Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Anderson Cooper re: Manafort and Trump lying.

"they are all dependent on, for success, everybody else being stupid and they're all dependent on the idea that everyone else who hears them is stupid. Clearly the Mueller team is not stupid nor are the American people when they hear repeated lies from the President that are easily checked. I don't understand the kind of low level of lying, just really bad lying. "  Sorry to tell you Coop, but if this administration has show us anything, is that there is core base of stupid Americans.

Trump needs to go and take a shit with his phone so he can address the country on these issues.  The Mueller stuff took up the entirety of his other bowel movement.  Please, Mr. President, go take a shit and assuage the American people from this anxiety.

“He is doing TREMENDOUS damage to our Criminal Justice System, where he is only looking at one side and not the other. Heroes will come of this, and it won’t be Mueller and his.”

Why is Mueller only looking at the crime side of criminal activity?  Why is he not looking at the other side?

• Like 2

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

“He is doing TREMENDOUS damage to our Criminal Justice System, where he is only looking at one side and not the other. Heroes will come of this, and it won’t be Mueller and his.”

Why is Mueller only looking at the crime side of criminal activity?  Why is he not looking at the other side?

I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side. staying alive was no jive

Had second hands, Moms bounced on Old Man, soon we moved to Shaolin Land

• Like 4

Let's not forget that Cheeto initiated his tariffs on or around the time that Hope Hicks got grilled by the House Intelligence Committee. I think there was some other turmoil that week as well. Prez Lo T basically fucking around with the global economy just to take out his anger. Of course it also riles up his base to support him.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

Just now, retread said:

Let's not forget that Cheeto initiated his tariffs on or around the time that Hope Hicks got grilled by the House Intelligence Committee. I think there was some other turmoil that week as well. Prez Lo T basically fucking around with the global economy just to take out his anger. Of course it also riles up his base to support him too.

his base doesn't realize that his policies regarding trade and tariffs are directly fucking them in the face.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

his base doesn't realize that his policies regarding trade and tariffs are directly fucking them in the face.

"Oh wait, we end up paying the tariffs?"

Literally had this conversation with my FIL who sells steel and was happy to claim success of the tariffs because they were able to hire two more people in his office

• Like 1

Trump wanted to apply tariffs because it's the one thing he found out he can do on his own without needing pesky approval from any other branch of government.  He applied tariffs only because it gives the impression that he's "doing something" and it also provides him a "me, wrapped in a flag, versus them" appearance.  That was it.  He wanted another adversary solely for the sake of appearances.   

Multiple companies who have actual experience in real business and global sourcing and purchasing told him repetitively that tariffs do nothing to improve domestic production but actually accelerates outsourcing and raises prices not only for global businesses but consumers as well.  The exact thing they told him would happen is now happening.  I've got this sneaking suspicion that he's not that bright and has no idea what he's doing.  I mean, is it possible that this guy might be as equally stubborn as he is ignorant?  Forgive me for being blunt, but there seems to be a really good chance that Donald Trump is just ... dumb.   

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Trump wanted to apply tariffs because it's the one thing he found out he can do on his own without needing pesky approval from any other branch of government.  He applied tariffs only because it gives the impression that he's "doing something" and it also provides him a "me, wrapped in a flag, versus them" appearance.  That was it.  He wanted another adversary solely for the sake of appearances.   

I thought that was true only if "National Security" were involved?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Bolton hasn't heard the tape and doesn't think there's value in hearing it. Wow. This is spiraling out of control quickly.

He doesn't understand Arabic so it would be impossible to understand what was happening on the tape because if you don't speak a certain language there's no way for anyone to tell you what was being said in the strange language.  Maybe someday we'll stumble upon a technology that would allow us to understand what was being said in a language we don't speak.  I hope I translated that point well enough for you.

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

He doesn't understand Arabic so it would be impossible to understand what was happening on the tape because if you don't speak a certain language there's no way for anyone to tell you what was being said in the strange language.  Maybe someday we'll stumble upon a technology that would allow us to understand what was being said in a language we don't speak.  I hope I translated that point well enough for you.

i couldn't roll my eyes further back in my head at that point.

i would argue he has a fucking responsibility to listen to that tape.