

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

It also helps that the Floyd family is going on record stating BIden spoke to them for nearly 30 min while Trump’s convo was brief, quick, and wasn’t one where the Floyd family got to really speak. 

Well, as you know, Trump is quite busy planning his next Tweet, round of golf, 2-fer-1 Big Mac feast, etc.  He doesn't really have the time to make a compassionate phone call where he can let the victim's family express their grief.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1.  is ANTIFA an actual organization?  You know, with membership cards and dues?

2.  has the KKK been labeled a "terrorist organization"?  Proud Boys?  OAN or FOX?

Yeah, I'd like to know how they're going to be identified.

Lol, just kidding.  I know how.

Trump has effectively convinced massive amount of people that our disastrous COVID response is due to China and New York. In fact, in the non-political COVID, that is the acceptable narrative.

Homeless problem? Democratic mayors of big cities

Riots? Democratic mayors

Depression? Democratic governors shutting business down.

Our rural problems are a slow rot that has largely been ignored. Urban problems are in your face with a lot of people of color.

We need voter registrations, not more protests.

16 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

In the USA now domestically it is 

Alpha 66
Animal Liberation Front
ANTIFA
Army of God (USA)
Aryan Nations
Earth Liberation Front
Jewish Defense League
Ku Klux Klan
Phineas Priesthood

You forgot the People's Front of Judea. 

36 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Trump has effectively convinced massive amount of people that our disastrous COVID response is due to China and New York. In fact, in the non-political COVID, that is the acceptable narrative.

Homeless problem? Democratic mayors of big cities

Riots? Democratic mayors

Depression? Democratic governors shutting business down.

No one who hadn't already sworn lifelong allegiance to MAGA is buying any of this.  They're the minority, always have been.  They have an outsized voice in national level politics, which is a big part of our problems right now, but they're still a minority

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

As best as I can tell it's not a law, so "domestic terrorists" aren't breaking any laws by being in their group. It might make it easier to surveil and seize assets of those individuals though.

Also, pretty sure Antifa is just a twitter account, don't think they have membership cards. Essentially, this will just let Trumps base yell at hipsters and call them terrorists. Not much else will change. 

Edited by Lagunamadre
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Completely forgot about this speech when Trump said it's important not to be too nice to arrestees and to rough them up (to applause from the cops in the crowd).

this shit needs to find its way into a lincoln project video asap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Completely forgot about this speech when Trump said it's important not to be too nice to arrestees and to rough them up (to applause from the cops in the crowd).

I didn't.

I also didn't forget about him hosting the head of the Minneapolis PD union (yes, that Minneapolis) to the mic at one of his rallies, wearing his "cops for Trump" shirt, praising Trump for "taking the handcuffs off of cops" to let them police the way he wants.  The way he wants being knees crushing throats.

This EXACT incident relates directly back to Trump.  

Every campaign ad that can do so should call back to that fact.  Every one.  Everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I didn't.

I also didn't forget about him hosting the head of the Minneapolis PD union (yes, that Minneapolis) to the mic at one of his rallies, wearing his "cops for Trump" shirt, praising Trump for "taking the handcuffs off of cops" to let them police the way he wants.  The way he wants being knees crushing throats.

This EXACT incident relates directly back to Trump.  

Every campaign ad that can do so should call back to that fact.  Every one.  Everywhere.

Eta - Only certain people in certain cities governed by nasty far left radical Dems are responsible - The Donald and the DT thread 

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett
Cholas 4 life
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump retweeting Qanon accounts again

Exclusive: FBI document warns conspiracy theories are a new domestic terrorism threat

The FBI intelligence bulletin from the bureau’s Phoenix field office, dated May 30, 2019, describes “conspiracy theory-driven domestic extremists,” as a growing threat, and notes that it is the first such report to do so. It lists a number of arrests, including some that haven’t been publicized, related to violent incidents motivated by fringe beliefs.

The document specifically mentions QAnon, a shadowy network that believes in a deep state conspiracy against President Trump, and Pizzagate, the theory that a pedophile ring including Clinton associates was being run out of the basement of a Washington, D.C., pizza restaurant (which didn’t actually have a basement).

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents-conspiracy-theories-terrorism-160000507.html

"Is this what voters want with Sleepy Joe?"

The country is on fire, tens of millions unemployed, pandemic still sweeping the country, and he's already been impeached. I think this is what voters don't want with Biden, moron.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The country is on fire, tens of millions unemployed, pandemic still sweeping the country, and he's already been impeached. I think this is what voters don't want with Biden, moron.

He doesn’t understand that he currently is the President and it is happening during his term. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

he definitely sees it as some sort of decided electoral advantage that all these big cities have democratic mayors.  i guess when you're pushing the "us vs them" mentality for so long, the political calculus gets pretty simple.