Post the most embarrassing thing on your bar

Buzzrock

My God.  That’s some wretched shit 

ive got a handle of Nikolai vodka in the freezer for my wife’s friends when they come over.  I’m not letting those teachers fuck up my actual stash anymore.  Birches drank my Midwinter Night’s Dram and Jefferson’s Ocean a year ago at their Christmas party, mixed with Diet Coke.   

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

My God.  That’s some wretched shit 

ive got a handle of Nikolai vodka in the freezer for my wife’s friends when they come over.  I’m not letting those teachers fuck up my actual stash anymore.  Birches drank my Midwinter Night’s Dram and Jefferson’s Ocean a year ago at their Christmas party, mixed with Diet Coke.   

Teachers make up one of the hardest partying contingents in the nation. Right up there with bartenders and frat bros.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Teachers make up one of the hardest partying contingents in the nation. Right up there with bartenders and frat bros.

No doubt.  I had those bottles and some other good shit hidden in a closet with strict instruction that it was not to be used.   They ran out of the Jim beam I bought them for “cocktails” and oroceeded to kill 2 solid bottles mixing it with Diet Coke.   I was furious.   

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

No doubt.  I had those bottles and some other good shit hidden in a closet with strict instruction that it was not to be used.   They ran out of the Jim beam I bought them for “cocktails” and oroceeded to kill 2 solid bottles mixing it with Diet Coke.   I was furious.   

I would acquit you for whatever you might have done if I was on your jury.  On the other hand, you purchased a bottle of Jim Beam.  I’m a little torn here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I would acquit you for whatever you might have done if I was on your jury.  On the other hand, you purchased a bottle of Jim Beam.  I’m a little torn here.

I'll take the stand for him. They are clearly heavy drinkers. Not going to label anyone an alcoholic as it's not necessarily the same. Buying a bottle of Jim Beam to be used for mixed drinks for a group that is going to go through multiple bottles is absolutely acceptable in my eyes. 

The issue as I see it is that not enough alcohol was provided, and/or the Good Stuff was not hidden well enough. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'll take the stand for him. They are clearly heavy drinkers. Not going to label anyone an alcoholic as it's not necessarily the same. Buying a bottle of Jim Beam to be used for mixed drinks for a group that is going to go through multiple bottles is absolutely acceptable in my eyes. 

The issue as I see it is that not enough alcohol was provided, and/or the Good Stuff was not hidden well enough. 

That’s true.  However, he could buy a bottle of Benchmark or EWBiB at a similar price point.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

That’s true.  However, he could buy a bottle of Benchmark or EWBiB at a similar price point.

These are female Kindygarten teachers, at Christmas.   They didn’t drink their wine I bought them.   They weren’t gonna drink EWBiB.  They destroyed JB and then found my good stuff.  Thank God they didn’t get into my Weller 12

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd rather spend like 5-10$ more and get Bulleit 

In the immortal words of Geddy Lee-- "Ten bucks is ten bucks."  I'd rather not waste it on chicks that will never know the difference anyway. 

I have an embarrassing bottle of cheap Creme de Menthe that's been in my bar for a decade.  I don't know where it came from, and as far as I know nobody has ever used it.  But there it sits.

42 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I have an embarrassing bottle of cheap Creme de Menthe that's been in my bar for a decade.  I don't know where it came from, and as far as I know nobody has ever used it.  But there it sits.

My parents used to put that on my ice cream starting at about age 3-4 years old when we lived in South Carolina.  I haven't tried it in a while, but I have fond memories of destroying some creme de menthe mixed with vanilla ice cream up until about age 9-10, when I made the switch over to Blue Bell Cookies N Cream.

My parents tell a story about one night our babysitter thought she was going to get fired or worse when she gave my older sister and I ice cream, and we proceeded to hep ourselves in the bar and load it up with CdM (me) and Kahlua (her) without the babysitter knowing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

My parents used to put that on my ice cream starting at about age 3-4 years old when we lived in South Carolina.  I haven't tried it in a while, but I have fond memories of destroying some creme de menthe mixed with vanilla ice cream up until about age 9-10, when I made the switch over to Blue Bell Cookies N Cream.

My parents tell a story about one night our babysitter thought she was going to get fired or worse when she gave my older sister and I ice cream, and we proceeded to hep ourselves in the bar and load it up with CdM (me) and Kahlua (her) without the babysitter knowing.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

I've got a 750 of Jager in the freezer of my beer fridge that I'm not terribly proud of.

My wife went on a kick about 6-7 years ago where she was drinking that flavored Kinky vodka, and she bought a bunch of bottles and promptly returned to her usual cider and beer routine.  That shit's gross.

I hosted a company Christmas/holiday party a few years in a row and that has created quite the stash of embarrassing shit in my liquor cabinet. 

-Fireball - my staff is mostly young female and they love this crap. I've done as many shots with them as they like and I am not sure there is actually liquor in the liquor. There's a giant handle of it, half full, that hasn't been touched in two years. But, hey, you never know when an army of strippers is going to come knocking and looking for a party, so I guess I'll hang on to it.

-Butterscotch Liquor - fairly certain buttery nipples were being made. I can't think of a moment in my future where I'm going to be perusing the liquor cabinet in order to make a drink for myself and think, "huh, yeah, I could go for a few buttery nipples right now."

-Banana Liquor - I have no fucking clue why this made an appearance. We weren't making daquiris. It's oddly only about a third full. I'm hanging onto it until Fredo Corleone shows up to visit, I guess. 

-Smirnoff Vodka - I just need to dump this down the sink and clear space or give it to the teenager of my asshole next door neighbor. We catered with Tito's. I assume some woman's rube of a date brought this, so hopefully she's dumped him or she's since left the business. 

-Baronjager - some sort of trash honey liquor that I tasted, trying to figure out what it was and who would have brought it. It turns out, that shit is delicious, especially when ice cold, so now, that shit is mine and I'll probably restock it.

Edited by closetojumping

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Who did the peanut butter liquor performance art last year?

I don't know if its embarrassing or not, but my wife came home with a bottle of this about 10 years ago and it never gets touched.

tuacavanillacitrusliqueurnew750__62091__

One of my buddy's in college was closeted gay and an actual alcoholic already (like turned into a raging asshole when he drank), and he downed this shit like it was going out of style.  A shot or two was fine, but I've tasted it on the way back up and have zero interest in ever tasting it again.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I have gone through several bottles of Kraken spiced rum. No idea on how well it's regarded but it's delicious. 

Never was my thing but it's well regarded enough. My fraternity house roommate liked it. I mean, someone might make fun of you for drinking spiced rum but as far as brands go you can do much, much worse. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I hosted a company Christmas/holiday party a few years in a row and that has created quite the stash of embarrassing shit in my liquor cabinet. 

-Fireball - my staff is mostly young female and they love this crap. I've done as many shots with them as they like and I am not sure there is actually liquor in the liquor. There's a giant handle of it, half full, that hasn't been touched in two years. But, hey, you never know when an army of strippers is going to come knocking and looking for a party, so I guess I'll hang on to it.

-Butterscotch Liquor - fairly certain buttery nipples were being made. I can't think of a moment in my future where I'm going to be perusing the liquor cabinet in order to make a drink for myself and think, "huh, yeah, I could go for a few buttery nipples right now."

-Banana Liquor - I have no fucking clue why this made an appearance. We weren't making daquiris. It's oddly only about a third full. I'm hanging onto it until Fredo Corleone shows up to visit, I guess. 

-Smirnoff Vodka - I just need to dump this down the sink and clear space or give it to the teenager of my asshole next door neighbor. We catered with Tito's. I assume some woman's rube of a date brought this, so hopefully she's dumped him or she's since left the business. 

-Baronjager - some sort of trash honey liquor that I tasted, trying to figure out what it was and who would have brought it. It turns out, that shit is delicious, especially when ice cold, so now, that shit is mine and I'll probably restock it.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with Smirnoff. If you don't like it chilled it's completely solid in screwdrivers and bloodys. I don't know how Smirnoff came to be associated with bad vodka but it's not.

Butterscotch liqueur is nice in a camelback when skiing. Not sure that's applicable to your situation.

I have a buddy who love Baronjager in college. I thought it was disgusting, but I do like an ice cold shot of regular Jager from time to time. 

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Who did the peanut butter liquor performance art last year?

I don't know if its embarrassing or not, but my wife came home with a bottle of this about 10 years ago and it never gets touched.

tuacavanillacitrusliqueurnew750__62091__

I don't know how long it stays good, but it's not bad in coffee.

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

In the immortal words of Geddy Lee-- "Ten bucks is ten bucks."  I'd rather not waste it on chicks that will never know the difference anyway. 

Grasshoppers for everyone!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Girls love this shit....personally I'm not a fan. 

Although i heard this mixed with rumchata or however it's spelled taste like cereal.

Hmm, I happen to have both on the bar (and don't care for either). I will report back.

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Hmm, I happen to have both on the bar (and don't care for either). I will report back.

1 oz Skrewball (bought this summer)
1 oz Rumchata (bought between 5-10 years ago)
Shaken over ice and strained into a shot glass

Roughly the color of jizz. Smells like vanilla vomit. Tastes like chilled cinnamon vanilla vomit. Zero out of five, would not do that again.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Grasshoppers for everyone!

Which reminds me of a joke.

A grasshopper walks into a bar.  The bartender looks up at him and says, "Hey, we've got a drink named after you!"

Grasshopper says, "You've got a drink named Murray?"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Agree on all of the above.  We make caiprinhas throughout the summer.

Far superior to the margarita (which I enjoy when I make them, properly), and they'll rip your face off if you're not careful.  

I made a gallon of caipirihna to take out on my buddy's boat one summer a few years back.  Some folks didn't realize how strong it was.  It was pretty comical.  

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Far superior to the margarita (which I enjoy when I make them, properly), and they'll rip your face off if you're not careful.  

I made a gallon of caipirihna to take out on my buddy's boat one summer a few years back.  Some folks didn't realize how strong it was.  It was pretty comical.  

Ha!  I typically keep hard liquor off my boat because my drunken buffoon friends + water = a very bad idea.

Just now, utee94 said:

Ha!  I typically keep hard liquor off my boat because my drunken buffoon friends + water = a very bad idea.

It has definitely not been repeated.  The guy that owns the boat passed out.  I called my buddy who owned one of the marinas and had him come tow us back in.   I wasn't about to get a BWI on my friend's boat.