HBO Max streaming service

Saint Austin

Watched the first episode of White Lotus last night. It was fine, I like the cast and the setting. I usually enjoy the Hawaii/resort setting even when the tone is supposed to be bitter and focused on how miserable the rich people on those vacations actually are. 

It is pretty criminal that in a show that features this level of talent: 

Spoiler

GG0113_interview_01.jpg

5047b07fa550a279ffe4efcf6f5f99d4.jpg

euphoria-sydney-sweeney-shutterstock-emb

The only nudity was a close-up of Steve Zahn's balls.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Watched the first episode of White Lotus last night. It was fine, I like the cast and the setting. I usually enjoy the Hawaii/resort setting even when the tone is supposed to be bitter and focused on how miserable the rich people on those vacations actually are. 

It is pretty criminal that in a show that features this level of talent: 

Hide contents

GG0113_interview_01.jpg

5047b07fa550a279ffe4efcf6f5f99d4.jpg

euphoria-sydney-sweeney-shutterstock-emb

The only nudity was a close-up of Steve Zahn's balls.

Daddario and Sweeney have paid their HBO nude scene dues. Connie Britton has not. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

So Bosch is moving to something called IMDBtv, which is allegedly "always free," and also owned by amazon? I'd understand the move better if there were already a ton of attractive shows for adults to watch on Prime but their catalog is sparse IMO. I don't get the play, in business terms.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

So Bosch is moving to something called IMDBtv, which is allegedly "always free," and also owned by amazon?

IMDBtv is a decent streaming site with lots of older tv shows and movies. It's kind of like Pluto. No subscription fee, but there are commercials.

48 minutes ago, RPM said:

IMDBtv is a decent streaming site with lots of older tv shows and movies. It's kind of like Pluto. No subscription fee, but there are commercials.

And I'm guessing the business strategy is for Bosch II to bring publicity and viewership to imdbtv. But why do so at the expense of primetv? Is prime just going to be a wasteland of shows they can pick up for cheap? That actually seems like positive news for anyone who's tired of paying an annual fee to amazon.

Edited by Chopper

Just now, Chopper said:

And I'm guessing the business strategy is to bring publicity and viewership to imdbtv. But why do so at the expense of primetv? Is prime just going to be a wasteland of shows they can pick up for cheap? That actually seems like positive news for anyone who's tired of paying an annual fee to amazon.

This is all uncharted territory. To me it looks like big money trying to secure content to stream before one of the other big money groups. If Prime can secure a production library before HBO, Hulu or Paramount that gives them room to work. Yes, there will be shit shows, but among them is where you find gold.

I finished the pilot of White Lotus. Really well cast, but that’s really the only nice thing I can say about it. I know the show is supposed to be a study on anxiety and how do put that behind you on vacation, but holy shit it hits you over the head with it. 

It’s not funny. It’s not a compelling drama, it’s just doing the anxiety thing. We get it HBO. It’s hard to be a rich person in the United States.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

I finished the pilot of White Lotus. Really well cast, but that’s really the only nice thing I can say about it. I know the show is supposed to be a study on anxiety and how do put that behind you on vacation, but holy shit it hits you over the head with it. 

It’s not funny. It’s not a compelling drama, it’s just doing the anxiety thing. We get it HBO. It’s hard to be a rich person in the United States.

It has its moments. Alexa D showing off her amazing bod after being bigtimed by the trust fund chicks was amazing.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Space Jam is....a movie with a lot of Warner Brothers IP from Rick and Morty to Austin Powers to Casablanca.

For a movie aimed at little kids, they shoulda cut out the swearing, but I guess they gotta be edgy.

Lol it was a Warner Bros IP commercial 

It has its moments. Alexa D showing off her amazing bod after being bigtimed by the trust fund chicks was amazing.

She is so amazingly hot. Unfortunately, the “nudity” was Steve Zahn’s (or a prosthetic) twig-and-berries.

I caught bits and pieces of Chernobyl when it came out - a part of an episode in a hotel room, at a friend's, but never a full episode or anything, and usually nothing more than a few minutes.

Holy shit I want to binge watch Chernobyl.  I'm through two and a half episodes.

Yeah, they have British accents, but it's very easy to forget, and the thing feels like fly-on-the-wall perspective.

• Like 1

The wife and I slow binged on CB Strike, a british series about a soldier in the Afghan war who moves back to London and becomes a P.I. It's of the whodunnit variety where each mystery gets solved over 2 or 3 episodes. Avoids being hokey. Enjoyed it. 

Speaking of brit accents there's a front page WSJ article today about a wave of toddlers who've binged on some british cartoon about a pig during the pandemic and now speak like a brit - accents and common terms. “Mummy, are you going to the optician?” said the American 5 year old.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Speaking of brit accents there's a front page WSJ article today about a wave of toddlers who've binged on some british cartoon about a pig during the pandemic and now speak like a brit - accents and common terms. “Mummy, are you going to the optician?” said the American 5 year old.

Binging 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders did the same to me.

After I've had a few ill ask for another drink followed with BY ORDER OF THE PEACKY FOCKIN' BLINDERS!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The wife and I slow binged on CB Strike, a british series about a soldier in the Afghan war who moves back to London and becomes a P.I. It's of the whodunnit variety where each mystery gets solved over 2 or 3 episodes. Avoids being hokey. Enjoyed it. 

I first read it as “The wife and I slow banged on CB Strike…”

Will watch tonight, thanks for the reminder.

Some other youtube source recounted the story of how the RHCP's preplanned closer was the cover of Hendrix's 'Fire'. Flea, worried about the ramifications of stoking a riot, looked at Kiedis asking, "Are we really going to do this?"

"Yup."

Woodstock 99 was so good.

I had forgotten all about it. What type of crowd were they expecting to show up for Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Rage against the Machine, Korn and Metallica? 

LOL at creed: "Here's the base player from the Doors!"

If you didn't have Eminem's "so I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst/and hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first" running through your head for about half the show I don't know what to tell you.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, Chopper said:

I enjoyed that one.  The books are good too.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, 4th&Five said:

I’m starting to really like White Lotus. Other than the Stiffler’s mom storyline. 

I agree, i enjoyed episode 3.

Stiffler's mom is a beating, but I guess that is the point. Still exhausting. I am assuming, ultimately, the massage therapist bending over backwards for her will not bear fruit.

why is the Paula/Bellboy hook-up being treated as such a big deal?

I agree, i enjoyed episode 3.
Stiffler's mom is a beating, but I guess that is the point. Still exhausting. I am assuming, ultimately, the massage therapist bending over backwards for her will not bear fruit.
why is the Paula/Bellboy hook-up being treated as such a big deal?

It is the point and it was magnificent. Hotel Mgr setting up douchebag on the boat trip with her was awesome.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Enjoying White Lotus.

I guess the intent is to always keep you guessing at who dies.  The characters and their flaws are all coming out.

Honestly, I would watch regardless, just be cause you have 2 of the best sets of tits in Hollywood.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1