Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

29 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I checked for bandanas a couple of weeks back online when I wasn't having any of luck locally and it was ridiculous.   So I went to Walmart and bought the old fashioned cloth diapers.  I think I paid around$4 for a package of 3 dozen.

Should have just gotten maxi pads and stuck 'em to your face.

38 deaths in Lubbock County, that is more than Travis county and just behind Bexar, Tarrant and Dallas. 

Nursing homes got hit really bad and then this morning there is a report that the biggest nurse home in town just had 2 staffers and 1 resident test positive. Lubbock may see 100 deaths come Mid-May.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Damn. You and your avatar again...

Evidently avatar lives around Blanco and my neighbor works at H-E-B in Bulverde. Caused quite a stir with the ladies while shopping a few months ago. Some guys never lose it. Bastards!

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Awesome. Wife texted me and said Georgia was going to open hair and tattoo parlors. I was looking at flights and tattoos and if I get shitfaced enough to get a tat I might not care about my hair.

• Like 1

So the wife (no pics, preverts) has pink eye.  We're fairly sure (due to lack of fever, respiratory crap, cough, and the fact that we haven't been anywhere) that it's not covid induced.  But that shit sucks nonetheless.

Edited by dcbc

3 minutes ago, dcbc said:

So the wife (no pics, preverts) has pink eye.  We're fairly sure (due to lack of fever, respiratory crap, cough, and the fact that we haven't been anywhere) that it's not covid induced.  But that shit sucks nonetheless.

It can be the first symptom if she was infected in the eye first. Get it checked. 

2 minutes ago, RayDog said:

It can be the first symptom if she was infected in the eye first. Get it checked. 

That's what I read.  She did.  Doc thinks it's just pink eye (until there are other symptoms).   Fingers crossed, all the same.

Edited by dcbc

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Apparently isolating family units together in their homes does not slow the spead in arkie, if you know what i mean

It's because family members in arky been spreading them for each other for years, know what I mean Vern?

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Pool boy farted on her pillow.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh sure. Speaking of...need to get on my United Airlines app and track my next mule from Columbia. 
What’s your excuse? 

Why is your mule coming from South Carolina or Missouri? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Shit - 3 bills for a family of four to get 5 days' protection. Normally I'm all "fuck it" on shit like this but that even gives me pause.

May need to invest in some blue shop towels.

I Have P100 resps and like the n95 they have a bladder air release, filtered in, unfiltered out.  I bet plain old dust masks or bandanas do equally or even better than those.  Thats considering the likely rarity of floating virus in the public (here anyways) and that masking in public is mostly about preventing sick/non symptomatic from spreading, over actually protecting the large majority from inhaling virus.   

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

True that. To be fair didn’t realize The Boz posts here. His tailgate near LBJ is sweet. Even though he is kinda old and shit he’s probably the nicest person I’ve met that was a Sooner.

Easy now sugar britches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Undefeated? 

Two pet cats have tested positive for coronavirus in New York state, the first pets in the US to contract the infection, say officials.
The felines, which are based in two different parts of New York state, both had mild respiratory symptoms, but are expected to recover.
Scientists think it unlikely that a pet could transmit coronavirus to a person.
Previously, seven lions and tigers at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for the virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52390769

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Undefeated? 

Two pet cats have tested positive for coronavirus in New York state, the first pets in the US to contract the infection, say officials.
The felines, which are based in two different parts of New York state, both had mild respiratory symptoms, but are expected to recover.
Scientists think it unlikely that a pet could transmit coronavirus to a person.
Previously, seven lions and tigers at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for the virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52390769

Undefeated?

23 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Pro tip: The lines at Central Market on north Lamar seem to be shorter later in the day.  Not sure if this holds true for other stores or not.

Yeah, the olds in the area around there seem to do their shopping earlier in the day.

I like to jog around the ponds/filtration system behind that Central Market, and it's been cool to see long take-out/drive-through lines at Taco Shack (and Rudy's has stayed busy as well).

• Like 1

So, y'know how they say washing hands for 20 seconds is 2 "Happy Birthday"s?

It's also one "Texas Fight" up to the break:

Texas fight, Texas fight
And it's good-bye to A&M (5 sec)
Texas fight, Texas fight
Let's put over one more win (10 sec)
Texas fight, Texas fight
For it's Texas that we love best (15 sec)
Hey, Hey, the gang's all here!
And it's good-bye to all the rest! (20 sec)

Research has concluded that this also helps to prevent Soonerpneumonia and Aggie "Whoop"-ing Cough.

• Like 6

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away