Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Sorry. I’ve only got two and they are my best ones. The dancing horse thing was my favorite part. That and he only shoots guys in the hands. 

Never seen it. Never heard of it. Just had some free time on my hands. That’s the story of my life during quarantine on rainy days. Nothing better to do except google random movie trivia for imaginary internet points on a website full of people I’ll never meet.  Guess that’s my signal for day drinking to commence. 

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s difficult to get the scene where he shoots them all in the hands. But the damn damn hell damn scene with John Wayne’s son you can get. Sorry for crapping on the world’s gonna die now thread.

That was the first 500 pages, now it's the Panicking Nazis demand Golden Corral to save America thread

Edited by Loco
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Never seen it. Never heard of it. Just had some free time on my hands. That’s the story of my life during quarantine on rainy days. Nothing better to do except google random movie trivia for imaginary internet points on a website full of people I’ll never meet.  Guess that’s my signal for day drinking to commence. 

This is where you're wrong.  Waking up is the signal for day drinking to commence.

Edited by utee94

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Mom. Damn! 

So, what's the story on this new purported symptom -- COVID toes/fingers?  See image in spoiler:

Spoiler

OY3MAGM5FVFCBF34PZEIUIOWBE.png

Because, umm, I have had what I thought was a mild fungal infection (effectively athletes foot -- a few blisters and such) since mid January, on a couple of my fingers.  It recently flared up significantly, so much so that I got my doc to prescribe a prescription ointment.

It's not exactly like the images shown....but it's somewhat similar.  Anyone know anything more about this?  I've had no other symptoms (although I did have a hellacious and nasty cold late last year, with a cough that lingered for 5-6 weeks).  Just wondering what the story is.

A guy called my wife last Saturday around noon and left her a voicemail about doing some freelance work for her company.  He was clearly drunk when he left it, but it was a Saturday and she's known him for awhile so she didn't think much of it.  She called him yesterday morning to tell him they didn't have anything for him and he was so drunk she could barely understand him.  Damn, dude.  I think I may know why you're looking for work.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, what's the story on this new purported symptom -- COVID toes/fingers?  See image in spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Because, umm, I have had what I thought was a mild fungal infection (effectively athletes foot -- a few blisters and such) since mid January, on a couple of my fingers.  It recently flared up significantly, so much so that I got my doc to prescribe a prescription ointment.

It's not exactly like the images shown....but it's somewhat similar.  Anyone know anything more about this?  I've had no other symptoms (although I did have a hellacious and nasty cold late last year, with a cough that lingered for 5-6 weeks).  Just wondering what the story is.

Don't blame the 'Rona for your hammer toes fingers

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Reveal hidden contents

It’s herpes.

• Like 2

On an afternoon livestock note, we basically held steady at 70% on cattle run rates, 1K head on the day, and hogs were around 65% but were up 9K on the day. If we can get through the rest of the week without further plant closures, I think we will start to increase runs next week, and could be back to close to 90% by the end of the first week of May if there aren't further setbacks. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

The story? Fitlump is somewhere posting, pretending to have a medical/first responder type job and asking for validation.

You, you’re gonna die or be sent to a leper colony.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hide contents

You've got the Nasty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Honestly if people need masks, I've bought a shitton from Wish.  Take a little while, 1-2 weeks, but they come.  And you'll need them for quite some time.  

https://www.wish.com/feed/tabbed_feed_latest/product/5e8e9feca660a615844870f7?&source=tabbed_feed_latest&position=34&share=web

When I think of wish I think of

spacer.png

• Like 1

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2764367/effectiveness-surgical-cotton-masks-blocking-sars-cov-2-controlled-comparison

this article basically says surgical and cotton masks do not stop the virus from spreading if an infected person coughs while wearing a mask. It did not address the mask effectiveness if someone is asymptomatic. 

Hopefully if a person has developed a cough, they also have other symptoms that would keep them home. But again, like everything else, this relies on people doing what’s best for the community and staying home if they feel even a little sick. 

Is a mask a perfect solution? Not at all, but it’s something. Hopefully more studies come out regarding mask efficacy with asymptomatic carriers. 

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Type 1 diabetes?

Do you have high blood pressure? What’s your typical count?

No diabetes.  Mild hypertension, medication controlled (I'm pretty steady in the 120/80 range, have been for a long time).

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Palms of hand, like the pictures of dyshidrotic eczema? Filled with fluid?

No, between the fingers - I've had a fungal infection before, and it generally looks like this (just some of the small clear blisters), but this one has lingered, and after a while, they look something like the nasty image on the far right (cept I don't paint my nails).

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Have we ruled out furious masturbation?

Never rule it out.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

No diabetes.  Mild hypertension, medication controlled (I'm pretty steady in the 120/80 range, have been for a long time).

No, between the fingers - I've had a fungal infection before, and it generally looks like this (just some of the small clear blisters), but this one has lingered, and after a while, they look something like the nasty image on the far right (cept I don't paint my nails).

Never rule it out.

Do you have a way to check ur blood pressure to verify it is still in that normal range? 

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2764367/effectiveness-surgical-cotton-masks-blocking-sars-cov-2-controlled-comparison

this article basically says surgical and cotton masks do not stop the virus from spreading if an infected person coughs while wearing a mask. It did not address the mask effectiveness if someone is asymptomatic. 

Hopefully if a person has developed a cough, they also have other symptoms that would keep them home. But again, like everything else, this relies on people doing what’s best for the community and staying home if they feel even a little sick. 

Is a mask a perfect solution? Not at all, but it’s something. Hopefully more studies come out regarding mask efficacy with asymptomatic carriers. 

I also don't think that captures benefits regarding distance-dispersion.  The mask has to act as at least a speed bump, slowing the cough particles so they don't go 10 feet.

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

check Now please to see if it is still in a normal range. No one in your family has diabetes? Were you working in the yard? Do you have a fever? 

Can't find the power cord, so can't check at the moment (did my wife put the BP monitor away, but not put the power cord in the same place?  Yes, yes she did).  Have some family history of diabetes (grandmother), but my doc has regularly checked in the past, not even pre-diabetic.  I've worked in the yard some lately and spent some time hiking outdoors, haven't had any fever.

And again, have had this in some form or another since January.  Just flared up more the past couple of weeks.

Spoiler

Looks like someone has the ugly and happened to hey covid too.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It's not exactly like the images shown....but it's somewhat similar.  Anyone know anything more about this?  

It's the Wuhand Virus. 

Quarantine in CR for 14 days, and touch everything there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away