Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Awesome for Skinner to get silver in her “second chance” at a medal with Biles withdrawing 

Simone playing God(dess).

She's like the Godmother, sitting to the side, determining people's fate, spurring them on to greatness.

I like that she has stuck around rather than pulling a Djokovic.

Go team!

A Belerusian sprinter looks like she is defecting. After criticizing her team leadership, was told to pack her stuff and go home and taken to the airport. She requested help from Japanese police and it looks like she will be allowed to stay while things sort out. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/08/01/belarus-sprinter-olympics-tokyo/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A Belerusian sprinter looks like she is defecting. After criticizing her team leadership, was told to pack her stuff and go home and taken to the airport. She requested help from Japanese police and it looks like she will be allowed to stay while things sort out. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/08/01/belarus-sprinter-olympics-tokyo/

E7tU8bjWEAIJjHB?format=png&name=small

PM thujone

Seriously though, that sucks.  After the stunt they pulled forcing the plane to land last year, I hope she takes advantage of one of those defection offers.

19 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Never said he isn’t a great player, and that is a highly debatable opinion when you add “of all time.”

Ill take peak Sampras on hard or grass, for my eyeballs. Can’t speak to earlier era, equipment and differences in the game. 

Lol at Sampras.  He’s probably my favorite of the modern era but he doesn’t hold a candle to the big 3 or even Borg.  He couldn’t do shit on clay.  You’re out of your element Donny.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Nadine Visser the 100m hurdle from netherlands is legitimate cutie , but that means she wont win for shit. All the fast sprinters are the ones looking like serena williams dressing up for a disco cosplay. 

i dont understand wearing huge ass earrings, chains, apple watch, and flair in your hairdo while in competition but then again im not an olympian. 

final question all the sprinters and hurdlers male and female immediately take off their shoes at the end of the race. Are they really uncomfortable? Laced ultra tight?

f4939eac-7476-413d-8719-2c84f5a04069_26_

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Now for the good shit, Klineman/Ross live on NBC against Cuba. 

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Women’s beach volleyball is on….  Finally

U.S.A. was up two but NBC has to make sure we see the same commercials for the 1000th time. We come back and is tied up. The have a technical time out so we go side by side so we can see them slitting on the bench. I despise our country's coverage of the games. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

U.S.A. was up two but NBC has to make sure we see the same commercials for the 1000th time. We come back and is tied up. The have a technical time out so we go side by side so we can see them slitting on the bench. I despise our country's coverage of the games. 

Yep.  NBC sucks. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I'm not sure what it's for, but I want to see someone hit the little remote control car driving around out in the sector during the hammer throw.

I may be mistaken, but I think it's a robot to take the throwing implement (hammer, discus, shot) back to the thrower. I saw it zooming around during the shot put last night 

Who would have thought the high jump and the 100 m would both be coming home Rome?

Jacobs is the son of an Italian mother and an African American father. His father was a United States Army soldier serving at Caserma Ederle in Italy. Jacobs was born in El Paso, Texas, where he spent the first eighteen months of his life.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

wondering if Camacho-Quinn  ends up making more money as a Puerto Rico gold winner vs running as an American and getting a gold.

I guess she will be a hero in PR, but not sure that matters since she lives in the US. 

Puerto Rico is part of America, in case you weren’t aware. 

Hey Nigeria, you came really close to medaling. Maybe you would’ve gotten there if you didn’t have those big pom poms of hair on your head. There’s a reason male swimmers shave all the hair off their legs and chests. It reduces drag. I can’t help but think the fashion statement probably added a tenth of a second or two to your time. The American silver medalist had her hair pulled back sleek and tight. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Hey Nigeria, you came really close to medaling. Maybe you would’ve gotten there if you didn’t have those big pom poms of hair on your head. There’s a reason male swimmers shave all the hair off their legs and chests. It reduces drag. I can’t help but think the fashion statement probably added a tenth of a second or two to your time. The American silver medalist had her hair pulled back sleek and tight. 

Narrator:  Their hair had nothing to do with their time. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

are you fucking regarded?

or just not paying attention to current events of the last 10 mins

There are time stamps on posts. I posted about Zharnel Hughes more than 10 minutes ago. Not sure what you’re talking about. But sure, I’m the “regarded” one. 

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There are time stamps on posts. I posted about Zharnel Hughes more than 10 minutes ago. Not sure what you’re talking about. But sure, I’m the “regarded” one. 

obviously you werent paying attention.  You chose to tell me that PR is part of the US.... no fucking shit.   but obviously you missed the fact that Jasmine Camacho-Quinn just won a gold medal for PR......   NOT the US mr smartass. 

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

obviously you werent paying attention.  You chose to tell me that PR is part of the US.... no fucking shit.   but obviously you missed the fact that Jasmine Camacho-Quinn just won a gold medal for PR......   NOT the US mr smartass. 

I think you didn’t know that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. when you posted that and now you’re just trying to cover your ass. That makes the most sense.