Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

28 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

LA county just shut it all down.  food medical and essential business thats it.  in an area with such a stupid high COL this is going to hurt a lot of folks

Not all. County courts are open again tomorrow with almost zero mitigation in place. Going to be packed with cops, witnesses, families, attorneys, and defendants. It will be a zoo.

I had an elective medical procedure (penis reduction surgery) scheduled for next week at Austin Regional Clinic.  They called me today and cancelled my procedure.  Nurse said they cancelled all elective procedures due to CV19.  They are not rescheduling at this time.
Nurse was making a pass at you, Dumbass.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

for coronavirus we had the gene sequence within a week, the test was approved by Feb 4th(2 weeks after), then we found the CDC fucked up the test(thanks CDC), March 4th we started sending out kits for 700,000 tests, CDC recommended only testing people with certain criteria, March 8th we had enough kits sent out for 1.1Million tests.

The CDC is limiting the test criteria.

On second thought, I'm not going to engage. 

Edited by Dahobbs
sorry

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

as chitowndoc told us, the anti-virals are making an impact.  plus i'm guessing the msm is 36-48 hours behind on the deployment of chloroquine and favipiravir. or if they know they are slow rolling it and for once i am all for fake news.  the zoomers have got to get with the program.

also the cfr has zero to do with the R0 or curve flattening.  i'm also guessing italy did not have any chlorquine or favipiravir or if they did, were not using it.

lets hope the sooner doc is right.  I think he is.

29 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

This is where federal gov't needs to come in and shut it down. Letting the states piece meal this while still allowing  air travel is not going to work.

Shut down all the airports, close all non-essential businesses, etc etc

Too many dipshits out there.

We've let ignorance run rampant in this country for far too long.  Social media has exacerbated it.  We are seeing one of the more serious consequences of that these last several weeks.  

/and I love a good "Ow my balls" video

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Yep and then all of these fucktards hope on planes and fly home. Hope Florida enjoyed that last little bit of tax revenue they made. Fuckers.

Florida was one of the states trying to hold out on revealing test numbers, cases, etc. and claiming federal regulations would let them reveal anything.  

But they were also staring down the barrel of losing spring break revenue if they acted too fast.  

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm getting ragey seeing the FL BS go on.  They announced spring break is over but don't shut beaches down?  It's infuriating.  

FL County where my family’s beach house is shut down the beaches. Fine print shows that only effects 3 miles of coastline out of 27 miles since the rest is private or state park.

I can confirm beach is open although everyone is keeping social distance. 

edit: county shut down all public beach access but 1) impossible to enforce and 2) plenty of private access available. 

Edited by Telegraph_it

14 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Not all. County courts are open again tomorrow with almost zero mitigation in place. Going to be packed with cops, witnesses, families, attorneys, and defendants. It will be a zoo.

Newsom just issued a shelter in place order for the state. 

After four days of this in SF, I’d say that it’s gotten significantly more people out on the streets and parks for walks than usual (and at all times of day), though with bars and restaurants closed there’s overall net less close interaction. 

I was at a park by my place with my dog and it was more packed than it was for fleet week - I overheard a ton of people say it was their first time to check it out. That’s fine, I suppose, as social distancing was implicit - the boomers have cocktail block parties outside their condos were not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Take it to the cloakroom fuckwad.

There was once a day when American Manufacturing came to the world's rescue. Those days are gone - along with our manufacturing base - thanks to our economic policies since the mid-70's. 

how is that political in any way shape or form?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

FL County where my family’s beach house is shut down the beaches. Fine print shows that only effects 3 miles of coastline out of 27 miles since the rest is private or state park.

I can confirm beach is open although everyone is keeping social distance. 

edit: county shut down all public beach access but 1) impossible to enforce and 2) plenty of private access available. 

I'm ok with walks on the beach but I can't see one more clip of dumbmotherfuckers pounding drinks.  You're literally fucking all of us over you ignorant POS.  In NYC we are now officially using one vent on 2 patients.  That is some third world country shit.  FUCK EVERY ONE OF THOSE CUNTS

• Like 4

Have an in-law who is living the “van life” with her SO.  Or avoiding responsibility and trying to live off of her dad and stepmom for just a little bit longer.   

Anyways, she’s trying to find relatives to stay with, because they are staring down the closures of rest stops and convenience stores.   State of Texas rest stop lobbies are already being closed, outdoor bathrooms are staying open and cleaned for truckers for now, but some of the bigger rest stop chains are reducing hours.     They have a little camping potty (for pissing) but getting nervous.  They have no sanitizer  because they ignored us a month ago when we pointed out their situation.   

Given that they are going in and out of rest stops and truck stop bathrooms and the like on a daily basis, we are all like “yeah, pretty sure you have it or will get it, and if you go anywhere near your dad or stepmom, we will see you completely cut off and/or possibly an ass beating will be administered.”

Ironically, the “van life” folks should be able to fair pretty well, given their minimalist life styles they supposedly follow, and being able to physically cut themselves off from the general population, but will be interesting to see the YouTube videos in a few weeks when many realize they rely on modern civilization.  

• Like 2

Have an in-law who is living the “van life” with her SO.  Or avoiding responsibility and trying to live off of her dad and stepmom for just a little bit longer.   
Anyways, she’s trying to find relatives to stay with, because they are staring down the closures of rest stops and convenience stores.   State of Texas rest stop lobbies are already being closed, outdoor bathrooms are staying open and cleaned for truckers for now, but some of the bigger rest stop chains are reducing hours.     They have a little camping potty (for pissing) but getting nervous.  They have no sanitizer  because they ignored us a month ago when we pointed out their situation.   
Given that they are going in and out of rest stops and truck stop bathrooms and the like on a daily basis, we are all like “yeah, pretty sure you have it or will get it, and if you go anywhere near your dad or stepmom, we will see you completely cut off and/or possibly an ass beating will be administered.”
Ironically, the “van life” folks should be able to fair pretty well, given their minimalist life styles they supposedly follow, and being able to physically cut themselves off from the general population, but will be interesting to see the YouTube videos in a few weeks when many realize they rely on modern civilization.  

lol keep us updated on how they fare out these next few weeks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Fuck, I haven’t been to the office in 6 days. Haven’t shaved and showered twice. Wear the same shit everyday 

Me too.  I finally bathed today, because even I thought I smelled awful.  I don't think I've worn underwear in a week.

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm ok with walks on the beach but I can't see one more clip of dumbmotherfuckers pounding drinks.  You're literally fucking all of us over you ignorant POS.  In NYC we are now officially using one vent on 2 patients.  That is some third world country shit.  FUCK EVERY ONE OF THOSE CUNTS

20200319_214219.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They should find a cheap airbnb somewhere. Are they eligible for the $1k a piece from the government?

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

what's going on in your neck of the woods

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My man, just when I think you can't get any more Oklahoma you make a post that could only be born out of Oklahoma fucking WV's brains out.  Wow.  Please keep us updated. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Is there a good timeline out there for this thing ?  When it was first recognized, when the Chinese gov't took steps to isolate the virus/determine its make up ?  When they started taking steps to control its spread, announce it to the WHO ?  etc. etc.

this very thread.  page 1 -------------->

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what's going on in your neck of the woods

Should be close to 40 hospitalized at NW by morning.  In the 4 major medical centers downtown Chicago (NW/UIC/Rush/UofC) I'm thinking well over 200 actually hospitalized by tomorrow night.  NW ICU full but they have already converted other units.  The vents are still available but at this point it seems very clear its only a matter of time before there's a shortage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That guy needs a how to video, and I'm serious.  

Is this actually possible, or are we just getting 9 people not enough air to live, when the full flow of air could’ve saved one person?  I fully realize this might be a stupid question.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Is this actually possible, or are we just getting 9 people not enough air to live, when the full flow of air could’ve saved one person?  I fully realize this might be a stupid question.

It's possible but really difficult.  I'm only saying it's possible reading that dude's credentials. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Is there a good timeline out there for this thing ?  When it was first recognized, when the Chinese gov't took steps to isolate the virus/determine its make up ?  When they started taking steps to control its spread, announce it to the WHO ?  etc. etc.

Go back to the first few pages of this thread, some interesting information that was trickling out.   

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

just an overview, but I could get some more concrete dates until now in a couple days....

Mid nov- 1st case known

mid dec.- some rumblings in eastern news about a new contagious virus. Chinese gov denies.

late dec- early Jan. Louder reports of virus, gov still denies make dr. Sounding alarm recant. Shit builds and in the lead up to Chinese New Year shit goes nuclear. 

late (Jan 25) Chinese New Year. Total lock down. Gov sees this as an event that could possibly cause organizational revolt. Shit gets real and non essential people are quarantined. 

Feb- branches out to Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Iran. 

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Should be close to 40 hospitalized at NW by morning.  In the 4 major medical centers downtown Chicago (NW/UIC/Rush/UofC) I'm thinking well over 200 actually hospitalized by tomorrow night.  NW ICU full but they have already converted other units.  The vents are still available but at this point it seems very clear its only a matter of time before there's a shortage. 

This does not compute -- https://www.arcgis.com  currently shows a total of 422 active cases in IL. Is the reported data way behind or are normal flu patients being hospitalized?

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

My man, just when I think you can't get any more Oklahoma you make a post that could only be born out of Oklahoma fucking WV's brains out.  Wow.  Please keep us updated. 

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

lol keep us updated on how they fare out these next few weeks

It’s a whole subculture on YouTube.    A large subculture.  There should be some interesting videos popping up on YouTube   Or maybe some of these people slink off to live at their relatives and the videos stop   

While my in-law is in an older SUV, some of these van life types are in $80,000 Mercedes Sprinters with bathrooms and mini-kitchens.  But those types are either making a living doing YouTube videos, or freelance jobs.  

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

This does not compute -- https://www.arcgis.com  currently shows a total of 422 active cases in IL. Is the reported data way behind or are normal flu patients being hospitalized?

LOL, no idea where those numbers are coming from...other than to say maybe the hospitals are only reporting a couple times a day?  This doesn't include likely positives in healthy people who were sent home and won't have results yet.  And I said 200 by tomorrow night.  It's not outlandish at all to think 30% of all IL cases are at the 4 major hospital centers - especially considering complex resp failure cases are often transferred downtown from all over the major metro or even state. 

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's possible but really difficult.  I'm only saying it's possible reading that dude's credentials. 

So what you’re saying is that we need every man who can squeeze an extra 100 h.p. out of an engine to report for duty?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, po elvis said:

They should find a cheap airbnb somewhere. Are they eligible for the $1k a piece from the government?

I doubt they’ve paid taxes in years.    It’s possible they will get the checks, since the $1,200 checks go to the unemployed, recently laid off, currently employed, and retired.   

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’m wondering as well. Splitting lines is easy, but you need to do some actual mechanical changes to get it moving 9x the air volume per stroke. More travel?  Larger diaphragm?

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m wondering as well. Splitting lines is easy, but you need to do some actual mechanical changes to get it moving 9x the air volume per stroke. More travel?  Larger diaphragm?

Turbo charger?  Kind of kidding, kind of not kidding.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away