Explosion in Beirut

Pancho

Damn...I would imagine anyone within a couple hundred feet of that was pretty much vaporized. Beirut hasn’t really been very unstable in a while has it, meaning this is most likely an accident rather than terrorism.

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Damn...I would imagine anyone within a couple hindered feet of that was pretty much vaporized. Beirut hasn’t really been very unstable in a while has it, meaning this is most likely an accident rather than terrorism.

Lebanon is on the verge of collapse.

https://apnews.com/dfd6b687da750f7f7c971e04a2bb0daf

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

twitter says this was the 2nd of 2 explosions.

so the first explosion is obviously the fire we can see.. and also explains why there are multiple folks recording the fire.  they heard the boom and hit record.

gonna be tough figuring out what caused the first explosion as that whole area is pretty much vaporized.  

this could still be an accident or an intentional act.   EDIT-  this may have been a fireworks warehouse or factory.  Leaning heavily towards accident

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hate said:

Thanks. I was unaware. It’s a shame because I have always heard the Beirut was a great city. I believe it was even referred to as the “Paris of the Middle East” at some point...or maybe I dreamed that?

Yup. My uncle studied at the America University there and lived there right before things went to shit. It was an Arab jewel, so naturally angry forces had to pound it into sand

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

Thanks. I was unaware. It’s a shame because I have always heard the Beirut was a great city. I believe it was even referred to as the “Paris of the Middle East” at some point...or maybe I dreamed that?

Yep its an amazing cosmopolitan city. Which makes sense. It was a large Administrative and port city under multiple large multicultural empires (ottoman and French being the most recent).   It can trace its history back 5000 years!    Sadly their recent history hasn’t been all that swell. 

• Like 1

So fireworks sort of make sense in the vein of all the little flashes you see in the fire but what sets off that huge charge?  Is that some room that the fire burns into where everything goes off at once, literal powder keg.  That was a pretty fucking uniform detonation

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So fireworks sort of make sense in the vein of all the little flashes you see in the fire but what sets off that huge charge?  Is that some room that the fire burns into where everything goes off at once, literal powder keg.  That was a pretty fucking uniform detonation

Apparently it was on a ship. The room you're talking about is almost certainly whatever fuel was on board. Everyone here has seen at the least a video of a car gas tank explode, right? Okay well take ~10 gallons and try hundreds of thousands instead. 

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

i believe scientific terms is along the lines of critical mass.   almost all the massive explosions caught on camera act this way once whatever is burning allows enough arasolation

that China chemical plant from 4-5 years ago is a prime example.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i believe scientific terms is along the lines of critical mass.   almost all the massive explosions caught on camera act this way once whatever is burning allows enough arasolation

that China chemical plant from 4-5 years ago is a prime example.

That China one was on another level.  The last explosion looks like the opening of Terminator 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONsmJAyFAAw

also all of you doubting the fireworks story need to stop being conspiracy theorists.

just fucking google mexico or china firework factory explostions.  There have been a shitload over the last 30 years.

Here is the West  explosion from 7 years ago.  fertilizer plant.... main explosion is the last 10 seconds.       it went up just as bad.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

also all of you doubting the fireworks story need to stop being conspiracy theorists.

just fucking google mexico or china firework factory explostions.  There have been a shitload over the last 30 years.

Here is the West  explosion from 7 years ago.  fertilizer plant.... main explosion is the last 10 seconds.       it went up just as bad.

precisely.

phosphate nitrate ammoniumtrate aggytrate all that shit.  fertilizer.

this was a fertilizer "bomb" like oklahoma city x 100000.