Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good that they aren't sharing a small object that multiple people have exhaled all over.

Oh.

Give it up for Meredith! Lulz

Not sure who is the bigger jackass on that stage, Fitlump or Allen West in his Texas flag polo and new cowboy hat. Cuz ya know, that’s what Texans look like.  I bet he has a “I wasn’t born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could” sticker on his car too.

Edited by Foggy Notion

Also, Jeremy Bravo is one thirsty ass motherfucker. Who is this guy? He’s supposedly running as an independent in the 31st Congressional District, but he spends more time tweeting about Fitlump and the District 6 city council race than he does about his own campaign. He retweets all her stuff and often comes to her defense when someone calls her out on her bullshit in the comments to her tweets.

Edited by Foggy Notion

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Just fucking lulz:

The #American dream is predicated on leading with selfless intent versus selfish intent.

Yeah I laughed at that too. Then I tried to figure out what was selfless about leaving Europe for America, manifest destiny and taking all the native Americans’ land, importing Africans as slave labor, corporate greed, or any other area of American history. 

50 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Also, Jeremy Bravo is one thirsty ass motherfucker. Who is this guy? He’s supposedly running as an independent in the 31st Congressional District, but he spends more time tweeting about Fitlump and the District 6 city council race than he does about his own campaign. He retweets all her stuff and often comes to her defense when someone calls her out on her bullshit in the comments to her tweets.

He's probably seen her old photos.

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From TOS wasn’t there some story about her and lance Armstrong? Or am I confusing her with someone else? Apologies if so.

You’re remembering correctly. Someone archived the highlights at this site:

https://archive.vn/Ut02z

The tldr is she banged Lance, then he quit paying attention to her. So she started sexting him and sending him pics, and he said he would hang out with her in a few months to shut her up. Then she went to Twitter and posted a screenshot of her sexy texts with Lance and tagged Lance in her tweet to get attention on Twitter. Lance sees the tweet, gets pissed cuz now the entire world knows he boned Fitlump (which is way worse than getting stripped of seven Tour de France titles) and texts her WTF? She says she’s sorry, she’ll delete it but she only deletes part and not all of her tweets. Then she came on to TOS and posted screenshots of her texts attempting to make up with a pissed off Lance, including the now infamous line, “Make me gag on your hard clock.” Then she went back to Twitter and said her roommate had stolen her phone the night before and posted the tweets about Lance and it was all a joke. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Foggy Notion said:

I believe this is correct. Fitlump knows she’s not gonna win. And she’s ok with that cuz that’s not her goal.

On an emotional level, her goal is to fill the dark emptiness of her soul with attention, adoration and approval from strangers who don’t know what a shitty person she is. She’s getting that right now from the Q-Anon/Trump/anti-mask/pro-police crowd and idiots like Jeremy Bravo. It’s not enough to win, but it’s enough to fill that need for her.

I do think she’s trying to increase her name recognition for another run in the future. But on a more immediate level, I think this city council run probably is a low level grift. She’ll take in more donations as we get closer to the election and probably end up with $40-50k, but she’s not gonna spend all of it on commercials, yard signs or campaign events. She’ll use some of that money to buy herself another fake Louis Vuitton purse. Then when she loses, she’ll donate her unspent campaign funds to the non-profit of her choice. Which will just happen to be Take Back Austin, and she will just happen to be the only paid staff.

So you think that this attention whore is just craving some attention, from strangers. Who saw that one coming......everyone on Surly/Shaggy, especially those who followed the trainwreck of her new fake tits thread. 
Someday she will run out of places to get this attention, like she ran out of it as a camgirl, a fitness guru, a "firefighter", on this board, and from her 2 sidekicks. She will end up back in another bar finding it in the bottom of a wine glass, telling stories about Lance, Romeo Rose, new tits, and running for Austin City council.

31 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

So you think that this attention whore is just craving some attention, from strangers. Who saw that one coming......everyone on Surly/Shaggy, especially those who followed the trainwreck of her new fake tits thread. 
Someday she will run out of places to get this attention, like she ran out of it as a camgirl, a fitness guru, a "firefighter", on this board, and from her 2 sidekicks. She will end up back in another bar finding it in the bottom of a wine glass, telling stories about Lance, Romeo Rose, new tits, and running for Austin City council.

We still have unchecked boxes on the bingo card. She'll hit those before she gives up. 

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

If you've been watching her actions this time around, she's been working herself into the state GOP through all of her appearances, tweets, etc. and she's met some of the movers and shakers (which honestly isn't that hard if you spend the money and time to attend the fundraisers, rallies, etc. - admittedly it's been a few decades, but I was on George W's campaigns for state and then President back in the 90s and it was easy to buy access.).

Take Allen West - West is the Texas GOP's Chairman.   She's met up with him several times, and he's actually introduced her for a speech.  If she were simply looking for local attention, she wouldn't be spending the money or time on hobnobbing with people like that at the state level.  State GOP is not going to bequeath any gifts or money on somebody like her who has no chance of winning, unless she's in area that is part of an important and contested race (like a Congressional House seat).  Admittedly, I haven't looked at the map, and it's possible she is in a battleground area, in which case they will be more than happy to support local races like her's to get people out to vote.

But, 2020 is a census year, which means redistricting is coming up.  I think she's got her sights on a state seat.

That doesn't mean she's not just doing it because she's craving attention - she could very well be one of those perpetual candidates, but she's got a pseudo-long game going. 

Putting aside everything in her past, she needs to stop dying her hair, or at least pick a better color.  It does her no favors with the olds, that she's going to need.

• Hook 'Em 1

Absolutely, I think she has adjusted her attention-seeking to a wider audience over a longer term.

Which is basically every politician since ever. And honestly her empty vapid approach seems to me to fit perfectly with the culture of the day.

Which is why I asked the question earlier about her winning. She seems like a perfect fit for political office today, especially a city council.

The world has become total fucking nonsense.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Which is basically every politician since ever. And honestly her empty vapid approach seems to me to fit perfectly with the culture of the day.

Which is why I asked the question earlier about her winning. She seems like a perfect fit for political office today, especially a city council.

The world has become total fucking nonsense.

She's pretty good at the hashtag game and giving not-so-subtle nods to the base, which is a huge part of that culture, although she will probably regret tossing out Qanon dogwhistles - that's a taint that will be hard to shake down the road.

I keep wondering if she is doing this now, because redistricting is around the corner.  She's always craved attention, but this is a heckuva time to be making connections and carrying water for the GOP in a seat she can't win.  With redistricting so close, all it takes is a few of the currently-elected state pols to make a run at Congress, and that leaves an opening for somebody like her, who already is chummy with people like Allen West.

If you drill down to the actual number of votes needed to win lesser races, in the right district, I could see her making a serious run for a seat in the state legislature.

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I thinks she’s really running for a state rep. seat.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you've been watching her actions this time around, she's been working herself into the state GOP through all of her appearances, tweets, etc. and she's met some of the movers and shakers (which honestly isn't that hard if you spend the money and time to attend the fundraisers, rallies, etc. - admittedly it's been a few decades, but I was on George W's campaigns for state and then President back in the 90s and it was easy to buy access.).

Take Allen West - West is the Texas GOP's Chairman.   She's met up with him several times, and he's actually introduced her for a speech.  If she were simply looking for local attention, she wouldn't be spending the money or time on hobnobbing with people like that at the state level.  State GOP is not going to bequeath any gifts or money on somebody like her who has no chance of winning, unless she's in area that is part of an important and contested race (like a Congressional House seat).  Admittedly, I haven't looked at the map, and it's possible she is in a battleground area, in which case they will be more than happy to support local races like her's to get people out to vote.

But, 2020 is a census year, which means redistricting is coming up.  I think she's got her sights on a state seat.

That doesn't mean she's not just doing it because she's craving attention - she could very well be one of those perpetual candidates, but she's got a pseudo-long game going. 

Putting aside everything in her past, she needs to stop dying her hair, or at least pick a better color.  It does her no favors with the olds, that she's going to need.

I think you have a very good point.  i was thinking "Who in Austin is she appealing to with the "disgusting liberal" talk?"  Duh, the state GOP elite.  They love living in Austin, (selectively) sampling the local culture, and of course running the state government, but can't even with the people who actually live here.  Perfect pitch to draw the attention and support of that crowd.

Trump is definitely going to retweet her in the next few weeks, right?
Funny you mention because in 2016 she was very pro-Cruz and anti-Trump, calling him out regularly on Twitter & her short lived horrendous radio show (that she broadcast from her PC at home but posted pictures from KLBJ's studio & claimed that's where she worked).

I'm sure she's full MAGA now.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

I think you have a very good point.  i was thinking "Who in Austin is she appealing to with the "disgusting liberal" talk?"  Duh, the state GOP elite.  They love living in Austin, (selectively) sampling the local culture, and of course running the state government, but can't even with the people who actually live here.  Perfect pitch to draw the attention and support of that crowd.

Even she recently admitted on twitter that she used to be friendly with Jimmy Flannigan.  Unless I've missed something, Flannigan is the same person with the same beliefs he was 3-4 years ago.  She's changed who she likes/is willing to work with.

Plus, if she pulled in nearly $20,000 for a race she can't win in the middle of a pandemic, it has to get a little attention at the next level.  A district seat is about the best shot she has at winning a seat in Austin politics (she'll never win a city-wide election like mayor), but this could very well be her auditioning for a state seat/position.

And the legislature only meets every other year, which probably suits her style.

On the one hand, hope I'm wrong, on the other hand it would be hilarious when she finds out she has to show up.

• immamac changed the title to Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat