Olympics, better late than never

Michael Knight

Man, what suckage to beak the WR and still not win….

I ran the 330 hurdles in high school, and that kicked my ass. Lots of people fell at that last hurdle. Mind was willing but the body wasn’t.

I ran 330s and 110s. 110s are technique and 330s are guts. I have permanent scars on the ankle bone of my trail leg.

Just now, wild_turkey said:

I’m a fan of Dalilah Muhammad and wanted to see her win another gold, but I also like Sydney McLaughlin and it’s easy to be happy with that result. What a race and they both smoked Sydney’s WR that’s only a few weeks old.

They crushed it!  Great race and glad to see the US atop the podium.

I ran 330s and 110s. 110s are technique and 330s are guts. I have permanent scars on the ankle bone of my trail leg.

For a short, slow, white* guy, form is the only thing that kept me from flat terrible. Never could break into the 14s in the 110. 15.0 was my wall.

* Guy Drut was my hero.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, TexasIsBetter said:

Did Tara start a ~thing~ with the clapping going before they run? I didn't see anyone do it until she did and now they all are. 

If so, I like it 🤘 

Nah, a lot of jumpers do that. Marquise Goodwin used to get the crowd clapping before he jumped when he was in high school

• Like 1

10 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Our women’s basketball team is announcing their presence with authority.

Unlike MBB, VB and Softball, there's so much less parity in the women's game.  The USA should win the gold easily.   

VB has pro leagues all over Europe, Turkey and Russia, so the US just exports their college grads into those leagues because we don't have pro volleyball. 

Japan actually invests in pro softball, whereas the US just folded their pro league.   

The best USA WBB players stay in the US and play in the WNBA. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...

JFC Japan.  You've been an incredible host, but seriously with the life size Sumo guy?  I respect your culture and understand you wanna show it off, but you didn't consult one equine expert in the design of that course?  Or was that some famous Tokyo negotiating?  

"Uh, I understand the horses will have just gotten off a 14-hour plane ride and are completely freaked the fuck out with all the lights and cameras and new feeding time schedule...but we'd like to place at every single jump obstacle-statues of a Geisha, a Samurai Warrior, a Shinto Priest, and a performing artist of Kabuki." 

"We'll let you have one massive Sumo guy, but that's it" 

"deal!" 

I was watching some of that yesterday and one horse came around a corner and approached the next jump and decided, "nope" and it got a little bit western.  The horse reared up on his hind legs 3 or 4 times but the rider managed to stay on.  Once he calmed down, the rider waved at the judges and then just rode off the course.  The announcers said that it looked like something from the lone ranger show.

I don't think the sumo jump was involved though.