Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

In the Southwest?  How does that help his core "bring the factory back" voters in the Midwest?  If someone from Bethlehem, PA can't be bothered to look for a job in neighboring NJ, they sure as shit aren't going to move to Arizona or wherever to work in a steel mill.

"If it happened there, well, it could happen here too! MAGA!"

Wasn't that easy?

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

In the Southwest?  How does that help his core "bring the factory back" voters in the Midwest?  If someone from Bethlehem, PA can't be bothered to look for a job in neighboring NJ, they sure as shit aren't going to move to Arizona or wherever to work in a steel mill.

Gonna really burn up the MAGA crowd when they see that over 50% of the workers at the SW plant have Latino surnames. 

• Like 1

of course, for some reason wall street hated the announcement and their stock fell by like 9% yesterday. diametrically opposite of how the street rewarded GM. 
that seems strange.

Global investors dont like companies increasing payroll and are weary of new brick and mortar. They want short-term profit maximization.

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

DOTARD had the words "climate change" scrubbed from government websites because he didn't want anybody else understanding the science of it either.  He hired Pruitt who was a lobbyist set on destroying the EPA. Science should always be about what we see or put in our pocket. 

Donald Trump, a princeling who was raised in luxury, never held accountable for any of his countless personal and business betrayals and failures, and who literally lived in a golden tower for most of his life, is not good with stress. His rage-tweeting shows us that he knows he can’t juggle all the crises steaming toward him, that he knows his astounding power to distort reality for his followers won’t shield him from the political, legal, and personal perils closing in on him.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sensing-defeat-trump-cries-witch-hunt

Rick Wilson strikes again. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Donald Trump, a princeling who was raised in luxury, never held accountable for any of his countless personal and business betrayals and failures, and who literally lived in a golden tower for most of his life, is not good with stress. His rage-tweeting shows us that he knows he can’t juggle all the crises steaming toward him, that he knows his astounding power to distort reality for his followers won’t shield him from the political, legal, and personal perils closing in on him.  

Rick Wilson is a Boss.  Move over Rick Ross...

Imagine being a four-star general and having to bend over and grab your ankles for Cheeto. Amazing.

The CIA has concluded Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to US media.

Khashoggi, who was killed in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul last month, was reportedly given assurances that it was safe for him to attend the consulate in a phone call with the Saudi ambassador to the US, Khalid bin Salman, who is the brother of the Crown Prince.

The Washington Post reported on Friday night that the US intelligence agency intercepted a call from the Crown Prince to his brother Khalid in which he instructed him to telephone Khashoggi.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/17/cia-concludes-saudi-crown-prince-ordered-murder-journalist-jamal/

Just now, retread said:

Imagine being a four-star general and having to bend over and grab your ankles for Cheeto. Amazing.

Nobody ever said the race to top brass isn't political, but imagine a 4-star general not being a cowering pussy.  Guys like Mattis have engraved their own tombstones, and the epitaphs are not flattering.  He should have resigned a long time ago.  Way to reveal your true colors, "General".

5 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Good. I want to see more of the people who's stupidity fucked us all over getting fucked over themselves. Fuck those idiots. 

Again,

tumblr_inline_pa1b70bhQn1se9gmu_500.jpg

You elected a clueless moron who promised to royally fuck with the economy.  He did what you elected him to do.  Now reap the whirlwind.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hearing how the democrats won't impeach the fat orange god because they know they don't have the votes in the senate makes my skin crawl.  Get his dumb ass up there and make him testify under oath.  At least make every POS senator who votes against impeachment look like a fucking clown and make their re-election bids that much harder.  JFC - grow some god damn balls!

You think the GOP Senators voting against impeachment would look like clowns? I don't. After all the crap that Trump and his Trumptards have pulled and let slide by, I don't really see that happening.

I also think that impeachment would be a political mistake. 

Just now, Asithappens said:

You think the GOP Senators voting against impeachment would look like clowns? I don't. After all the crap that Trump and his Trumptards have pulled and let slide by, I don't really see that happening.

I also think that impeachment would be a political mistake. 

Maybe quit playing politics and do what's right?  There's plenty of R's in places that are NOT strongholds for Trump - let them sweat like the fucking pigs they are.  

of course, for some reason wall street hated the announcement and their stock fell by like 9% yesterday. diametrically opposite of how the street rewarded GM. 
that seems strange.

Again- the stock price of a company is exclusively one thing: the value investors set on their confidence in the company’s future plan. That’s it, and that’s all.

hrg497s7m5hz.jpg
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hearing how the democrats won't impeach the fat orange god because they know they don't have the votes in the senate makes my skin crawl.  Get his dumb ass up there and make him testify under oath.  At least make every POS senator who votes against impeachment look like a fucking clown and make their re-election bids that much harder.  JFC - grow some god damn balls!

Gonna have to be patient on this.  They need to warm up the public to the idea of impeachment first.  

Just wait until people start taking the 5th in public congressional hearings. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't think they'll go for impeachment YET. Give them time now that they have control in the House. They'll start asking real questions now. I don't want them to do it too soon. And I don't really want it to pass in the Senate. Then we would get Pence, and I think the spineless Republicans have a better chance in 2020 with Pence than Trump. Never thought I would miss Bush.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Maybe quit playing politics and do what's right?  There's plenty of R's in places that are NOT strongholds for Trump - let them sweat like the fucking pigs they are.  

Based on the folks warming up in the bullpen, err getting ready to take over various House committees, I think The Plan is to make the GOP own the whole Russian and in 2020, they will have the political ammo to force Rs t go on the record either for or against Trump.

That assumes Trump runs.  Right now, he doesn’t have the EVs. 

They need to hold hearings first and build the case.  Get testimony on the record about trump using the presidency for his personal gain, lying about putting his companies in a trust, about kiddy concentration camps.  Then once it's out there, impeach him.  The Senate still won't convict, but make Ben Sasse, Susan Collins, et. al. take a real stand or very publicly deflect on Trump's corruption.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

They need to hold hearings first and build the case.  Get testimony on the record about trump using the presidency for his personal gain, lying about putting his companies in a trust, about kiddy concentration camps.  Then once it's out there, impeach him.  The Senate still won't convict, but make Ben Sasse, Susan Collins, et. al. take a real stand or very publicly deflect on Trump's corruption.

I want to see Graham howl some more.  I want to watch him impotently rage as the House runs a train through Trump and Co.

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gonna have to be patient on this.  They need to warm up the public to the idea of impeachment first.  

Just wait until people start taking the 5th in public congressional hearings. 

19 minutes ago, sachick said:

I don't think they'll go for impeachment YET. Give them time now that they have control in the House. They'll start asking real questions now. I don't want them to do it too soon. And I don't really want it to pass in the Senate. Then we would get Pence, and I think the spineless Republicans have a better chance in 2020 with Pence than Trump. Never thought I would miss Bush.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Based on the folks warming up in the bullpen, err getting ready to take over various House committees, I think The Plan is to make the GOP own the whole Russian and in 2020, they will have the political ammo to force Rs t go on the record either for or against Trump.

That assumes Trump runs.  Right now, he doesn’t have the EVs. 

I see nothing wrong with letting him feel the heat by throwing the word around.  Yes, Pence might be worse for the Democrats but overall he will be much better for the country.  That's nauseating to say but Trump needs to fucking go.  It's not even about political stances at this point.  The orange man child has us all in danger.  He's a sick fuck.  Do not be fooled into thinking otherwise...it really is that simple.  There's a mentally ill man at the helm for the most powerful nation in the history of the world, as we know it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't think it's cause they don't have the votes. I think it's cause they feel that there is more political value in the run up to 2020 with Trump in office. But of course they don't have the votes in the Senate, and barring a totally damning Mueller report, never will.  That being said, I am still on "Trump Impeachment During 1st Term" on Predictit because I think that the clamoring will reach the point that the Democrats will see the value of a total circus show late 2019 or early 2020.  

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think if Mueller can lay out 1/5 the shit in triple's spaghetti bowl its has a chance. But I don't think he will. 

He could lay out the whole thing.  With video proof.  It wouldn't matter.  You know how cults work, and you know that's what we're dealing with.

• Like 2

I don't think it's cause they don't have the votes. I think it's cause they feel that there is more political value in the run up to 2020 with Trump in office. But of course they don't have the votes in the Senate, and barring a totally damning Mueller report, never will.  That being said, I am still on "Trump Impeachment During 1st Term" on Predictit because I think that the clamoring will reach the point that the Democrats will see the value of a total circus show late 2019 or early 2020.  

If they don’t have a path to get the votes to convict (and they don’t) they shouldn’t impeach.
This is up to we the people