Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

No one’s personal perspective is going to change anyone’s opinion. To be fair, there are valid points on both sides. The fact that it has become political is pathetic. I highly doubt most of us staying at home want this shit. Unless you are agoraphobic or a lazy asshole who just wants to stay at home we all want to go back to work. 
I do not think I am picking a side but every time Trump speaks he gives ammunition to the media. Period. Doesn’t matter what side you are on. It’s like handing a loaded gun and more bullets to people that don’t care for you. 
My brother (who posts on here not this thread but I wish he would) works every day in hospitals in the Austin area. He is my hero. Just as are the people around him and work in other places. What pisses me off is this has become some kind of “what if we had done this” vs “”we didn’t do enough”  vs “the figures are wrong” vs “yes the figures are wrong but it’s Trump’s fault” vs the figures are wrong but it is “just a virus.”

I realize take it to the cloak room of bs. Honestly I get it. Just say how y’all feel. Either you think this is bs and screw it. Go back to normal and whoever dies dies. Or you say the only reason you don’t want things to go back to normal is because you are into people getting paid for sitting on their asses. Or you say hey let’s see this for what it is an unprecedented virus and we do not know what it can do.  But this subtly is the suck. Just say what you fucking mean. Pick a goddamn camp. Since this virus is unprecedented let’s go. Just stop with the whole debate about figures and whether or not they are right. My two cents.

Nah, that was about tree-fiddy...

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

I’d go back in my cell now except...fucking with you serious types is way more fun. If any of you were in any brain trust of any kind you’d not be posting here. Basically, it’s like watching a seesaw of fools swinging dicks around arguing about who is right. (Save there are obviously a few people who actually know what the fuck they are talking about—and should be commended as such.) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

On an afternoon livestock note, we basically held steady at 70% on cattle run rates, 1K head on the day, and hogs were around 65% but were up 9K on the day. If we can get through the rest of the week without further plant closures, I think we will start to increase runs next week, and could be back to close to 90% by the end of the first week of May if there aren't further setbacks. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Update: Costco is doing a good job with PPE and constant cleaning. Home Depot as usual can go to hell. Almost no employees wearing masks and the one person I had a question for was a dick.

Perhaps it was the question. Did it involve gladiators?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

HPD union and HCSO union both put out statements today basically saying they don't intend to get involved in citing/arresting people for disobeying the mask order. 

I wear a mask when I have to go somewhere.  Which is rare since I’ve been at my ranch.  And I will continue that practice long after it is mandated.  But fuck all if I’m going to wear one walking in my neighborhood once I do get back.  

the way I see it at a minimum a mask stops me from touching my face when I’m out and about around people.  

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I wear a mask when I have to go somewhere.  Which is rare since I’ve been at my ranch.  And I will continue that practice long after it is mandated.  But fuck all if I’m going to wear one walking in my neighborhood once I do get back.  

the way I see it at a minimum a mask stops me from touching my face when I’m out and about around people.  

Where is your ranch at? 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Apparently it doesn't apply when doing outdoor activities alone or when driving or eating. I think it's basically just "wear a mask if you're going into a building with other people."

4 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Apparently it doesn't apply when doing outdoor activities alone or when driving or eating. I think it's basically just "wear a mask if you're going into a building with other people."

And if she would have left it at that it probably would have went over fine.  Making it mandatory is where HPD and HPOU had to come in

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Get a pair of scissors and an old t-shirt. Shit isn't that hard. 

Freaking this...I took a couple of my grandsons old, smaller T-shirts (smaller to fit head tighter and not be constantly falling down) cut it to length and pulled it down over my head and boom, good to go.

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Not bad, I know picking them up locally has gotten rather iffy.  The price is reasonable also as I was expecting to see some gouging going on.

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

Not bad, I know picking them up locally has gotten rather iffy.  The price is reasonable also as I was expecting to see some gouging going on.

The Walmart prices were crazy, like $8-$12.  This other place looked good but realistically, I don't know how quick they can ship them to you.  I didn't step that far through their process, but they seemed to be in stock so that's a plus.

Only thing I feel certain about is this:  that jerk who runs the website and organized the gathering at the Capitol to defy safeguards designed to protect the public should have his ass kicked until he can no longer walk.

• Like 4

Just now, SHOOTER12 said:

Thanks...

Don't be so sure, never can tell who you're talking to on a message board, lulz

True that. To be fair didn’t realize The Boz posts here. His tailgate near LBJ is sweet. Even though he is kinda old and shit he’s probably the nicest person I’ve met that was a Sooner.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I’d go back in my cell now except...fucking with you serious types is way more fun. If any of you were in any brain trust of any kind you’d not be posting here. Basically, it’s like watching a seesaw of fools swinging dicks around arguing about who is right. (Save there are obviously a few people who actually know what the fuck they are talking about—and should be commended as such.) 

Are you high or something? You have been babbling like a fool making no sense all day.

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The Walmart prices were crazy, like $8-$12.  This other place looked good but realistically, I don't know how quick they can ship them to you.  I didn't step that far through their process, but they seemed to be in stock so that's a plus.

I checked for bandanas a couple of weeks back online when I wasn't having any of luck locally and it was ridiculous.   So I went to Walmart and bought the old fashioned cloth diapers.  I think I paid around$4 for a package of 3 dozen.

2 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I checked for bandanas a couple of weeks back online when I wasn't having any of luck locally and it was ridiculous.   So I went to Walmart and bought the old fashioned cloth diapers.  I think I paid around$4 for a package of 3 dozen.

So you're shitfaced?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Are you high or something? You have been babbling like a fool making no sense all day.

Oh sure. Speaking of...need to get on my United Airlines app and track my next mule from Columbia. 
What’s your excuse? 

• Like 1

Well Chris Cuomo just dramatically came out of his basement to announce he is covid free. Now at least one of his kids has it. Hopefully his wife will handle the whole deal so he can get back to...calling those who ride bikes “some jackass, loser, fat-tire biker“

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away