Formula 1 2021

wood

16 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Happy for Danny, hopefully this is the start of better things to come. 

His team strategy fucked him a bit. It seemed like the right call to follow Ferrari with the undercut but his tires were fine (as Norris went 9 more laps on the same) and he would have passed Gasley naturally. Worked out great for Norris and only really cost Danny one spot. Still the best day they could hope for with getting the assist from Aston knocking Ferrari clean out of the points. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Bottas a bit displeased with Merc’s strategy today.

Very entertaining race. It looks like there an actual fight for the WCC and WDC. Having a driver in the 2nd car who is racing with pace at the front is really helping Red Bull and Max. Good day for McLaren also. 

Two more race weekends back-to-back. Bring it on! 

Very entertaining race. It looks like there an actual fight for the WCC and WDC. Having a driver in the 2nd car who is racing with pace at the front is really helping Red Bull and Max. Good day for McLaren also. 

MB completely screwed the pooch today with their strategy. Should have listened to Bottas when he said it was a 2 stop race.

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

MB completely screwed the pooch today with their strategy. Should have listened to Bottas when he said it was a 2 stop race.

The announcers hinted at it, but what are the chances that Mercedes left him out there to slow down Max from getting to Lewis?

Fun race. Question for the experts: was there any sort of penalty for any of the drivers who left the track at the beginning? It didn’t seem like it. How does that work?
Other than rules like "going off track you need to go around the second bollard" they don't enforce limits much right at the start. Too many cars and not enough space.
  • Like 1

Lewis and Bottas both told the team it was a two stop race. Not sure why they were ignored. Merc out nerded themselves today.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Colonel Sanders said:

Surprised Bottas didn't try to pick up a fastest lap after Checo passed him.   

very weird, he obviously wasnt gaining it back, and there was 51 second gap behind.

though i think perez went fully off the track after the pass, and i think bottascedes was banking on perez be given 5 second penalty OR having to give the place back.

anyway, congrats to formula 1, only they can get 100M people to watch which teams can change wheels calculate tire wear better than another. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

The announcers hinted at it, but what are the chances that Mercedes left him out there to slow down Max from getting to Lewis?

1 hour ago, NoName said:

99.9999999999999999999999%

and Bottas didn't put up much resistance.  probably intentionally because Mercedes didn't listen to him and he's sick of being the lil' bitch boy.

didn't seem like there was much he could do, but Max just blew past him.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

and Bottas didn't put up much resistance.  probably intentionally because Mercedes didn't listen to him and he's sick of being the lil' bitch boy.

tenor.gif

i mean, what were his options? just to box on his own without them being prepared?

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:
On 6/20/2021 at 11:02 AM, PittsburghTiger said:
Post race show on the YouTube.  Through F1
free

Anyone have a link to this? I can usually find it on YouTube, but I can't seem to find yesterday's.

I'm not sure of the exact link I was watching because I was watching on the TV. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/Formula1

22 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That's certainly possible as well, but good luck with that.  Max was the fastest car all weekend and he was on fresher tires.  Nobody was going to slow him down.  He went straight around Lewis as well.

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

tenor.gif

Nobody was stopping Max yesterday.  Lewis didn't put up much resistance when he got caught, either.  You can't blame Bottas for that, although many are trying to do so.